The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Chimera Attack (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Chimera Attack (Closed)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chimera Attack (Closed) Empty Chimera Attack (Closed)

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 14th 2017, 3:27 pm

Adam stared at the Titanium armor.

He noticed how the harsh light in his lab glinted off the muted grey wings; he also couldn't help but see the last unspeakable act he committed while he wore the armor.

"Ari...I don't think I can do this," he said to his sister behind him.

"Adam..."

The sternness in her voice was more than apparent. He turned to face her. "I told you what happened last time...what I did to-- I'm not fit to use that armor."

Ariana sprang up from her chair. "It's not about that man! People are out there dying because of these chimera and if you can help them, you have a duty to do so."

Adam raised his eyebrow. "A duty?"

"Yes! To me. Because if you don't go out there in that armor, then I will... And you know that I know how to operate it."  She crossed her arms in front of him, waiting for him to cave in. He had no defense against that argument and she knew it.

Adam bit his lip, but was otherwise expressionless. "You know, you should act more like a 14-year-old. sometimes."

"I'm a prodigy, I get an excuse."

"But what if I--?"

She grasped his hands in both of hers and found his eyes. "You won't! That's why I'm going to be here and before you say anything, yes I'm staying here Military Mechanics is safe enough and I'll watch the news to give you updates."

Adam closed his eyes, head spinning again; that must mean he's about to do something dumb.  Without a word, he stood up straight and looked at the TV. One moment later and it sprang on from his mental command, already on the CBS 9 news channel. The anchors were attempting to keep their composure, but fear still gripped every feature of their faces and every syllable of their words. "--advised to evacuate. The attack is worst in the National Mall, Union Station, and the Navy Yard. But these creatures are everywhere. Please everyone evacuate the city."

Ariana stared in awe at the display of his technopathy. "Remember you promised me you'll do a brain scan of yourself and show me the results. I'm so curious."

Without a word, Adam turned back towards his armor.  He might have to change the colors; the multiple layers of graphene of the main body turned it black which, combined with his grey wings, made him look kind of like a bad guy.  

The armor sprang open at Adam's command and he backed into its confines. The armor slowly slid closed around his lean figure, but he left his faceplate open, hoping that his face didn't convey the unimaginable nerves worming through his stomach. "You can communicate with me through with that panel...I'mm sure you'll figure the rest out."

With that, Adam shut his faceplate, allowing orange glow of the HUD to bathe him in nostalgia. He spread his armor's 12-foot wings, activated his thrusters and shot through the hole he made in the roof during his many test runs of the armor. This better work.

OOC:
FYI:

Last edited by ShroudedKonqueror on June 21st 2017, 9:52 am; edited 4 times in total
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

Chimera Attack (Closed) Empty Re: Chimera Attack (Closed)

Post by Night Walker June 14th 2017, 5:05 pm

Seth was in the middle of driving his massive stolen van down the road in the middle of the night. He yawned, it having been a couple nights since he last slept.

He decided to pull over and take a brief nap on the mattress he had put in the back. He was afraid it had bed bugs, but he hadn't started itching yet so he just shifted himself until he fell asleep.

Awakening to an emergency alarm, he turned up the radio.

“Citizens of Washington, D.C. are advised to evacuate the area. Chimeras are attacking the city. The president has been evacuated to a safer place. We advise all travelers to avoid the location.”

Quickly Seth pulled out his book. ”Chimera - During my hunts I've encountered three chimera. Each one was completely different from the last. Each one had a different weakness. Do not engage lightly. Each chimera will likely have a completely different biological composition and are almost certainly deadly. Come prepared.”

Seth had come prepared. He had used guides in the book and some internet sources to make himself trick arrows. He hoped that it was enough. He got back into the driver's seat and slammed on the gas. The streets had noticeably emptied. The only cars he saw were driving away from the nation's capital, and once he hit the city limits; he saw why. Chimera were everywhere. This had to be a massive supernatural occurrence. He abandoned the van and took his keys to ensure no one stole it.

He loaded his repeating crossbow with incendiary arrows and put on a bandana, not sure if these things would have a miasma attack. He was safe from fire, of that he was certain. He shot his first arrow; lighting the ground in front of the chimera. He needed a cool name. All the good heroes had a good name. He thought about it and remembered the name of the writer of his book. He could be a successor to that guy. ”Don't worry citizens that aren't dead. The Night Walker has arrived.”

He saw a chimera with a little girls face, giant raven wings, a tigers body and a dragon tail. He freaked out at the sight, but quickly shot an incendiary arrow at it. The arrow exploded into fire; and the girl cried out in a distorted voice.
Night Walker
Night Walker

Quote : "I just found out that there are monsters in the world, my mother has been kidnapped by vampires, and I'm the only one who seems to even give a hoot, and now your telling me; you don't even sell name

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2017-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom June 14th 2017, 9:00 pm

Nathan, or Thanatos as the news and bloggers had taken to calling him, was in D.C. to follow up on a case. Weapon smugglers from New York trying to bring their goods into the Nation’s Capital. Was probably the mob or mafia, or the Crime Syndicate. The usual suspects. However, having been in D.C. for a week now he had mostly come up empty handed. It was as if the vehicles he had been following and the two dumb asses driving them had simply up and vanished. Which although entirely possible in this day and age was not something he actually believed. They probably realized they had a tail and hid out or took a turn when he was distracted by something or sleeping. He hadn’t entirely given up the search though and it was why he was currently in Washington.

It was also why he was currently sitting on top of a rooftop to some museum or giftshop listening to a radio that he may have borrowed from some store. He wasn’t entirely sure what he was expecting to hear on it as he didn’t even know the radio stations in D.C. let alone which ones were news stations. Even if he somehow had been able to figure out which station he needed he wouldn’t know what to listen for. They were two black unmarked vans with no plates but that’s all the info he had to go off of, it wasn’t like they were going to do something stupid and end up in some big car chase. Especially if this was connected to the Syndicate. Because of that he was only half listening and just sort of watching the people move about beneath him when something caught his attention. Not something he was waiting for but something odd nonetheless.

Playing across every station was the same thing. Over and over again. After the first station he hadn’t given it much thought and skipped to the next one. But after it and the one after continued to play it he stopped to listen. “Citizens of Washington, D.C. are advised to evacuate the area. Chimeras are attacking the city. The president has been evacuated to a safer place. The attack is worst in the National Mall, Union Station, and the Navy Yard. But these creatures are everywhere. Please everyone evacuate the city." That definitely caught his attention. Chimeras are attacking the city, everyone evacuate. Looking back down he noticed that indeed that is what everyone had been doing now that the was paying attention. They were grabbing everything they could and evacuating.

Something he could not do. He was Thanatos, the Archangel of Death. Or so the news and criminals would have you believe. He didn’t run away from danger, he flew towards it head first. Standing up, cracking his neck and taking off the big ass trench coat he had been wearing he unfurled his black wings and took to the sky. Following the direction everyone seemingly was moving away from he quickly spotted other flying individuals, each a different mix match of human and animals. With a blink of his eyes jets of black hellfire flew out of his outstretched hands and burned them alive as he kept going. Hearing a disgruntled scream the winged man landed behind the chimera with a little girls face, giant raven wings, a tigers body and a dragon tail and set the thing ablaze before noticing the kid in the bandana. “You lost kid? Right now isn’t exactly the best time to want to play hero.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Phantom
The Syndicate's Six
The Phantom
The Phantom
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal June 15th 2017, 11:17 am

Washington, DC was Medicine Woman's least favorite place to spend time in.  To her, Washington's football team, the "Redskins" was offensive to Native Americans.  In fact, that's why she was here in the first place.  She was hoping to convince the owner of the team to change their name.

Medicine Woman was walking through the heart of the city.  An abomination attracted her attention. It was some vaguely humanoid form that was colored black all over (Archangel). It was near a child wearing a bandana. Not knowing if the creature was good or evil, or if it even had a name and gender, Medicine Woman grabbed her willow bow (it's made from a branch of the willow tree) and an arrow. She drew a few peace lily (AKA Easter lily) petals from her medicine pouch.  She gently tipped her arrow with the pure white flower petals, leaving each petal whole.

Medicine Woman aimed and tried to shoot the arrow at one of the inky black wings. If it hits the black winged horror, she hoped the special significance of the flower might at least repel the beast.

As the arrow flew she shouted at the nightmarish creature: "Leave that child alone, you unholy beast!"  Hopefully, she'd distract the dark creature and the child might be able to escape.

((OOC: Medicine Woman will definitely fight a chimera, but right now she has compassion for the child.))

Last edited by Ultragal on June 15th 2017, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some words.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Number of posts : 263
Job : Office work/clerical/occasional multitasking
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Orsy June 15th 2017, 12:58 pm

East Village, New York City...

The old, oftentimes stuck front door of a messy single bedroom apartment swung open with a good kick, a tired looking Hikari slowly trudged in holding a bag of groceries in one arm and a motorcycle helmet in the other.  “Uuugh.. Damn door…” She groaned after slamming the door closed with her foot.  The Japanese-American girl walked over to her kitchen counter and placed her paper bag of food down as a black cat hops up and meows at her, “Yeah, I’m home Jinxy girl…  Another long day..” Hikari smiled at the feline and scratched her ears, the cat purred.  
“I’m so ready to just pass the fuck out..” Hikari groaned once more before flopping down on her sofa and clicking on the TV.  Now why the hell did I do that? She thought to herself, I know perfectly well that every time I watch the news, It’ll cause another late night for me..  And boy did Hikari hate being right…

“Breaking News:”  The news lady said in a serious tone while shuffling her cliche stack of papers, “Citizens of Washington D.C. are struck with panic as it appears…. Am I reading this right?  Monsters have attacked the city!  Citizens were advised to evacuate, but casualties have already occurred.  ..This can’t be real.. Is that tiger with wings and a child’s face..?  U-uhm.. Superpowered volunteers have already shown up to push back the numbers, but they are still outnumbered…”  

The TV shut off then, Hikari standing up already and let out a deep sigh.  “It’s going to be a late night again…”  The woman rushed into her bedroom closet after stripping down to her birthday suit, pulled out a locked trunk and opened it before wiggling her way into the tight black and purple bodysuit within.  While she was struggling to get her body in that suit, she was texting her landlord one-handed to ask her if she could feed the cat while she was away, while also searching her GPS apps for how far away D.C. is.

“Two-hundred and twenty-six miles..” Hikari spoke to herself before stuffing her phone into a pouch on her suit’s belt, “Gotta make it there in less than an hour.. I never ran that fast before…  Shit..”  She swallows the lump of fear in her throat before climbing out her window and climbed down to the alley below.  She’d pull her mask up over her face, goggles included, and in a flash of bright purple light Neon was zipping through the streets of New York.

Once the Speedster made it out of the city limits she began to speed up drastically, occasionally looking down at a watch on her wrist that displayed how fast she was going.  ...713… 725… 764… here we go…  Neon braced herself as it felt like her body smacked full force into a wall, creating a very loud boom.  ...775… I’m super sonic.. Fucking awesome!  Neon smiled with glee as she continued to speed up, wanting to get to DC as fast as possible.

Washington D.C., West Virginia

As the commotion was happening within the DC streets with the heroes fighting the Chimera, or each other in one case, a massive humanoid creature busts out of a shop window and into the street.  The creature had the lower half of a horse and the upper body of an anthropomorphic rhinoceros.  It looked at the heroes and snorted before letting out a loud roar that sounded like a bull getting ready to charge, which it was about to do.  Its four horse legs galloped against the ground at great speeds and the creature leaned forward, pointing its sharp horn at its prey.

Then suddenly there was a flash of bright purple light, followed by a streak of the same nature, and the Centaurion Rhino let out a loud cry in pain as Neon sucker-punched the creature in the side of the head at supersonic speeds.  The punch causing the chimera to fly off into the side of a building.  Neon stood in the middle of the street, her back arched, and her hands on her knees as she tried to regain her breath, “Hah… hah… That was a work out… shit…  Fucked that thing up, though…”

Last edited by Orsy on June 15th 2017, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was going to the wrong city, lol)
Orsy
Orsy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : Don't let the kitty fool you, this Orsy is a happy boi.

Number of posts : 143
Job : None'ya
Humor : HAHAHAHAHA
Registration date : 2015-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 15th 2017, 2:23 pm

Adam soared out of his lab and angled himself towards the city. As he picked up speed, he glanced left at the powerful, metal wings whose thrusters were the reason he was going this fast. His spedometer was rising quickly: 722, 729, 738, 747. Buildings were whipping by below him as blurs of color and the only thing he felt from all this potentially lethal acceleration was the slight vibrating caused by his thrusters. This really was incredible.

Ok, let's keep it subsonic though so I can steer this thing.

Because you can't fuckin steer. You shouldn't be doing this.

Adam just shook his head, staying on task in order to ignore the voice. He was crossing into D.C now, he needed to focus. "Ari, do you read me?"

"Read you loud and clear...Titanium." Her voice was way too eager considering the situation they were all in.

He decided to ignore the obvious jab at his name. "Alright, where am I going?"

"Well you heard the news: the National Mall, Union Station, and Navy Yard have it worst. But if you haven't noticed, your suit is detecting multiple flying signals, much larger than any pigeon. Maybe start there"

"Maybe."

"And just an FYI, your suit picked up some really odd energy signature. The computer hasn't sent information back to your suit yet because it's still trying to make sense of it...some kind of thermal energy."

"Oookay--? Put the location on my HUD anyway, I'll figure it out."

"Just keep your eyes open out there. You don't know what's out there exactly."

Adam lowered his speed and angled himself down within the relatively low skyline of D.C which was now a horror show. Creatures of unnatural shapes and sizes sprinted through the streets, scaled the buildings, and dove through the skies.

This is horrible...  howdid this happen?

Maybe because you couldn't stop that terrorist cell. You got so scared from getting your hands dirty that one little time that you let everyone else run amok and then shit like this happens.

Adam came to a full stop in the air at that comment, blinking hard and breathing heavy. He looked into the glass of the building next to him and then surveyed the chaos...was this his fault? But before he could go down that rabbit hole, he noticed a welcome distraction. On the street below him, there were four individuals near one another, standing around as if they weren't supposed to be evacuating.

What the hell?

Still hovering, he lowered his altitude more until he recognized why they were just standing there. Out of the 4, the youngest-looking of them was brandishing a crossbow, large black wings extended out of another male's back, a woman had a bow drawn at the guy with wings, and the fourth person was enveloped with purple and decked out in a vibrant suit. These guys were metahumans...superheroes.

You have to kill them. They'll only get in the way of your revenge.

Instead of killing them, Adam activated his communications device.

"Ari...we got heroes operating in the city."

"Awesome!" Still too excited. "I knew they'd come...they had to with something as big as this. Go introduce yourself...you're pretty much one yourself with that suit."

"Hell no! I don't know who they are or what they want. For all I know, they could be villains...maybe they are. I got more to fight, don't --"

Something slammed into Adam's back and, suddenly, he was a lot closer to adjacent building.  Thank God for the gyroscopic wings and newly padded helmet. Otherwise he'd have crashed into the building in front of him, too concussed to defend himself, and he did need to defend himself. Something was weighing him down a LOT and he felt several heavy blows glance along the back of his armor. His heart raced, pupils dilated, and he began to shake. This was it!

He looked over his shoulder to see what had clambered onto his back, but couldn't identify anything besides snarling brown fur. The graphene of his armor kept him relatively protected from the blows but he needed to get it off before it actually damaged something more sensitive.

To his left, a flash of color scrambling on the building caught his eye. Adam turned to see it already in the air, claws and jaws outstretched  towards him. It was similar in shape and color to an extremely large lion, but its head was flattened like a gecko.

Shit!

Sweat snaked down his temple, probably from the crippling nerves considering the armor had a cooling system. But he had fought with this armor before, and it wouldn't let him down. Adam outstretched his left hand and gripped the airborne chimera by the throat; it was heavy, but he knew the armor could hold it. It was still a blur, even in his hands, as it tried to escape Adam's grasp. But the enhanced strength the armor granted him allowed him to hang on to the wily abomination. He aimed his right fist at the chimera and with a thunderous crack, a pure white "pulse bolt" lanced from the armor's wrist and slammed into it, propelling it through the glass of the building and out of sight.

He then flew backwards into the building, crashing against it and squashing the chimera on his back. He felt its grip loosen and took advantage. Adam surged forward and spun quickly, shaking the chimera loose. As it plummeted towards the ground, he aimed his left arm at it and, with a second deafening crack, fired a pulse bolt straight into the chimera, ensuring that it would meet its demise upon  hitting the ground with a grand report.

Last edited by ShroudedKonqueror on June 16th 2017, 12:32 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I'm a perfectionist xD)
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Walker June 15th 2017, 11:48 pm

Just as Seth had shot the Chimera and that ghastly scream had erupted from it's jaws, he was completely caught unawares by what looked like a fallen angel taking care of the Chimera for him. He was amazed by it. He didn’t know why, but the wings alone were something to marvel at for him. Then, the angel spoke. ”Kid? I don’t know who you think you are, Mr. Grim.” He said with his voice cracking just slightly. ”But I’m the Night Walker, I hunt the things that go bump in the night. I’m a monster hunter!” He said trying to make himself seem like he’d been doing this longer than two weeks.

He reset his crossbow, and watched for more Chimera. Ready to pull out a different arrow at any given moment. Sadly, instead of another Chimera. It was a native american woman with a bow of her own. Suddenly, an arrow that wasn’t his own was shot. He jumped at it and once again; he was called child. ”Come on, guys. I’m here to help. There’s no reason to get all protective.”

Another roar had Seth release one of his arrows at the Rhino-taur. But before it could even strike; a purple flash took his kill. He sighed audibly and waited for the flash to be done with his kill as the building behind where the Rhino-taur was caught fire that was rapidly put out by the buildings smoke detector. ”...So… Lots of help it seems…” Said Seth kind of exasperated.

A loud crack brought Seth out of his state. He raised his crossbow and flipped on the flashlight attachment. A second crack, brought him closer to the building. Finally; something hit the ground in the building with a massive boom. He turned his flashlight on it; and saw that it was a chimera. He raised his flashlight up to the sky and then looked at the Fallen Angel. ”I think a friend of yours just arrived.” He said dumbly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Night Walker
Ghoul
Blake Greyrose
Martyr
Night Walker
Night Walker

Quote : "I just found out that there are monsters in the world, my mother has been kidnapped by vampires, and I'm the only one who seems to even give a hoot, and now your telling me; you don't even sell name

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom June 16th 2017, 7:49 pm

“Thanatos.” Was the only reply he was able to make to the bandana, crossbow wielding child before an arrow was shot out at him by a Native American woman who yelled something about him being an unholy beast. He wasn’t entirely sure what it was she had said as he was a bit more focused on the arrow coming towards his wings. He was able to reach out and grab it last second, stopping it from impacting. He wasn’t sure it would truly do any damage but that was not a risk he was willing to take. Too many ‘heroes’ had fancy weapons that did more damage than your normal everyday weapons did. “Calm down, I’m not hurting the kid.” He called out just as rhino-like chimera ran out of a building onto the street only to be smacked down by a purple light appearing on the scene.

Archangel raised an eyebrow at the purple streak, who presented themselves as a female in a black body suit with a neon purple line down the side of the costume. He was about to comment on the appearance of this individual when a loud crack interrupted that thought. Looking up at the noise he watched as a winged individual was seemingly shooting things out of their hands and grappling a brown mass of fur that he assumed was another chimera. It was taken care of quickly after being thrown through a building and with another crack and flash of light that came out of the mechanized winged individual’s hand blasted the beast down and into the ground where it died upon impact if not from whatever was shot point blank into its chest.

“Don’t know him but he’s got some cool looking armor and I hate to say it but with all that’s going on I think we could use all the help.” He replied to the kid, sure the use all the help part was more directed at the seemingly underage individual that was standing not too far away from him and not the chimera killing armored winged man but that didn’t need to be said. A quick sweep of their location in all directions, even without super sight, it was easy to tell that one person alone would be overrun by chimera’s in no time. Hell, even with the five of them it would still be quite a challenge. Good thing he loved challenges though.

Speaking of apparently the takedown of the last chimera and two loud thunder like noises caught the attention of three of it’s brethren’s. A winged monkey with a snake for a tail came howling down out of the air towards the group of mixmatched individuals, along with a tiger sized dog with three heads. One was a dog, one was a tiger, and the other was that of an eagle. The final Chimera that had decided to check out the noise, or at least of the first wave, had the bottom half of a snake and the top half of a gorilla with wings. It came slithering towards the group from the right side while the Cerberus like chimera came charging from the left. “Well, looks like they know we’re here.” He muttered as his black hellfire formed in his hand and he chucked it at the winged snake gorilla like a ball. A ball of fire, or fireball if you will.

The Phantom
The Syndicate's Six
The Phantom
The Phantom
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal June 26th 2017, 3:23 pm

When the three chimeras showed up, Medicine Woman focused her attention on the winged monkey with the snake tail.  She loaded another arrow. A regular one this time, with nothing on the tip except its deadly point. She aimed it right where the snake tail connected to the winged monkey's tailbone.  

She wondered if she could separate the snake from the monkey.  If she could do that, the monkey and the snake would run away from each other.  Monkeys and snakes...and vice versa...were natural enemies. Especially if the snake tail was from a tree snake.  They preyed on each other. Maybe they might just instinctively escape from one another.  The local Animal Control officers might be able to grab them before both animals reach a populated area.

With the precision and accuracy inherent in her people, Medicine Woman released the arrow, hoping to hit her intended target...

Last edited by Ultragal on June 26th 2017, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made one long paragraph into two shorter ones.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Back to top Go down

Post by Orsy June 28th 2017, 12:41 pm

Neon looked around herself and spotted the four other heroes, or who she’d assume were heroes, standing around in the street fighting against these really ugly creatures. She took a moment to inspect her impromptu comrades, noticing that they were a real strange looking rag-tag bunch. There was this one guy in a mechanical suit that had a wingspan that was clearly compensating for something, a high schooler looking kid wearing something straight out of Van Helsing, a Gothic Angel looking guy, and an Indian woman who dresses like she still lives in a tepee. The Speedster shrugged her shoulders slightly, they weren’t exactly Guardians, but they seem to get the job done.

Suddenly, three additional abominations showed up to the party. Two of which were different types of monkey, snake, bird hybrids; and the remaining was a terrifying looking three headed tiger, the two extra heads being a dog and an eagle. “Alright! Whoever made these things is a real sick fuck!” She let out a groan as the beasts began to charge.

The Angel guy tossed a ball of fire at the Gorilla-thing, while the Native American woman shot another arrow at the flying monkey that looked straight out of the Wizard of Oz. “Nice shot, Pocahontas!” Neon yelled out in a semi-offensive praise. The Speedster quickly got her head back into the game, noting that two out of the three beasts were being dealt with. “...That just leaves the tiger… damnit all…” She cursed at herself as the Tiger-thing began to rush at her with a noise that was a combination of a roar, a howl, and a shriek.

Neon zipped away in a flash of bright purple light just before the creature could get a swipe at her, the light disorienting the beast. “Jesus Christ! I’m a martial artist not a fucking zookeeper!” She lets out a nervous huff, not at all liking the idea of fighting a freaking tiger. Out of sheer gut reaction, Neon would thrust her hand out and aim a finger at the Chimera before firing out a bright purple beam of energy at her target. The beam would hit the beast, but with only enough potency to stun it. That just made the creature angry and charge once more at Hikari. “...Shit..”
Orsy
Orsy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : Don't let the kitty fool you, this Orsy is a happy boi.

Number of posts : 143
Job : None'ya
Humor : HAHAHAHAHA
Registration date : 2015-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 28th 2017, 6:43 pm

Adam examined the street below him, unsure of what to do. If there were superheroes here, he didn't need to do anything. He could go get his sister out of here. These were freakin superheroes. The kind of people that battled world ending threats and always came on top.  A scrawny Filipino guy with schizophrenia did not belong in their world.

You're strong. Lend your strength to these other warriors of good and stand up for your city.

Dammit.

"Hey!" his com crackled to life. Ariana's voice was a welcome break from his reverie. "Are you alright? I saw all of that through the suit's cameras. The one on your back must have jiggled your com array somehow. I had been telling you to make it smaller!"

"Yeah yeah you're right I'm wrong, now listen. I think this is the same organization that kidnapped you."

There was a pause. "But...you ki--took care of their leader."

Adam did his best to shove the thought of killing Minh back into the recesses of his mind. "That doesn't mean anything. I didn't destroy their base or their research, they could've picked back up again."

"Yeah, but...chimeras? That's a little too supernatural for them."

"Yeah you would think that, but I detected a chip inside of the chimeras that was supposed to stun them, but I couldn't access that function because it's heavily encrypted. Now tell me that doesn't sound like them! They already know I have technopathy, so why else would the chips be encrypted?"

"Hmm...well I suppose it's possible. But the city still needs to be protected, you need to work together with the superheroes and yes you can do it. You're going to do whatever it takes to put a stop to this and don't argue with me. I believe in you man."

As much as he hated it, she was right...she almost always was. He looked back down at the heroes to see them squaring off against 3 different chimera.  

The gorilla snake hybrid slithered towards the winged man, pounding the ground in anger as it did so. It was met with a burst of hellfire that brought forth a howl of pain and sent it sprawling backwards. The monkey snake hybrid bounded towards the Native American woman who had responded with a pinpoint arrow into the joint where the snake and monkey met. A simultaneous hiss and bark was the only response as the chimera stopped in its tracks but was not felled. The cerberus eagle, tiger, dog chimera had engaged with the speedster and had been knocked back by a blast of energy from the blur.

Adam swooped closer to the action, placing his hands together. The two pulse bolt mechanisms on his wrist slid closer together and then encircled his hands. He had never fired the plasma cannon before. In theory it was strong enough to punch through buildings. But theory and practice were different. He pulled out of his controlled dive about 20 feet above the action and aimed his plasma cannon.

I should probably warn them.

"Umm...look out below!"

A 3 foot wide purple-white beam of energy erupted from the cannon, and slammed into snake money hybrid, incinerating most of it almost instantly and sending chunks of concrete flying. He shifted the beam around to engulf both the gorilla/snake and the cerberus; hopefully the speedster moved.

With the threats neutralized and a long, winding scar left in the street, Adam landed in front of the people and spoke very quickly, nerves nearly overtaking him. "Ok I think I know who made the chimera and I might be able to track them but I need to look around and I need any supernatural experts to help me put an end to it once I find the source." He took a deep breath and continued. "But some people also need to protect the city."

But before they could even discuss the plan, a loud crash from behind him drew his attention. He turned to see a 15 foot tall, almost human looking chimera covered in armadillo-like armor forcing its way through a building. Seconds later, it was flanked by dozens of smaller chimera, each different from the next.

Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the street, a writhing tidal wave of weak chimera rounded the corner, seemingly attracted to the call of their deceased brethren. The group was surrounded now.

"Oh shit," Adam whispered.

With a commanding roar from the giant chimera, the mass of monsters charged the heroes.
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom July 18th 2017, 7:30 pm

Nathan was able to momentarily stop the winged gorilla hybrid with a burst of hellfire but other than being on fire it didn’t really seem all that harmed. Sure, it was definitely going to be feeling the heat and probably had some bad burns but other than that it seemed fine. So fine in fact that it slammed its fists into the ground and gave guttural roar of annoyance. Usually this would be the part where the beast charged forward and tore through anything that was dumb enough to not get out of its way. Ergo Archangel. However, fate had other ideas and it was not to be. An unconfident voice called out from above giving Thanatos just enough time to look up and with a beat of his wings takeoff up into the air while the metal winged man once more shot out a beam.

A beam that not only engulfed the snake-monkey hybrid but also the gorilla one and the Cerberus looking one. All in one fell swoop. The tech this guy had was insane and like nothing that Archangel had ever seen before. Admittedly he didn’t have a background in super science or things of that sort so his judgement wasn’t the best; but from what he was seeing he believed this guy was smart. His technology was impressive and devastating. Hell he wasn’t even entirely sure why the rest of the gathered individuals were needed. It seemed like this guy could take on the entire wave of Chimera by himself. Unless the suit had like a battery life or something and thus actually couldn’t do that. Or like it was soon revealed he believed he knew who was behind this and wanted to go after them instead of taking out the chimeras.

“Take out the head and the body falls with it kind of logic?” He asked aloud to no one in particular. Simply stating what he thought the plan sounded like. His knee jerk reaction was to agree and want to immediately take off to deal with the threat. If this guy knew who was responsible they needed to pay for the destruction they wrought on the city and the people within. However, he could also understand the need for people to stay out here and take on the monsters out here. To protect what was left of the city and make sure no more damage, or as little as possible, was caused. That train of thought would all go out the window when a loud crash followed by a cacophony of roars and screeches drew his attention.

“This day just gets better and better.” The angel of death muttered under his breath before closing his eyes and without a second thought took off. Heading towards the fifteen-foot-tall armadillo like armored human chimera. One fist forwards the other cocked backwards and ready to strike he unleashed it at the things face ala superman fighting Zod style intending to let his fist crack against the beings face using his own strength and the momentum of his forward moving speed to send the thing toppling backwards and hopefully off balance.

The Phantom
The Syndicate's Six
The Phantom
The Phantom
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal July 19th 2017, 12:13 pm

As if the gigantic chimeras weren't enough, a cadre of smaller ones entered the fray. Medicine Woman knew she'd run out of arrows soon. She had to think of another way to deal with this new batch of creatures.

A rat-mole-skunk type of chimera was closest to her. That gave her an idea. Most (not all) animals have a better sense of smell than humans. The skunk's infamous stink might be enough to cause all...or at least *some* of the rest of the chimeras to become too ill and weak to fight. Possibly even the huge ones. It was a crazy strategy, but it was worth trying.

Medicine Woman threw her "returning" tomahawk at the skunk. It flew in an arc which *might* strike its right side. On the "return trip" (for lack of a better term) it would hopefully hit the thing's left side.

If Medicine Woman's tactic worked, the skunk might be angry enough to use its foul-smelling spray to respond to the attack. She hoped the wind was blowing in the direction that *might* waft the stench towards both the band of smaller, weak-looking chimeras and the bigger ones, too...at the same time.
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroudedKonqueror September 22nd 2017, 12:03 am

This was crazy. No, this was insane and almost beyond his wildest dreams. He was really into some shit now. A writhing mass of chimera were clambering over one another in an attempt to rip into him. Meanwhile he stood shoulder to shoulder with a group of other heroes in defense of Washington D.C. He didn't have time to think or revel, he had to act.

One of the heroes, this one sporting jet black wings, launched himself at the massive armadillo-like chimera, arm outstretched. His fist slammed into the creature's cheek, causing it to stumble backwards slightly, crushing a few smaller chimera in the process. However, the attack wasn't enough to fell the beast; it recovered almost immediately and cocked its car-sized arm back.

Time to act. Adam's thrusters roared to life and, wings fully extended, he shot towards the scuffle as the armadillo chimera's fist lanced toward Nathan. Adam swooped underneath its arm and then shot upward, redirecting the strike so that its fist missed Nathan. With one hand on the chimera's arm, Adam extended his other arm and unleashed a pulse bolt into its face. It roared in annoyance and backed off once again; it was angry, but still alive and ready to kill the two of them.

Meanwhile, Medicine Woman's tactic worked to a degree. The strike from her tomahawk caused the skunk chimera to yelp and involuntarily unleash a cloying spray that caused several of the chimera near it to halt and claw at their eyes and noses as their senses were overloaded by the stench. However, there were still more than a dozen chimera charging them from both sides.
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Walker September 24th 2017, 6:21 pm

Night Walker didn't know what to do, all this chaos spouting off around him. It was about time that he did something about it. He threw himself into a nearby bulldozer, happy to find the keys and door unlocked. He threw the thing into reverse.

Then, when he was in position; he forced it into drive. The mechanical beast roared as it moved much quicker than he'd ever seen a bulldozer move. It was going about 48 MPH by the time it started hitting chimera. The blood splashing the windshield forced him to turn the wipers on; but through his blurry vision he had enough time to register he was heading straight for a tank of explosive gas. He cursed under his breath and jumped out with seconds remaining and ran for it. The rider hit the tank with a metallic screech before the air lit ablaze, setting some literal flying monkeys on fire.

Night Walker was sent tumbling forward; his royal blue bandana singed at the edges when he looked down. It was a massive strike of luck that someone had left during a busy construction job.

He was almost too busy thinking about his luck, that he didn't notice the raven winged alligator headed gorilla with spider web glands webbing him and trying to carry him away. This didn't seem like it would be a fun thing. Judging by the burnt gorilla hair smell; he guessed it wasn't happy with Seth’s ingenuity.

Night Walker
Ghoul
Blake Greyrose
Martyr
Night Walker
Night Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top