The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_voting_barCold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_voting_barCold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN Re: Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN]

Post by Martyr January 22nd 2017, 11:07 pm

As soon as Knightfall entered the room; he knew this would be less than good. He'd only met him on one other occasion. Martyr has difficult recalling how it ended; but he didn't like the man either.

Then he shot a patron the head. Martyr stood shocked for a moment then turned to the people. Martyr had gotten their money already. He had credit cards. Cash. Checks. But he didn't want their lives. Knightfall took this way too  far way too fast.

"Everybody scram!" He yelled and fired his guns into the air once more to the horror of the patrons who moved quickly to the exit.

"Knightfall, what the fuck?!" Martyr yelled as he focused on the helmeted man. He kept his knife at his arm in case he needed to shut him down without killing him. "I don't want to have to hurt you Knightfall; but... this is too far!"

Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha January 22nd 2017, 11:58 pm

The latest song popular on the radios flowed through his speakers as Travis maneuvered his vehicle through the streets of Toronto. Being that the main branch of his company was stationed in the city, he much preferred to live closer to where the heart of the long reaching corporation lived rather than being so far removed from it. Not that traveling technology from Lucius limited his overall ability to be places, but he did somehow force such constraints upon himself before sudden amnesia. Colin was more absorbed within his cellular device, not even showing any signs that he had once lost an arm, though he only knew about the details from a small collection of information about what he had done before a bullet ripped everything apart. ”I feel like I’m missing something.” He mused with a soft hum,  turning around a curve as he took note of what looked to be mounties.

”Are police normally mounted on horses around here?” Colin would ask, turning from his phone with an understandably confused look. Travis considered them for a second as he looked to see what was the fuss, but only saw people riding horses rather than around in cars. It was an odd scene considering that they lived in a world where vehicles were measured in how many horses they were worth, but to each their own. Maybe he could speak to the city council about how they were easting their budgets on horses later, and maybe have them upgrade to cars in the near future.

”Don’t think so Colin.” He turned the car into a vacant parking lot, stepping out and burying his hands into his pockets.  Sure, he could’ve explained what he was doing, but all Travis did was use his mental influencing abilities to make Colin continue to play with his phone while he walked away to check on whatever was happening. Thoughts splayed around the area was saying something about  a bank being robbed, and he did need some physical cash aside from the credit cards that he had lining his wallet. There were a few people , mounted police doing their things though they did not even appear to notice the eighteen year old person walking up to the building, dressed in only a button up flannel and faded looking jeans.

Travis walked through the front door, walking up to one of the shaking tellers that still remained and gave them a soft smirk. ”Excuse me, I’d like to make a withdrawl.” The only look he got was as if he were insane, looking to the other people that were currently trying to rob said bank.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightfall January 23rd 2017, 10:36 am

Knightfall chuckled softly at Martyr's initial reaction, watching most of the bank's patrons rush out in a disorderly fashion stumbling over each other as they went. Only working with the guy once before he'd noticed that Martyr wasn't exactly good or bad but preferred to stay neutral. Then he remembered the man's power of reflecting pain through self-infliction, a living voodoo doll.

"Have I truly taken this too far Mr. Cresswell, I mean I don't need the money I just enjoy the thrill!" He said as he tapped into Martyr's mind extracting any key information he could exploit. "Now tell me what you'd do if I say payed your sister... Joy is it, a little visit on your behalf?" Walking around the room, hopefully bringing Martyr's guard down with this newest revelation, so he could take the man's knife with little resistance.

"After all I'm no stranger to killing family." Then entering Martyr's mind once more sharing the memory of Knightfall killing his sister on the train station platform, the emotions and sounds of all the people there flooding Martyr's mind in an unrecognizable frenzy. Now as he used his last distraction and prepared to snatch the knife away from Martyr's hand, his attention was instead focused on the supposed 18 year old entering the building. As the teenager then issued out a witty remark about bank withdrawals, Knightfall said in an exasperated tone; "Now how come I didn't think of saying that, props to your cleverness!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cold, Hard, Cash [OPEN] - Page 2 2rggabb
Knightfall
Knightfall
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Woo yeah! I'm like fucking Spider-Man bitches!" -Knightfall
"Didn't your parents ever teach you not to play with guns?" -Knightfall

"Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy." -F. Scott Fitzgeral

Warnings : 2 Warnings
Number of posts : 160
Job : Whatever pays well.
Humor : Dark and sarcastic.
Registration date : 2017-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by DeSpectacled January 23rd 2017, 9:13 pm

With a brief respite, Shango focused intently as the individual entered the bank, clearly not the authorities. Her Inner Eye revealed to her that the person was clearly alive, a strong person with intent coming forth. What she did not see, however, was what happened next. Almost in a blur, a transaction of events too quick to fully comprehend unraveled before her.

Firstly, the a second mysterious man approached, and immediately gunned down one of the innocent civilians minding their own business, perhaps looking to an otherwise ordinary day. Second, within mere moments after (or perhaps before; too far focused into her own mind, Shango couldn't properly assess the timing of the events), a vivid flash of morbidity assaulted her mind; an image of an unfamiliar person, a woman or perhaps a girl even, briefly decorated the farthest corners of her consciousness. The mental assault, while jarring and unexpected, did little in the way of stopping her steadfast presence. Taking a slight moment to shake her head and gain a footing of mental clarity, Shango instinctively darted for the nearest cover; behind a wall, being the nearest location to hide.

This is ridiculous! Where do these people even come from? Pressing her back against the wall, legs apart and arms bent at the elbows outward, she turned her head to the side, peeking around the corner to once again, try to take hold of the situation again. Her nose poking around first, her eyes darted around the corner, only to be befuddled with the casual walk of another person. completely evading her sight. I can's seem to avoid danger. My life is far too exciting. Holding her cover strong, Shango brought her face partially away from the wall, so as to listen in on the situation unfolding. If bullets flew again, she would have no choice but to intervene. Violently.
DeSpectacled
DeSpectacled

Quote : "I ain't getting tired, I'm getting angry."

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2016-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr January 24th 2017, 2:40 pm

Martyr felt his blood boil to the point he wasn't going to back down. It was just unfortunate that Martyr was immediately struck by the fear of a madman in a subway with a gun. He disliked bullies, but he really hated telepathic bullies. At that moment, he saw Knightfall reach for the knife, but Martyr could do nothing as the knife escaped his grasp.

He spoke of Joy as if she were just another pawn in a game of his? How dare he so much as consider the thought? He wouldn't let it stand. He moved forward with the weight of a man with the world on his shoulders. His eyes were filled with rage and pain.

"I will kill you if you so much as even think about hurting Joy." He poked his hand forward at Knightfall. "I will not be controlled just because "I'm a fucking sociopath, look at me. Whee!" You think that you are the first person to try that on me? I'm a VINO, dude. I am the Martyr. I sacrifice my own life to protect those I love." As Martyr spoke he got closer, and the closer he got to Knightfall the more focused he was knowing that if Knightfall was going to strike it'd be now. "So you can forget those little mind games Knightfall... I will protect my family no matter the cost!" Martyr yelled and clicked his pistol against his chest, an obvious warning in his eyes.

Don't fuck with me.
Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Do you want segregation?! Because that is how you get segregation!" - Ashley Jonah Cresswell

Warnings : Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal January 29th 2017, 11:26 am

Medicine Woman withdrew a few fresh cloves from her medicine pouch.  She held them under the nose of the downed bank guard.  The pungent spice brought him around, but all he did was groan.  At least he was alive. "Stay down, sir.  Pretend you are still knocked out.  You, me and only a few others are still inside this bank.  If you lie down quietly, I'll try to help you escape and join the other citizens who ran out to the street."  Another groan.  She took it as an assent to her plan.

Finally, she stood up, in full view of whoever might be looking inside the bank.  She put her hands up, the universal sign for surrender...until more people entered the bank.  Since, apparently, no one noticed her...yet...she put her hands back down and tried to walk out of the bank.  She needed her gear, despite being outnumbered and obviously out-powered by the new arrivals.

She started slowly backing out of the bank. She might be caught by one of the three males or the other woman outside the bank (Shango), but she had to risk it.  She backed toward the Mountie she gave her stuff to..or at least tried to. Now that most of the bank customers were safe, the horse returned to the Mountie.

Medicine Woman was just under the bank's doorway now, easily seen since she was in the open.  Would she make it back to the Mountie?  Could she re-arm herself and try to divert the three males and the woman...if it came to that?  Maybe...if they didn't try to stop her...

((OOC: ::Winks:: OK Shango Martyr, Knightfall and the flannel shirt guy...what's next?))

Last edited by Ultragal on January 29th 2017, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected a sentence.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Number of posts : 263
Job : Office work/clerical/occasional multitasking
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha January 30th 2017, 10:46 pm

All Travis got from the person still somehow behind the bank counter was a rather confused look, though he couldn’t blame them. Considering the scene around him, it was obvious that a bank robbery was going on but he personally was not bothered aby anything happening. ”If you are trying to rob this bank, I would suggest stopping that now.” He tapped a finger against the glass that separated him and the teller, exhaling without a care in the world. ”You see, this is my city, and I do not appreciate someone trying to  steal my money and killing the people in it. Pointless murder is so moronic, but I suppose you are just that aren’t you?”

Despite how he talked, there was no apparent power in use.  For the moment, he was only making use of a telepathic wall around his mind, should whatever this Martyr fellow was screaming about be true. ”I’d suggest leaving now and never returning to this city. You have….a minute to leave the building, and a day after that for the city.” Absently he began to roll up his shirts sleeves, letting them stop being rolled up at his elbows, the air itself suddenly becoming oddly stagnant.

When his posturing , or supposed posturing was done he would turn in the direction of Knightfall with a wan smirk. ”That’s five seconds already.”

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr February 1st 2017, 1:08 pm

Martyr wasn't quite sure he wanted to fight this man, he wasn't sure why but he had a sense of foreboding as the man talked to him. "Don't worry, I'll go ahead and go." Martyr said as he began backing away towards the entrance. He moved to leave, but then saw that he was being blocked by the Native American woman from earlier.

"Oh...no." He said and he turned around and gave the man threatening them a "What are you gonna do?" kind of look. Before kind of just backing off to the side and hoping that he didn't see him.

Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Do you want segregation?! Because that is how you get segregation!" - Ashley Jonah Cresswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal February 2nd 2017, 8:16 pm

Obviously, Medicine Woman didn't have eyes in back of her head. She was unaware that the first male (Martyr) wanted to leave.  She dashed out of the bank.  She approached the Mountie and said: "As I promised: You have your horse back."

The Mountie nodded and returned her stuff to her.  She didn't really need them, but kept them to remind her of her goal.  She would find the 400 surviving AmerInds.  She'll find them enough land to rebuild her people, if possible.

Right now, there was still a bank robbery in progress. She turned around, bow and arrow in hand, and would try to end the situation.  
Medicine Woman didn't see the first guy (Martyr), but it was pretty easy to see the second one: Knightfall.

She got in close---but not too close---to attempt shoot an arrow at villain number two.  She still didn't see guy number one.   She tried to shoot an arrow at guy two's left hamstring ((OOC: Yes, she's that good, but that doesn't mean she'll succeed.))

She watched the arrow fly and hoped not to hit the last few citizens in the bank.  She was attempting to cripple #2, not kill him.  She was no killer, not even if Coyote Trickster (AmerInd version of Satan/The Devil) himself was that second bank robber.

Last edited by Ultragal on February 2nd 2017, 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Brief explanation of MW's most often used "meta" power: Accurate Archer.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightfall February 16th 2017, 1:59 am

Knightfall stood looking over the young man assesing the current situation with cool calculation. The blonde haired comedian had threatened him, and something told Knightfall that the boy intended to back up his threat if necessary. After the young man issued his threat he saw as Martyr attempted to leave through the bank's entryway, only to be blocked by a rather serene Native American woman. Knightfall then returned his attention to the young man who'd threatened him. "If that's so kid then let me fill you in on a little something." Knightfall said as he focused on the boy's mind hoping to tap into it only to be blocked by a mental barrier. "The only truly "moronic" instance in this situation is you messing around in my affairs," he said with a smile. "And I'll be staying in "your" city for as long as I deem it necessary." Just as he finished his sentence an arrow came flying towards him, most likely fired by the woman who had blocked Martyr's exit. Knightfall then manipulated the adrenaline within his body and the room around him seemed to slow down to a crawl. He side-stepped out of the arrow's path (now moving as slow as molasses), and the arrow was now flying towards Martyr's thigh.

Knightfall
Knightfall
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha February 16th 2017, 5:21 am

True to his word Alpha had begun to count down, spreading his faint, intangible field of influence over the area, feeling everything that touched such a telekinetic web. People standing, leaving and  someone drawing a bow. Words spoken, a bow drawn and time continuing to move on regardless as he continued to count despite multi-tasking. Forty four seconds had passed since his proclamation, the arrow flying through the air with impressive speed as he felt it piercing through his field of consciousness. ”You seem to misunderstand the situation mister…..whatever.” The arrow only a good foot from Martyr paused within the air, as if held by an invisible hand. ”You have no choice in this matter.” With a motion, the arrow snapped to his hand, Alpha balancing it between two fingers.

”People like you really piss me off. Get a little power and you think you can do whatever you wish, but here’s the facts. Even with some power, you’re still just a pissant.” He held up a single. ”Your hourglass has also run out. So don’t blame me, okay?” The ceiling above them cracked, sagging and buckling under some weight. ”However, if you want to remain then I can accommodate. So long as you don’t mind a cramped bodybag.” The attack that came however was the arrow flying through the air as fast as a bullet, the intended target being Knightfalls knee.

As the walls broken and everything began to come down.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr February 17th 2017, 1:37 am

Martyr had not been expecting the roof to begin caving in around him. He saw that there was a dazed teller and he dove for her, barely managing to knock her out of the way of some rubble falling from the ceiling. He couldn't just let someone die for no good reason. She thanked him, and ran out the rear exit, to which Martyr responded with a string of cursing at the fact that he was such an idiot.

He then noticed Knightfall, and while he certainly didn't like him; he couldn't let him die like this. ”Knightfall!” He yelled across the room. ”Forget this, it isn't worth it! Let's just go!” He yelled at the man, not sure how he would react to this. Martyr wouldn't leave him behind, no matter how irritating he was.

Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightfall February 17th 2017, 10:11 am

Distracted by the bank collapsing around him, Knightfall didn't notice the arrow flying towards his leg as it embedded itself into his flesh. "Damn psychic's." A piece of the roof fell down in front of the entrance to the bank blocking it from any further use. Knightfall, his breathing shallow and ragged, moved to extract the arrow protruding from his leg. But before he could he heard Martyr's voice over the ringing in his ears.

Narrowing his eyes in pain he moved to get out of harm's way. Just then a chunk of the roof crashed down towards Martyr. Knightfall manipulated the adrenaline within his body, to deal with the pain in his leg, and ran towards Martyr pushing him out of the way. The debris fell onto Knightfall as he held it up over his head grunting with the effort it took.

Knightfall
Knightfall
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Martyr April 6th 2017, 4:41 pm

Martyr didn't know what else to do, so he nodded at Knightfall his thanks, and quickly decided it was time to leave. He activated his rocket boots, and flew from the collapsing building as fast as possible. However, with this Martyr knew one thing. He had to leave Canada...for good.

Martyr
Martyr
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal April 6th 2017, 7:54 pm

Medicine Woman watched the bank collapsing. She hoped it was empty of all the civilians that were inside. She waited a few minutes, her bow and arrow now lowered.

No one else was running out of the bank. Medicine Woman did see something...or perhaps someone fly straight up and out of the ruined building. It/he/she was rising too fast to see what or who it was.

Well, whatever or whoever it was had to land eventually. If he/she/it did so, Medicine Woman would try to hunt he/she/it down and then attempt to deal with the situation however she could.

Medicine Woman replaced the last arrow with the ones still left in her quiver. She then shouldered her bow. With a vow of dealing justice to the bank robbers, if she ever found them, she left the bank.

She continued walking until she knew she was way past Canada's borders. It was time to continue to search for the last remnants of her people. No matter where they were, she'd try to find them.

((Exit/End Post.))
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightfall April 7th 2017, 12:04 am

Knightfall threw the chunk of the roof away from him with a grunt as his injured leg shuddered with the effort. He could no longer see Martyr so he supposed that he had fled the building when he was given the chance. Knightfall shook his head and clenched his teeth, reaching down and tearing his bloodied flesh as he swiftly removed the arrow in his leg. Breathing heavily he manipulated the adrenaline in his body as to somewhat reduce the pain racking his body. He then made his way staggering out of a gaping hole in one of the bank's walls. Nocturne had been waiting for him outside of the bank in the parking lot. "Sir, if I may advise that we flee before the police get on our tail so to speak?" Knightfall simply nodded in response and swung his leg up over Nocturne, driving away from the scene of the crime. Once he crossed the Canadian border back into the U.S. he stopped at a local gas station paid to refill Nocturne and walked inside. "How may I help you today?" said the clerk looking him up and down. Knightfall put up one finger gesturing for him to shut up then brandished a bloody stack of money, slamming it down in front of the clerk on the counter. "Put it to better use than I would." With that statement Knightfall stormed his way out of the gas station and back onto Nocturne, driving away and leaving his earnings behind with the clerk.

Knightfall
Knightfall
Post Mate
Post Mate