The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Warden
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» The Most Dangerous Game
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_vote_lcapSion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_voting_barSion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_vote_lcapSion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_voting_barSion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad Empty Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad

Post by Dregan March 28th 2017, 1:22 pm

DREGAN

"The Scales that Scorch the Sky"

The Bio

Hero Name: Dregan
Title: The Scales that Scorch the Sky, Crash and Burn
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human/Draconic Humanoid
Hair: Blonde long hair, tied back in ponytail
Eyes: Blue-grey-green eyes, generally baggy
Height: 5'7"/6'1"
Weight: 153lbs/218lbs
Blood type: A/?

The Looks

Temp image, intending on replacing/updating this with more of a full-body piece with some more superheroic theming to it. Until I get that sorted, this should give the general idea;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Generally speaking, Sion O'Spiorad strikes as a somewhat laid-back individual. Not prone particularly to anger or outburst, Sion has a tendency to present himself as having a friendly relaxed air - even if under the surface he may be clinging onto various stresses and worries. Largely, he's determined not to bring others down around him, with a tendency to talk and joke even when he himself is not so confident it's the best time to be doing so.
Whilst holding something of a pessimistic view on various occurences, this is played off with his outwardly positive attitude - taking a self-defeatist point of 'this will probably go wrong' only to follow it up with 'but I'm sure everything will be fine!' The result is a slightly dry, depreciative sense of humour, matched up with an individual who's still willing to try his best and do what he can for others.
This willingness to push himself forward even through certain self-doubts is what has resulted on Sion taking on his heroic role as Dregan. Though relatively inexperienced in the art of heroing, he's more than willing to put himself on the front lines and fight his hardest - striking on image of a hero who succeeds through pure perseverance! ...Wheeen he's not falling through klutzy failure.
Despite said failings, Sion sticks to form in trying to present a positive look in his identity as Dregan - occasionally hamming it up a little when in front of members of the public. After all, a hero is expected to be dramatic, right? And now, well... he's expected to be a hero!

The Story

Story got a little bit long in the write-up! As such, split this into two seperate versions - the backstory in it's originally written long-form, with a shorter summary version in note form directly before it.

Summary Notes:

Long Form:

The Priority

1. Strength
2. Agility
3. Endurance
4. Reaction

The Powers

Draconic Form: By wearing the medallion, Sion is capable of adopting the form of a humanoid dragon and assuming the identity of 'Dregan'. The form gives him various physical enhancements - increasing his strength and athleticism, granting him wings, horns and claws, as well as covering his body in a thick set of scales. It is worth noting that whilst his physical power is increased, it is not to superhuman levels - rather it grants him more the abilities of a highly schooled athlete, as opposed to any sort of 'super strength'. Similarly, whilst the form does grant him wings, it does not grant an innate knowledge of their use. Dregan has trained enough with them to gain a rudimentary degree of flight, however currently lacks the knowledge or ability to use them for more complex manoeuvres.

Cinder Blaze: Whilst in his draconic form, Dregan has the ability to manipulate and bend flame. Whilst lacking the level of control some more experienced fire users may have, Dregan is at the very least capable of directing flame around a battle field, allowing it to grow, shrink, and 'burst' to gain control in battle.
Furthermore, he's also capable of producing his own flames. From beneath his scales, Dregan can create small sparks and cinders - acting as small seeds to ignite into full-on blazes. This grants him the ability to be able to quickly ignite his body for fiery punches and kicks, as well as to leave cinder trails in the air to then burst when opponents get close - laying traps for his enemies.

The Weaknesses

The Medallion: All of Dregan's powers can be sourced back to his medallion - without it, he is simply human. This means, not only does he always have to be carrying it with him to have the possibility of gaining access to his powers, he can easily have them taken from him. In particular, since access to his powers requires him to actively wear the medallion around his neck, this leaves him rather exposed in battle - a fast enough opponent could potentially snatch his powers in the middle of battle... and even send him plummeting mid-flight!
Furthermore, Sion is currently unaware that the medallion is holding onto a small segment of his soul. Thusly, tampering with the medallion does have the potential to have some... rather negatory effects on him. Especially from those who have the potential to mess with such otherworldly things...

Liquid Shutdown: Dregan has a particular weakness when it comes to water. It doesn't harm him, however, it does have the ability to negate his fire powers. In particular, should he find himself sufficiently soaked, many of the cinders he forms with his scales will be extinguished before any use can be made of them, allowing him only minimal use of them, if any use at all. This makes fighting in the rain a particular danger, as it severely limits what he can do with his flame manipulation.

Inexperienced Combatant: Above all, one of Dregan's biggest drawbacks as a hero is his inexperience. He has yet to get a full handle of his fire powers, and whilst he has the capability of flight, his aerial movements are very straight-forward and oftentimes rather clumsy. It's not unheard of for him to completely crash out in an attempted attack, his overeagerness getting the better of him.
Indeed, his inexperience not only extends to his powers but to his heroing in general. Whilst he's had a short period to start getting used to the mantle of 'superhero', he's still rather prone to mistakes - often in the form of attempting to swing far above his own weight. His belief in always having to try his best to be a hero can result in him taking on odds that he's simply not capable of overcoming - and further result in him getting himself seriously hurt.

The Items

The Medallion: A palm-sized medallion designed as two winged serpents interweaving. Whilst not entirely indestructible, the material is a lot more sturdy and durable than one would expect - indeed, it seems to be supernaturally resilient in nature. The medallion is attached to a thin chain, designed to be worn around the neck.
Dregan sources all his powers from the medallion - wearing it gifts him his draconic form, from which his other powers are also accessed. Unknown to him, it takes just as much as it gives, the object of power now being uniquely tied to his own soul. Should the medallion fall to some unfortunate fate, who knows what would occur to poor Sion?

The Fluff

Dregan has something of a tell when generating cinders. Due to the large amount of miniscule flames forming just beneath his scales, he tends to give off a slight glow. In the daylight it tends to simply make his scales look particularly shiny - it's particularly hard to notice. When it gets dark however, it becomes much more noticable, his body giving off a vague orange light.

The RP Sample

The plan was simple.
Well, simple enough, or so Dregan thought. The phantom thief had a habit of making his way through these back alleys - sticking to the same quiet routes so he wouldn't wind up bumping into anyone. Invisibility was enough to remain unseen, but through the more crowded streets it was still a risk. Therefore, given his area of influence, it made sense that he'd make use of this particular path to go completely unnoticed. And that's why it was the perfect place to lay a trap.

The idea was to lay a ring of cinders - small embers barely noticable to one who wasn't looking out for them. They were practically as invisible as the man intended to walk through them as they hung slightly above the earth. But Dregan knew where they were... and could observe even the slightest disturbance.
Once the thief had stepped inside, it was just meant to be a simple matter of igniting the embers - creating a ring of fire to contain the menace. Once he was trapped in an enclosed space, that invisibility would suddenly become much less of an advantage.
The plan was simple.
At least 'til it started raining.

Now, stood out on the rooftop, Sion O'Spiorad couldn't help but feel a little bit silly. The large draconic being seemed to be significantly less intimidating with an umbrella in his hand, trying desperately to keep his wings within it's circumference so as to avoid a soaking.
Not only that, but his little 'trap' seemed to be fizzling further and further away. Whilst there were a few small embers left to fight the downpour, overall it didn't seem particularly hopeful that he was going to be able to pull any fire from this at all.

...And that's when he saw it.
Or more, didn't see it in a way. There was a visible absence of sorts... a hole in the rain. A moving spot in the downpour, around the shape and size of a person. Whilst the trap was essentially forfeit at this point... he'd found them! Now it was just a matter of catching them!
Diving from the roof, Dregan extended his legs forward, wings spread wide in an attempted glide-kick on his invisible foe! In his hands, the umbrella opened wide, trailing behind him. He was about to Mary Poppins the shit out of this guy!
And ironically, he never saw it coming.

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Dregan
Dregan

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-03-25

Back to top Go down

Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad Empty Re: Sion 'Dregan' O'Spiorad

Post by Humanity March 29th 2017, 8:21 pm

YAMM APPROVES!
Left Shark! Vexxie! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Vexxie! Left Shark!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top