The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Hellfire I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Hellfire I_vote_lcapHellfire I_voting_barHellfire I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hellfire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hellfire Empty Hellfire

Post by fenrishunter500 March 21st 2017, 12:21 pm

CHARACTER NAME
Hellfire

"Insert Character Quote or Title here"
The World is a scary place, especially now that you've awoken my demon.

The Bio

Hero Name: Hellfire
Title: The Crimson Winged
Alignment: CG
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Long, flowing blonde hair borderlining on platinum in color
Eyes: Piercing cyan
Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 200
Blood type: AB+

The Looks

Hellfire has the looks of an angel... or possibly a demon. Rugged good looks. Long blonde hair. Lean-yet-lithe musculature. Standing at six-foot-five, he towers over the average man but is not over imposing in his height. His most unique identifier, however, are his two feathered wings that sprout from his back. His wingspan is nearly 12ft from tip to tip, though he does attempt to keep them folded in as neatly as possibly, slimming his silhouette to something more manageable.

The Personality

Skylar is a man of many emotions. The fire that burns within him, giving credence to his name, shows itself through his raw, on-the-sleeve displays of emotion. When he laughs, it is with the utmost joyfulness. His sorrows are equal in their depths of darkness. And his rage, well... that's an inferno no one wishes to see unleashed. His lives his life to the utmost, and consequences be damned if he isn't going to enjoy every step of it.

The Story

Growing up, Skylar never knew who his mother was. He can't even be sure that the man he calls father is his actual parent. Not that it matters much to him... the man known as Tobias Rodgers is, and always will be, Dad. Either way you cut it, Skylar knows that his more, shall we say, supernatural attributes at the very least came from the mother that was never present in his life. The reality of the fact is, Skylar is Nephilum. Half human, half angel (or demon), it took Skylar a long time to come to terms with what he is. A very long time.

Of course, in his teenage and young adult years he experimented with these abilities that he had. Internally, there were a few years as a power struggle of sorts warred inside his soul. With his abilities, he could be a savior to mankind, fighting the likes of supervillains everywhere. Or, alternatively, he could rule those same as their king, and the world could be his. The angel on his right won out eventually, though the demon is never far away, always speaking to him tantalizing temptations of what his powers could bring him.

Eventually, he got into the superhero gig. It started out small, fighting the likes of purse snatchers and graffiti artists. He moved up to gangbangers, drug dealers, and their ilk, and eventually entered the world of the big boys. All the while, the demon and the angel continue to argue over his soul. As such, he now finds himself at the scenes of some of the most chaotic events mankind can conjure. Up to now he has always been on the side of good, but it takes just one slip up, one bad day, and the devil will get his due.

The Priority

1. Agility 2
2. Endurance 3
3. Reaction 1
4. Strength 4

The Powers

1. Flight. Hellfire's angelic wings allow him to fly with relative speed and maneuverability.

2. Pyrokinesis. Hellfire's questionably demonic heritage grants him the power of fire creation and control.

3. Electrokinesis. Hellfire's questionably angelic heritage grants him the power of electricity creation and control.

4. Divine Shielding. Hellfire's innate kineses (kinesises? kinesi?) allow him to throw up a barrier of either electrostatic shielding or a wall of flame. Each barrier can only block things applicable to their attributes (electrostatic stopping metal, flame causing punches/kicks to pause, lasers/optical weapons unaffected, that sort of thing).

The Weaknesses

1. Emotionally sensitive. Hellfire's emotions are as wild as the wildfire. While it can be a good thing and serve him well, he can just as easily be manipulated into positions that his enemies would prefer him to be in.

2. Devil on the shoulder. Hellfire walks a thin line, and for him to fall to a more bestial, savage entity is a real and looming possibility. The more he gives in to his negative emotions, the more he looses control of himself.

3. Elemental resistances. Water negates his fire, and can dissipate his electricity. Furthermore, anything properly grounded is immune to his electricity as the current follows the line into the grounding material.

4. Human/spirit hybridization. Despite his abilities, his body is that of a normal human, including his wings. A bullet to the chest is as dangerous for him as it is for any old John Doe. Clip his wings like a bird, and you'll see him lose his flight. In addition, spells or rituals designed to keep angels or demons at bay, trapped, weakened, etc., will also apply their effects to him.

Extra: Not sure if you also want limitations here, but his shieldings have limitations as mentioned under the Powers heading. His flight, though he has fine control over it, does not extend to superspeed, and his acts of agility are limited to those same maneuvers one might see from a bird of prey.

The Items
N/A

The Minions
N/A

The Fluff

His wings periodically become engulfed (in various levels of intensity) in flames, electricity, or both.

The RP Sample

Except from another PbP game I am currently involved in (bolded lines are not my posts, but included for completions sake):

Having taken the time to "redecorate" the Shogun's war room, Tetsuo stands before a series of monitors. Displayed on each is relatively up to date information regarding the battlefronts where each of the Legions have been deployed. Data streams keep the information up to date, and samurai of various colors are clacking away at computer keyboards as they relay, revise, update, and network. Barely does he have the ability to keep up with the data flow, with the various oni assaults all over the Empire only growing in number and ferocity.

Finally prying his eyes away from the monitors, Tetsuo addresses the nearest samurai, one clad in the colors of the Twelfth Legion - a relatively newly restructured Legion whose members are trained to facilitate the flow of battle data across the Empire and the Colonies. "Have we been able to isolate where our assailants have broken through? Beyond the Second Wall and Otosan Uchi I mean. There are too many to only come from those two founts."

Komori Akita, a young shugenja with a secured tablet bearing the mon of the Legion, promptly turns and bows to the Shogun. His long, braided hair swings to and fro as he rises, adjusting his robes in the process.

"From all over, Lord Shogun. Oni are assaulting every province in the Empire witgh reckless abandon. However, there is troop movement coming south from the front lines of the Crane provinces." He hands over the tablet, pointing to information displayed in the screen- a map of Rokugan, like a shogi board, with real time interface showing the forces of each legion- as well as the Iweko loyal samurai and assumed positions of traitorous forces. "Forces are also traveling towards Toshi Ranbo. It seems that the our enemy wishes to reinforce his garrisons against the forces of the clans in the Capital."

The Shogun looks the tablet over, concentration and calculation furrowing his brow. He cross-references the data on the pad with that on a separate monitor, before handing the tablet back to the Tomori.

"Alright. Pull our men back to the Capital. We will reinforce our position there until we can open a path south to the Crane lands. I don't want to see a single unit extended beyond the immediate lands surrounding Toshi Ranbo with the exception of the Sixth. I want them to continue searching for anything we can use to disrupt the enemies flow of resources."

Not that I expect there to be much. Tetsuo mulls. The logistics of this fight are a matter of attrition... and the fact of the matter is, man for man we are much more resource intensive. Zakennayo.

"And what of the clan forces that have remained? If I know Kisada-dono as well as I think I do, the Crab forces will aid in establishing a siege perimeter around the city." He mulls aloud to himself "Akodo-san would not likely sit still however. Nor would the Unicorn calvaries..."

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

fenrishunter500
fenrishunter500

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-21

Back to top Go down

Hellfire Empty Re: Hellfire

Post by fenrishunter500 March 21st 2017, 5:18 pm

First and foremost: Apologies for the double post.

Onto the meat of this post. While I can edit in the main thread, I will if it is easier for the mods/admins, I wanted to go ahead and do some editing to this application, but still keep the original so that the mods/admins can see my thought process on the character.

Weaknesses. After reading through some of the older posts, I realized that I am not happy with some of Skylar's weaknesses. Firstly, I think #1 and #2 can probably be combined into one package. Those two are also the one I am most unhappy with, and as such I may nix it (it falls under the commonly used "Roid-Rage" weakness, sadly...)

With those two combined, I need to throw up a new weakness. So if #2 joins #1, the new #2 would become
#2 Horrible battle sense. If he should zig, he probably zags. If he should dodge, he'll roll into the strike. His ability to read his opponents is lacking, and can often be tricked on the battlefield.

How does this sound? I feel like there is more here I can tap into, but everything that comes to mind ends up feeling like it can be explained away by either Weakness #3 or #4. Input is most welcome Smile
fenrishunter500
fenrishunter500

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-21

Back to top Go down

Hellfire Empty Re: Hellfire

Post by Super Cutie May 31st 2017, 11:34 pm

I think either way you want to do it is fine by us.

Just let me know when you've made your decision and you should be good to go.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hellfire Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down