The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Alchemy (character application)  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Alchemy (character application)  I_vote_lcapAlchemy (character application)  I_voting_barAlchemy (character application)  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Alchemy (character application)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN Alchemy (character application)

Post by Kyuubi9841 May 8th 2017, 10:59 am

ALCHEMY

"Magic is a story.  Science is fact.  
Both kick ass."

The Bio

Hero Name: Alchemy
Title:
Alignment: Chaotic good
Race: Human
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5’10 (178.2 cm)
Weight: 152 lbs
Blood type: O

The Looks

The Personality

Mason is brash and rude, preferring to go about things his own way and ignore the consequences. When interacting with people, he comes off as rude and unsociable, and had troubles making and keeping friends as a kid, and after his accident it only got worse.  His fighting style consists of throwing everything he has at his opponent while also trying to set up openings for later attacks with his powers. If things don’t go his way, he’s put in a foul mood, but otherwise doesn’t overreact.
The Story

(Mason Walker is not Alchemy’s real name, only a name he took to work without risk of discovery. For the purposes of his backstory, his old name will be replaced with Mason Walker, so as to avoid confusion.)

Mason was born to some low level scientists in New York City, barely scraping by as his parents experiments continuously cost them more and more money. Mason worked hard at school so that he could get a better job and life, and not follow his father's footsteps. And his work payed off, yielding amazing results in various subjects at school, especially Science and Math. Unfortunately, the hours spent studying prevented Mason developing relationships with anyone at school, leading to the aforementioned social issues. One of the few friends Mason could make was a fellow science nerd who studied nearly as much as Mason, Dexter.

One day his father's parents were killed in an accident and in a letter he received with a book in his parents will, Mason’s father learned that he had inherited a book containing various, powerful forms of magic. They immediately set about trying to utilize the magic in the book for scientific reasons. And they succeeded, bringing their name out of the mud, paying off their debts and moving into a better home in the nice(-ish) part of town with the money they made of many ‘miraculous’ inventions. Mason’s school life even improved marginally, with him making some new friends and breaking out of the emotional shell he had built around himself.

But one day Mason’s parents were greedy. The instructions in the book explicitly stated that the last chapter of the book should not be touched on any circumstance due to the immense magic of the spells in that section. Of course, Mason’s parents decided that meant the spells there could be used for even better inventions worth even more money. They opened the last chapter of the book while Mason was at home with Dexter, and the resulting explosion caused by the book narrowly missed Mason but killed Dexter on the spot.

Mason ran downstairs to find that his parents had unleashed a horde of demons from the book, many of which flew away. Mason ran towards the book, and saw that one of the pages had fallen loose. He picked it up, and the spell on it, when touched, released one final demon. Except this one directly possessed Mason’s body, giving him his powers. But the demon melded with Mason’s soul, giving him his dickish personality and the lack of aversion to killing.

With the possession of the demon, came the knowledge of what the demons his parents had released were, and he set out to bring them back. However, due to a lack of physical evidence, and the fact that he ran from the scene of his parents and best friends deaths (he legitimately forgot with the whole ‘demonic possession’ thing), he was blamed for their murders, and was hunted down by the police. To escape them and continue working to track down the demons, he took the name Mason Walker, and left his old one behind, forgotten to all.

The Priority

1. Strength
2. Endurance
3. Reaction
4. Agility

The Powers

Molecular Manipulation: Mason has the ability to manipulate matter on a molecular level from the demon, bending and shaping whatever he touches to suit his needs. He can take a material, such as steel, and changes the structure of the molecules to change the steel into a knife, or a sword, or anything he knows the structure of extensively.

Superhuman physique: being possessed by a demon granted Mason a superhumanly strong physique, capable of lifting up to one ton, or 2,000 pounds, and surviving intense physical trauma.

The Weaknesses

Mason’s powers only work on what he can touch, what he knows the structure of intensively, and the manipulation of biological organisms is of the table, due to a psychic block Mason’s subconscious put in place to prevent him from using too much power and going mad.
The Items

A string of metal rings on his arms that can be easily transmuted into weapons, and a cloak and shades for the coolness factor.

The Fluff

A+ student in Chemistry, Biology and Physics.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

[/b]
Kyuubi9841
Kyuubi9841

Quote : "Magic is a story, and I am one hell of a story teller."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1
Job : Barista
Humor : I'm not crazy, I'm perfectly sane! Now excuse me while I blow up this dead body.
Registration date : 2017-05-01

Back to top Go down

OPEN Re: Alchemy (character application)

Post by Super Cutie May 31st 2017, 11:45 pm

Hey! Welcome to SHRP. This looks good to me except for one small thing.

Even though they're from the same source, could you add a weakness for both the super strength and the durability? The weaknesses don't have to be related to the power as long as they provide enough trouble to be considered a weakness.

EDIT: Also please add a quick RP sample! thanx

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alchemy (character application)  Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down