The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_vote_lcap"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_voting_bar"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle" I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

"When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN "When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle"

Post by Cerek May 1st 2017, 2:59 am

"Is there anyone besides me who does this crap? And still I never get so much as a friendly nod... which begs the question why do I do this?"

Cebra used his abilities repairing the side of a small corner store that not an hour ago he'd been slammed into telekinetically. Not only that building but a few buildings around the neighborhood were swarming with patches of liquid metal and nanobots doing work. People stood a good distance away observing Cebra with accusing eyes yet still curiously watching his repairs. The police present hadn't let up since the largely destructive fight between Cebra and a certain on again off again nemesis of his. Not the normal cops either, the special force were out on display this time as alert as ever. More than once Cebra has been forced to evade capture from these off leash hounds, not that it was any great feat to escape them.

With great ease Cebra could kill every one of them and there was nothing anyone could do to stop him. This was one of few thoughts that Cebra smiling every time he glanced in their direction. It would not be a far stretch to think this was also the one thought that kept the special forces from taking any action, likely as not they were there to make the civilians feel safe. Cebra at face value didn't care what people thought of him, he did what he did to protect humans like petulant children. Deeper inside the sting of loneliness picked and gouged away at his soul with ever scornful glare. He was starting to long for something, something no machine could give him. A single word kept coming to mind, a word of multiple meanings though through the simple ability to read a mans face it's intentional meaning was clear... The word was mate.

Cebra kept up his repair work making sure to return all the damage he and his opponent caused to normal. The most difficult aspect of the job being how to deal with the unintentional casualties of the fight. Normally Cebra could evacuate an area quickly enough before a fight but this was just one of those times. Hero was certainly not a term Cebra wanted to be called, it was hard to feel like those other heroes beloved by so many and pillars of good. How could he be a hero when so many people died because he was being hunted? Cebra was often conflicted with humanity somewhere between hate and pity, between adoration and contempt. Cebra finished the last bit of repair work on a department store making sure to even clean up the rubble, he then turns face and heads to the exit only to be met with another depressing sight.

Before Cebra stands a squad of special forces units all armed with some manner of new energy based weaponry aimed at Cebra. Cebra feeling utterly drained of will lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Can we please not do this today? I'm dead tired after saving your lives for the umpteenth time ya know?"

"OPEN FIRE!"

Without so much as a 'put your arms up', Lieutenant Casey-Anne Miller whom Cebra is quite familiar with commands the squad to fire on Cebra. The squad opens fire hitting Cebra with something he didn't expect, EM stun bolts hit him all over. The combined effect not only knocks out use of cybernetics but also renders him unconscious.

When Cebra wakes up he's bound to a table made of chrome or silver, something he cannot manipulate. There is a small device on his chest with a red light that blinks ever couple of seconds. The room around him is stark white and sterile like a surgery room, this concept immediately crept into Cebra's mind. As he lay there contemplating what was to come he wondered if this was inevitable, if all his efforts were empty and meaningless. He was just a thing, a weapon, a tool for wealthy men to instigate the change they wanted. Why had he bothered to fight so hard to do the right thing when everyone else was just looking out for themselves? Cebra wondered though already with some idea if anyone would look for him? If anyone would know he was missing?
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Ho ho ho to the bottle I go! To heal my heart and drown my woes

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 619
Humor : In good balance
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top