The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Mateo Barros I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Mateo Barros I_vote_lcapMateo Barros I_voting_barMateo Barros I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Mateo Barros

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mateo Barros Empty Mateo Barros

Post by Maester1216 June 6th 2017, 2:47 am

WIP

The Machinist

"What is a human being, then? An acorn that is unafraid to destroy itself in growing into a tree."

The Bio

Renegade Name: The Machinist
Title: The New Millennial
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Hispanic (Mexican-American)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Pale Blue
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180 lbs
Blood type: AB

The Looks

The Personality

An individualist first and last, Mateo follows his whims and ideals. For most people he comes off as a charming and capricious rogue as he flits in and out of peoples lives. Sarcasm and witticism with an insult or two are his preferred verbal weapons of choice, and he exudes a perpetual air of self-confidence that comes off as arrogance to some people. He also has no qualms taking risks most people wouldn't dream of in a given situation; never tell him the odds, because he simply can't resist taking a big risk for a potentially bigger payoff not unlike a gambler. His machine-like mind has him disassembling and reassembling machinery to understand how it works, and he tends to act that way around people and ideas as well. He loves finding out what makes people and things tick. He tends to judge people by their actions rather than their words, but at the end of the day he'd sincerely rather make a new friend instead of an enemy.

To those closest to Mateo or who he warms up to he's as passionate and loyal as they come. He always tries to instill confidence in others like he has and maintains a very "live and let live" mindset with people. Where his real passion lies however is both the ever-accelerating growth of technology and people as well standing in defiance of the tyrannical forces that would stymie them. He's thoroughly anti-authority and will throw in with whichever party stands in defiance of the powers that be, provided they don't cross any lines he himself wouldn't. He pursues freedom for all out of a belief that people should be able to lead their own lives, but only feels a strong predilection for protecting those he truly cares about; everyone else can rot for all he cares. He doesn't justify or obfuscate this point however, and has no pretences of what he is or does. In that freedom he's determined to make something of himself and prove he's the greatest technopath on the planet.

The Story

Growing up in Anaheim, California to a working poor family didn't give Mateo Barros near as many opportunities as other kids.

The Priority

1. Agility 1
2. Endurance 4
3. Reaction 2
4. Strength 3

The Powers

Cyberkinesis: Mateo is able to manipulate electronic machines and computers. He can alter data in computers and similar equipment, control any machine with electronic parts, insert false information into sensors, security systems or communication devices, overload electronic machines, and reprogram computers or similar electronic devices. Most interestingly he can actually send his consciousness through a computer network, allowing him to affect a distant computer in what he calls "Psychic Hacking." He can affect machines up to a range of 200 meters and can psychically hack a network up to an even greater range.

The Weaknesses

Normalcy: Baring his powers and training Mateo is still very much a human, and can die just as easily as one. In a straight-up fight with a combative meta-human he has very low chances of victory.

Limitations: Mateo's Cyberkinesis can only affect machines with electronic components, meaning certain technologies as well as low-tech or no-tech equipment is beyond his control. Furthermore the nature of his psychic hacking requires both absolute concentration and time to take effect; disrupting him can have disastrous consequences and the time to access a computer increase with distance. A computer on the same network would take 3 posts, the same city would take one minute, the same continent would take ten minutes and across continents would take one hour. Each step requires more focus as well.

Reckless: Mateo is a reckless glory-hound with a penchant for anti-authoritarianism. He despises taking orders and will without fail throw most plans out the window if he cares to make one. He'd sooner go off his gut and natural know-how to deal with a situation, which can leave him in dangerous situations or even compromise a mission.

Easily Smitten: Mateo can't resist a pretty face and considers himself a ladies-man without peer. He can be easily swayed or manipulated by one for good or ill.

Family: Mateo still maintains ties with his family but works to keep those ties hidden. Anyone who uncovers those ties has a very strong bargaining chip to bring Mateo to heel and place him under their command, but will earn his ire and hatred for the rest of time.

Specialization: Should Mateo's gadgets and technical equipment be disabled or destroyed he would be at a severe disadvantage, being as reliant on such equipment to the detriment of his baseline skills that don't relate to tech. Though combat-trained he simply cannot last long in a fight in comparison to other trained warriors.

The Items

The Minions

The Fluff

Keen-Edged Intellect: Mateo is an exceptionally brilliant man with a recorded IQ of 180. Though he exhibits no mental powers beyond his cyberkinesis he has a broad range of knowledge, from politics and the humanities to a more focused study of technology and the sciences.

Subterfuge: Mateo's time as a thief and conman have helped hone both his capacity for manipulation as well as stealth. Aided by his technology and powers he has the potential to be virtual undetectable to security systems, and he can lie his way out of most other situations.

Agility: He's more dextrous and agile than the average human, and well trained in movement skills like parkour.

Tech-Head: even without his cyberkinetic powers Mateo is still a master with technology and computers. He can hack most any system(made easier with his power) and is in theory limited only by his imagination in terms of tech he can create.

Combat: Mateo is trained in the usage of light arms like shotguns, submachine guns and pistols. He also is trained in Muay Thai for physical confrontations.

The RP Sample

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Maester1216
Maester1216

Quote : Commitment is an act, not a word.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2
Job : Student
Humor : Cynical
Registration date : 2017-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mateo Barros Empty Re: Mateo Barros

Post by Chellizard June 13th 2017, 2:20 pm

If this is your first character, we require an RP sample.

Otherwise this looks fine.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Mateo Barros JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum