The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
Do or die I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:49 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Do or die I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Do or die I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Do or die I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Do or die I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Do or die I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Do or die I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Do or die I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Do or die I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Do or die I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Do or die I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Do or die I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Do or die I_vote_lcapDo or die I_voting_barDo or die I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Do or die I_vote_lcapDo or die I_voting_barDo or die I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Do or die

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Do or die

Post by Arcana February 24th 2017, 4:22 pm

Faint wisps of black mist wavered through the air, filling the otherwise empty air of the town. Reports had come in about a town suddenly disappearing, something that drew a lot of red flags within the magical community as well as with law enforcement agencies. People had been sent in to investigate what had caused such disappearances, but within the span of three days no one had reported back to their superiors. This town by the name of Dunsmuir had gone silent within a single night, letting not even a peep of electronic noise out from it. Sean appeared on the outskirts of the town, past what he assumed was to be a blockade of some kind. Various military grade vehicles were all left there, abandoned as if waiting for some threat from within the town to leak out and even the anti-metahuman countermeasures were left lying on the ground.

Sean knelt down, feeling over what might have been a manner of weapon. It could have been a gun, likely meant to fire some manner of plasma or something else. High tech no doubt though he wondered what company would have supplied it, though there was only a large M branded on the side. He lifted it to his face, examining each contour as the sound of the morning wind blew through, tossing up some of the black mist that had flowed low to the ground, mingling with normal white mist. ”Something is definitely up.” He muttered to himself, setting the weapon back down upon the ground, and burying his hands into his pockets. This place reeked of death or maybe even death magics, the distinction was there but he could not make them at this moment. He had an idea of what this was but assumptions were not always the wisest thing to do.

Sean had dressed up in usual fair for dealing with sudden supernatural convergences. A pair of khaki cargo pants tucked into scuffed looking boots, with a sleeveless white shirt under a layered hooded leather jacket to cover the runes that snaked along his arms. His hands were covered with fingerless cloth gloves, mostly to hide any further indication of his magics existence, mostly a precaution in case someone figured out their purpose. Dark brown bangs hung over his forehead and threatened to cover silver eyes, critically surveying the seemingly empty town. Quickly Sean whipped out his phone, checking it and typing out a small text to Zell. Checking out the shit going on in Dunsmuir, might not have signal . In case I don’t answer anything for a bit, that's why. ILU <3 Sending that he sighed, slipping the phone back into his left pocket. It wasn’t a goodbye but he didn’t know how something like this would even go.

The unknown always managed to bring about a sensation of fear within him, even if he should have been more confident within the magic awakened within him. Caution was something he could not help, always worrying that his power wasn’t enough or maybe he just wasn’t good enough even with it. Accelerated heartbeat managed to mirror the faint anxiety that came about, Sean clenching his fingers tightly. If this was The Abyss, then it was his duty to fight it back. His family had done enough dealing with his problems, and now this was his demon to defeat. If he could stop the spread of this death dimension, then that was a plus he was also willing to accept. Self-sacrifice was never his favorite thing, and yet here he was considering it.

Spells that protected one against the darkness had been weaved through him, taking a good few hours to prepare but now he was confident within his readiness. So Sean prepared to stride into the heart of darkness itself.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY DEUS VULT

Post by Phreeze February 26th 2017, 8:33 pm

Galatine was deployed to her third ever mission that involved such a tenuous thread of defeat. She was excited. A chopper, NATO to exact in branding, flew overhead a few feet outside of the zone in which was considered hostile, near Sean. Galatine stepped forth, and looked toward, simply jumping and falling down to the paved road below. As she landed, the Dame robot stood slowly, drawing her massive blade. She held no magic aside from her centralized core, which was heavily riddled with machinery and technology. A communications relay was active in her head, and she began speaking to her commanding unit. "Aye, I land'd, nothin' in sight yet, lads. I'll keep in touh-ch." she disabled it to move forward, making sure to mind her signal at all times.

Her nerves were getting the better of her, or her circuits rather. She was so eager to go in a mission like this, a search and destroy. She had no idea what lay ahead of her, no idea what to expect. This is what Galatine lived for! As she began her slow approach, the womanly automaton noted Sean out of the corner of her eye, drawing her blade and holding it close. "AYE! YUH! HANDS OHP! DON'T MOUVE! IF YA DO, I'LL CUT YE DOWN WHERE YE STAND!" Her calamitous bellow was a powerful one, and at that one that demanded respect. She slowly approached, blade still drawn. "What're ye doin 'ere?! Ah?!"
Phreeze
Phreeze

Quote : Life's like a business. Defeat your enemies by putting said enemies on your payroll, or beat the snot out of them and get arrested, charged with assault, and locked away for a few years.

Number of posts : 22
Job : Fast Food Slave- I MEAN Insider.
Humor : Usually dark and gritty, also a fan of lighter humor.
Registration date : 2017-02-20

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Do or die

Post by Arcana February 26th 2017, 10:36 pm

Fear was a natural response when staring into darkness, and that was what he felt. The male steeled himself to walk into the mist shrouding the outskirts of the town, ripped from such intense concentration by something colliding with the ground audibly. With a curse under his breath, Sean whipped around to see what could have actually caused the sound and focused his attention on the origin of the sound. An odd form rose from the impact sight, shouting something in a language he was sure was English but the words were too garbled to be understood. It was an accent, possibly Scottish but all he did was give her this look of mild confusion as she raised her blade. ”I know you’re speaking English but I can’t understand a word you’re sayin.” Sean said with mild bemusement, knowing that she was threatening him.

With each step she took towards him, Sean took one backwards to keep a steady distance between them. He didn’t want to have some pyscho charging at him, making things more annoying than they needed to be. ”So why are you even here? This looks a little above your paygrade missy. Might want to run off home before you get yourself hurt by something.” This surely woman with massive blade proved to be just another possible problem, but he was willing to deal with her should she make herself a threat. Having to kill someone was just not his thing, and yet Sean didn’t know if he had a choice now of all times.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Do or die

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum