The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Life Could be a Dream I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Life Could be a Dream I_vote_lcapLife Could be a Dream I_voting_barLife Could be a Dream I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Life Could be a Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Life Could be a Dream

Post by Chellizard June 30th 2017, 2:30 am

Damp, cold, and alone. Chicago stood still on the anniversary of a fallen hero. People would walk by, no one paying a single mind to the worn down memorial at the grand park. Except one lonely soul. A man stood still, a pair of brilliant white and black feathered wings arced out to his sides, ruffling gently as they stretched.

It had been three agonizing years since Nathaniel had thought about Rey Miller's death. Recent unfortunate events lead the man to reminisce on the good times, and now he found himself standing in front of the memorial. The sky was grey, clouds thick and hiding away the evening sun. Rain threatened to pour down on The Windy City, but not yet. There were still families at the park, packing up their day of fun.

Nathaniel was not an old, beaten up man. No, not at all. But he felt like one. A strong, unshaven jawline added a dark contrast to his very pale, porcelain skin. He was hidden behind of his mask, however, only the top portion of his face able to be seen. His piercing blue eyes would stare up at the memorial, a hooded bronze statue atop of a large stone base. The statue was of a man that did much more for this city than it deserved.

"... You were always the religious one, Rey..." his hands formed fists, his brows furrowing as he took a deep breath through his nose.

"I miss you, and you aren't here to laugh at me for it. Life feels stagnant, and I know you would figure out something... Anything." tears were threatening to spill passed his eyes, but he held himself together. Moving a hand to the mouth of his mask, he pulled open a little opening, the mouth swinging open on hinges, splitting in the middle. It tore apart the permanent smile, revealing a deep frown etched into his face.

Shaking hands pulled a silver case from his pocket, as well as a beaten up zippo lighter. Igniting the flame, he brought a clove cigarette to his lips and pulled a deep drag into his lungs. Letting out a shaking breath, the smoke billowed in front of him before dispersing in the cold, humid air.

"My sister is dying, my niece was missing for a year, and the world feels as if it's barely holding on by a thread. I often wonder what would have happened had I been there to save you." another drag helped calm his nerves, keeping his voice from breaking as he spoke aloud.

Relaxing for a moment, he reached up and placed his hands over the words etched into the name plate.

'The Ranger.'

Nathaniel knew who this man was in and out of the costume, but the world saw him as a hero... and that's all that mattered.

Closing his eyes, and the cherry on his clove cigarette burning red hot, rain ripped from the sky above him and poured down over Chicago. People rushed passed him, umbrellas opening and kids shrieking in excitement for rain to hit this city.

A few people stole glances at Nathaniel as he stood still, cigarette becoming soggy as he stayed in the rain. His massive wings would ruffle again before he dropped the cigarette and smashed it into the sidewalk.

"Say a prayer for this God Forsaken world, Rey. I'll see you on the other side." Nathaniel said, turning away from the memorial, his attention finally pulling back to reality.

Sirens wailed in the distance, both from police and ambulance vehicles. His left hand would rise, sliding the small doors to the mouth of his mask closed. It forced a smile upon his frowning face. The dusted bronze mask added a touch of old style to his attire. The dark suit now soaked from the rain. His wings would spread, pulling him up into the air, sending him soaring toward the sound of chaos and peril. He would need to find out what exactly was going on before he made an attempt to help.

As he neared the scene, he realized it was an apartment building that had caught fire. Was it arson? Was it an accident? He had no idea, but he needed to think fast. Lives were waiting to be saved, and it looked as if he had already wasted enough time getting emotional and mopey.

It was time for the Cor Domitor to get to work.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Life Could be a Dream JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Life Could be a Dream

Post by Guest June 30th 2017, 3:05 am

As Vincent flew through Chicago he couldn't help but feel bored. I mean sure fighting crime is fun, but there's only so many muggings and drug deals you can stop before it gets boring. He wanted some variety in the things he did. Even if it was something as mundane as rescuing a cat out of a tree or saving someone from a car crash. Luckily for him, and unluckily for the people in there there was a burning building nearby.

When he approached the building Vincent had to stop himself from acting immediately and think for a bit. His first instinct was to just fly through the building and get everyone out before it collapsed. "Ah shit lets not do that," he thought to himself. Even if he was able to evacuate everyone from the building in time, which he wasn't even one hundred percent sure on, he was pretty sure that the collateral damage caused by a superhuman flying through a building at hyper sonic speeds would just kill more people than he saved. That was assuming that he was even fast enough to accomplish a feat like that. If he was too slow then all he would be doing is killing everyone in the floors that he was too slow to evacuate and the people in the surrounding area.

After briefly thinking it over Vincent flew over to a window and slammed into it just hard enough to shatter the glass. He looked around the abandoned bedroom for a sign of life before calling out. "Hey if you're not dead tell me where you are!" He made his way into the living room. "I don't have super senses so I can't, like, smell you or whatever." A few moments later he managed to find someone and began to bring them to the fire fighters. "So how many people are still in the building?"

The girl that Vincent had rescued was in shock, and did not respond to his question. "Alright then," Vincent said to himself quietly. "Guess I'll just have to figure out on my own. Cool."

Once he touched the ground and handed off the girl to the EMTs Vincent grabbed a gas mask off the nearest firefighter and flew back into the building.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OveristOfLords June 30th 2017, 12:00 pm

Life Could be a Dream 5ac00f1768d29abcb0e54fe27836566f

Oscar walked down the street in his casual attire, his beanie fixed on his head and left arm wrapped in a white cloth. He kept a loose hand in his pocket and a pair of blue earphones stuck inside his ear, playing a playlist fIlled with happy music, a stark contrast to the pathetic falicy around him.

As he turned the corner he saw an apartment building currently blazing away, his left fist tightening as he saw it. He looked over the road to see an alleyway that seemed dormant and quickly rushed over to it, keeping a tight grip of his backpack.

As he got there he started to quickly change out of his clothes, exposing his metal left arm as he took of  his top and began routing through his bag, pulling out the costume of Half Metal.

As soon as he got into the costume he put his visor on and used his magnokenisis to zip up to the roof of the shop the alley was part of. He started jumping from roof to roof and made his way to the the side by sipping over to the top of a loader truck and then magnetically zipping to the buildings unused fire escape.

He covered his mouth as he began to run up the fire escape and smashed in a window of one of the floors that was on fire. His eyes focused into the carbon monoxide filled room, not being able to see through the thick black veil of smoke.

"Anyone in here? I need you to make yourself known so I can get you out of here." He shouted as he wafted away the black smoke, keeping a hand over his mouth. Luckily his cells would help fight of the poisoness smoke but to other it'd cause bad effects.

He heard the screams of two male voices and dashed into the smoke, searching the house and finally finding two small twins. He grabbed the two and jumped out of the window, telling them to hold on as the glass smashed around him. He had to react fast as he was going to hit the ground soon, spotting a car under him and having to quickly push it downward, keeping himself floating a few feet in the air with the two twins sitting on his back, slowly falling onto the car and letting the two kids down.

"You two go round the corner and find the policemen okay? Tell them you've just been rescued and you need to find your parents." He told them in a soft voice as they ran of snivelling,  Oscar zipping back up to help more out of the building.
OveristOfLords
OveristOfLords

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 10th 2017, 6:14 pm

As Nathaniel watched the fire burn the building, he contemplated his options. The first obvious one was to rescue as many people as he could without death reaping them on this day. It would be very, very unfortunate, and further kill his mood.

Licking his lips, his eyes closing for a split second. But, then he thought of the obvious choice. Extinguish this fire.

His eyes would catch another body jumping from one roof, to a truck, and then toward the burning building. A sharp glint would shine off of the body. It was as if they were made of metal, or some other alloy.

Furrowing his brows, Nathaniel would turn his attention back to the building. If people were helping, it made this easier.

Lowering himself down by cupping his wings against the air, he would land with a graceful thud. His low heeled dress shoes would crunch over the ground, the tails of his coat billowing behind of him as the wind and rain tried to beat the fire into submission, but to no avail. Smoke, fire, and rain did not go well together. It made things sticky, humid, and definitely harder to breathe.

Pedestrians would notice Nathaniel, only a few realizing who he was. They were older, either parents, or teenagers obsessed with Metahumans. They would whisper while stealing glances. Nathaniel paid no mind to it. There was no reason to let his ego get attention now.

Approaching the building as others ran from it, coughing and gasping for breath, he stood tall. Once he was close enough, he pushed his sleeves back and raised his hands. Runes appeared in the air surrounding his palms as he started to speak.

"Ignis... et... abierunt!" As the last syllable touched his lips, the fire destroying the building would start to be drawn toward Nathaniel. It was like his hands were sucking up the fire, absorbing it into the runes. They would begin to glow brighter and brighter with each second that passed. It was faint, but as he continued to steal away the flames, the flesh on his hands would begin to burn. He would grit his teeth and push on, his wings ruffling a bit. A growl of frustration rumbled out of him, concentration being the key here.

It would take him a solid two minutes and fifteen seconds to extinguish all the flames, but it would leave his palms burnt and in definite pain. Blisters covered the skin, and a bit of bone was exposed on a few of his fingers.

"Resolve..." he would mutter, the hot glowing runes dissipating with a puff of steam. The fire was gone, but the building was barely holding on. Hopefully the other two got out bodies while the fire was being extracted, or this would have been futile.

You see, heat causes things to expand, and when they do, they become unstable. The main foundation of the building was definitely having a hard time keeping up all the weight of the floors, the furniture, the people left inside.

Watching, pain stinging in his arms, he realized the building was teetering. His wings snapped open and he moved in a blur of black and white. His arms would wrap around the side of the inner, structural wall. As he held on, the building would slowly erect itself back to a proper position. He let out a roar of determination, his coat billowing behind of him as he pushed with all of his might to keep the building from coming down on top of the people inside, or the other heroes saving the day.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 10th 2017, 8:20 pm

What Vincent was doing wasn't exactly hard work for him. All he did was fly into the building, grab some people, fly back down to the ground, hand them off, and repeat the process however many times it took. "Man this is super fucking boring..." he thought to himself as he opened a closet door and picked up another two people. I mean sure evacuating the burning building was fun for like five minutes, but after that Vincent began to realize how much more fun it was to just fly around the city and kick the shit out of bad guys. Even if it did get repetitive after a while.

As he cleared more and more people out of the building it took longer to find the few people that were left. He stepped into a hallway and shouted "Hey! If you're still alive and can hear me make a noise!" He walked over to another door and kicked it down. After he kicked it down he walked inside and looked around to see if anyone was there. "If you can hear me just say something! It doesn't actually have to be coherent just make a noise so that I'm able to hear you!"

Eventually as he made his way down the hallway he noticed that the flames seemed to be dying down. "Hey!" he shouted out to no one in particular. "So the fire is out I think? We should still try to get out as soon as possible!" Vincent busted down another door and brought the people living there down to the fire fighters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OveristOfLords July 11th 2017, 2:51 pm

As the flames began to die down Oscar ran further into the building, sadly the harmful smoke still dying away, and began to look for civilans. He found a girl that looked only a few years younger than him and lead her out of the building, doing the same thing he had done with the twins and the others, landing on the same car.

He ran back into the building and picked up a few other civilians before coughing himself out of the building, covered in sut and ash.

"I guess that you could sat that was a lung-full." He joked as he coughed up, his regentitive cells kicking into work, hurting him slightly. He felt his own brain cursing himself for making such a stupid joke.

Idiot! Not a joke you should be making right now.

He looked up and waited for a little more to happen.
OveristOfLords
OveristOfLords

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 13th 2017, 2:16 am

Nathaniel was heaving with all his might, keeping the structure in tact. It was futile, though. The building was going to come down whether he held it or not. Smoke would curl up to the ceiling, soft embers still burning and eating away at the wood making up the many layers of the apartment complex. His hands were in so much pain that they went numb, his bright cerulean eyes burning with determination.

"I... will.. prevail!" he grunted, egging himself on.

But all good things had to come to an end.

The curling smoke would start to billow out in massive waves, concentrating into one fixated point above the crowd of fire fighters, police officers, and civilians. The smoke would then start to form the shape of a woman, a large trained gown flowing around of dark, smokey colored legs.

Wicked eyes like burning coals and long, needle like fingers would point at the people.

"HOW DARE YOU! How! DARE! You!" her voice was menacing, and dripping with malice and disgust.

"WHO put out my FLAMES?" she would roar out, her words escaping with puffs of smoke coming from the edge of her mouth in plumes.

"I will END you." sneering, she would move her hands down, smoke pumping from the surfaces and coating the people below in a thick blanket, suffocating them.

Nathaniel heard what was happening, but he knew that if he let go, this building would smash down on those people.

Someone else would need to do something about this.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top