The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
A Game (AAT and Martyr) I_vote_lcapA Game (AAT and Martyr) I_voting_barA Game (AAT and Martyr) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Game (AAT and Martyr)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY A Game (AAT and Martyr)

Post by Uryurvkos January 26th 2017, 9:47 pm

There was a dim light outside the café window. Clouds blocked the early morning sun, keeping it a light grey as the orange light off the eastern horizon battled to be let free. Inside the café there was a light that was buzzing, flickering between on and off as the chatter of a few dozen customers occupied the air, nearly cancelling out the jazz that played. But, it didn't mind him.

AAT-08317 sat at a two chair table, the warm contents of a branded styrofoam cup filled with a black tea, filled with lemon juice. He preferred it that way, while others may have opted for sugar or honey. He looked down at the chess set in front of him—an addition made to the café likely to encourage constitutes to be social—but he had been playing himself for quite some time. All the other seats had been occupied but the one in front of him.

Quietly, he moved the black knight to A6.
Uryurvkos
Uryurvkos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "No one should be allowed to violently trample on the law."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2017-01-21

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: A Game (AAT and Martyr)

Post by Martyr January 26th 2017, 10:28 pm

As Ashley was on his way home from his, "Job", he decided to take a pit stop. He was carrying a gym bag with his suit and buisness supplies inside. Hole punch, letter opener, and plenty of green tinted paper.

He walked into a nearby diner and saw a man playing chess by himself. "Mind if I join you?" Ashley asked, and without getting an answer; Ashley sat down and contemplated the board. He saw the knight had been moved to A6.

Responding in kind; Ashley moved a white pawn to A4

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Do you want segregation?! Because that is how you get segregation!" - Ashley Jonah Cresswell

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryurvkos January 26th 2017, 10:53 pm

AAT-08317 looked up as Ashley took a seat, as he looked down to the pawn on the board that was already moved for white: D5. He shook his head, "No, I don't. But white goes first, are you sure you wouldn't like to reset?"

Last edited by Uryurvkos on January 26th 2017, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Detail)
Uryurvkos
Uryurvkos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr January 26th 2017, 11:02 pm

"It's fine," Ashley shrugged. He was suprised by the allowance that the man had for his joining the game so callously. "After all, I do always say that if you join the game late; you should play late." He said and nodded towards the board. "So, where are you from?" He asked casually.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Do you want segregation?! Because that is how you get segregation!" - Ashley Jonah Cresswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryurvkos January 26th 2017, 11:12 pm

"Very well." AAT-08317 replied. The man asked the question, as the assassin remained silent for a while, but he disguised it as consideration where to move as he pushed his black pawn to D4. He then answered, "I travel around a lot. I don't really know where I am from anymore. You?"

Last edited by Uryurvkos on January 27th 2017, 1:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Detail)
Uryurvkos
Uryurvkos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr January 27th 2017, 2:37 am

"Toronto, born and raised." Responded Ashley while considering his moves. He moved his pawn forward to intercept the other man's pawn, Martyr didn't feel super comfortable with this move; but he was certain it was already done. "Well, I just realized how rude I have been." He said. "My name's Ash. Ash Cresswell. And you are?"

Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryurvkos January 27th 2017, 1:11 pm

AAT-08317 would have smiled if he knew how to, as he pressed his bishop to the spot that was previously occupied by the pawn. Then the man asked for his name. AAT-08317 hadn't used his real name in years, he always used the name on the passport his officers handed him. He spoke: "Sometimes it feels as if I live by a number. But my name is Vadim Mironov. Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Cresswell."

Vadim looked down to the bag the man had: "You exercise?"
Uryurvkos
Uryurvkos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr January 28th 2017, 3:27 am

Martyr was off put by the placement of the bishop but quickly retaliated by moving the queen to the bishops spot; capturing it. The man made a statement about seeming to live by a number and Martyr chuckled. "Man, you aren't kidding. These days more and more I feel the same way." Then Martyr nodded. "Good to meet you as well, Mr. Miranov. I don't get to talk to many people normally these days. Seems like I'm always busy."

Martyr shot a glance at his bag nervously; but played it cool. "I do some light jogging, a little cardio. Sometimes I even do yoga. Good for the mind." Martyr shrugged. "Got any family?"

Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryurvkos January 28th 2017, 12:22 pm

Vadim shook his head as he placed his hand over the Queen, and put it back to it's spot on the board before he put back his Bishop: "Queen's cannot jump over other pieces."

Vadim then listened to what Martyr had to say, as his eyes seemed to be unconvinced by what he just said about jogging, but then again, that was always the look in his eye. When Martyr brought up family, Vadim picked up his tea and closed his eyes: "Don't have any. You?"
Uryurvkos
Uryurvkos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr January 28th 2017, 3:44 pm

Ashley was discouraged by the failure of the move, but he nodded. "I have a little sister at home, and my mother is paralyzed from the waist down. I kind of take care of her."

Ashley thought about his moves; the decided to move his pawn from C2 to C4; not really knowing what else to do. "Sorry about my relative terribleness at this game. I've only played a couple times before." Ashley said awkwardly, Chess wasn't something you played often in the streets, and it's not like his mother had time before the incident.

Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryurvkos January 28th 2017, 10:29 pm

Vadim watched the man move his pawn, as he reached and put his second knight to G6. He listened to what Ashley had said about his family, before he decided to speak: "That is quite honourable. Many would decide to run."

Vadim's voice remained cold and unmoving throughout the entire conversation, as he replied to what Martyr had just said: "Knowledge comes with experience. Experience comes from failure."
Uryurvkos
Uryurvkos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr January 29th 2017, 12:31 am

"Many people don't need their families as much as their families need them." Ashley said off the cuff. He did need his family, just as much - no, more - than they needed him. His family is what kept him balanced.

Ashley shrugged at the Vadim's words and moved his pawn forward once again; not really paying as much attention to the game anymore. He didn't exactly have many people to talk to, so Vadim was a breath of fresh air from that perspective. Martyr was glad that Vadim didn't know about his felonious past. He was enjoying being a human being for once. Not a meta.
Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryurvkos January 29th 2017, 2:49 am

"I wish that were always the case." Vadim replied. Having talked to the man would have been a relief, if the assassin knew what that feeling could be. Everything worked as a plan to the man, and it was no use for him to work against it. Still, to possibly be considered more than a cold-blooded killer—even if just for a moment—felt different to Vadim.

The man moved one of his pawns to the centre of the chessboard, right in the face of one of Ash's. He was almost certain he would claim it, so that he could enact his plan. He reclined in his seat, "Sometimes you need to break away, if just for a moment. And think."
Uryurvkos
Uryurvkos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr January 29th 2017, 10:02 pm

"Exactly." Ashley said moving his knight out onto the field, to C3.

"It's just so hard being in this situation, you know? But I couldn't leave even if I wanted to. They're my family, and my dad already walked out on us. I can't imagine what mom would think I did the same."

Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryurvkos January 30th 2017, 3:06 am

Vadim listened to what Ashley said about his family, as he tapped his lip. He then spoke again: "Family is sometimes the only thing we have, Mr. Cresswell. Keep them safe."

Vadim then pushed a pawn to E5.
Uryurvkos
Uryurvkos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content