The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_vote_lcapMister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_voting_barMister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_vote_lcapMister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_voting_barMister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds  Empty Mister Mist - Raymond Reynolds

Post by kyrinthian December 10th 2016, 6:51 am

Raymond Reynolds

Herald of the Dark

The Bio

Hero Name:  Mister Mist
Title:  Herald of the Dark
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Hair: White
Eyes: White
Height: 6'1
Weight: 129

The Looks

Little mix of Danny Phantom, little mix of Lobo, and tons of insecurity. He is around 6'1 and 129 pounds, tall and lanky. Pasty white skin and white hair make him look just a bit too off to mesh into society and he spends most of his time either on the street fighting crime, or keeping to himself. His suit is compromised of a leather jacket with a long trench coat like backing to it that reaches to just about his ankles, and black jeans with a black belt.

The Personality

Personality is mostly similar to an average nerdy teenager, hating authority, wanting his own space, little late in his life for a phase like this, but as he says "Its not a phase". That mixed with the awkwardness of Morty from the show Rick and Morty. Mainly meaning that he often gets into that "Oh jeez" mindset when things get rough. Often getting nervous and worried about the situation he is getting himself into, comically, but it does affect him.

The Story

Raymond Reynolds was never really just a normal kid. Born into an unstable home environment from an early age he showed signs of abnormality, in his youth this manifested as his many "imaginary" friends who'm he would often play with in the absence of real friends. As the years went on he began to come to terms with his abnormality, taking the various people he would see and the voices he would hear as just being a part of his imagination. The accident changed all of that. In the past month his imagination had started to become more... aggressive. The harmless imaginary friends and occasional random person he was used to seeing had began to distort, it started with just them looking... off ... they looked similar to themselves, but more grey, like the life was being drained from them. As the weeks went by it became progressively worse, they turned from their usual selves into something darker, their faces had become twisted dark shadows of what they once were. His concerns grew and grew until he had finally had enough, the past couple of days during his commute to and from work, he had noticed a large grouping of the twisted beings heading in one specific direction. The day he decided to investigate was a particularly dark one, the Sun grayed out by the twisting clouds in the sky. He followed the twisted beings to a small shack on the outskirts of his town. He noticed as he came closer and closer to the shack his vision started to become blurred, he continued moving towards the shack. Starting to feel a sort of pressure in the air, it made his stomach turn, but he felt himself being drawn to it. As if whatever inside was calling for him, begging him to open the door of the shack. So he did... It felt like a burst of light at first, but then he felt it. As if every single atom of his body  was being split apart, the pain was unimaginable, but he walked in. He kept his pace and continued into the shack, which was dimly lit by a couple of candles forming a circle in the center of the room. In the circle was a small black stone, fighting the pain he walked up to the circle and almost couldn't bare it. He bent down and reached his hand out for the stone, feeling the power emanate from it, pulsating out and calling to him. He took a hold of the stone and immediately everything went black. It was pitch black and devoid of any noise, he was completely surrounded by blackness and it felt like an eternity. Then just as quickly as the darkness came, it vanished. But before it did, he heard in a blood-wrenching, ominous voice "It is done". When the darkness receded he was outside of the shack, a couple miles outside. He first manifested his powers a month after the accident, his life was business as usual, until one night while he was attending a late night study session at the library of his school. On his way home from the session he had gotten lost a few blocks away from the school. He was searching around when he entered a small alleyway between two large buildings, as he was halfway through the alley two men jumped from a dumpster ahead of him, and one man from an intersecting alley behind. As the men closed in on Raymond, he panicked, he ran into the two men in front of him. Unfortunately this did nothing, the men grabbed him by the arms and restrained him, while the other man came close. This is when Raymond noticed that the first man was carrying a knife, he closed in and Raymond's heartbeat was racing, the man came closer and closer. By now he was right in front of Raymond, and that's when everything went wrong. The man thrusted his blade towards Raymond and everything went black. Raymond thought he was dead, but for some reason he was still breathing, everything was dark, but he was still breathing. He moved around a bit in the darkness, realizing that he was able to freely move about, that's when he returned. Everything came back, he could see, smell and feel the air on his skin. But he was outside of the alley. And the men were still standing in the alley, looking completely dumbfounded. That was the moment he realized that he had abilities.

The Priority

1. Agility
2. Reaction
3. Endurance
4. Strength

The Powers

1) Dimensional Travel
Can travel great distances by entering the spirit realm, traversing it and then appearing back in the physical
2) Darkness Manipulation
Able to turn parts of his body into a black mist resembling darkness. He is able to freely manipulate and harden the darkness-like mist. The mist is semi-opaque, so light can just barely get through, and it is able to block most energy blasts and physical attack up to around 2 tons (4409.24lbs or 2000kg)

The Weaknesses

1) While he is in the spirit realm he is invulnerable to attacks in the physical realm, but anyone with abilities that could potentially affect the spirit realm is able to interact with him. This includes non-physical interaction powers (telekinesis, telepathy, mind control, etc), as well as any phase shifting abilities , and magic.
2) He can never fully transform his body into mist. As he must always have some part of his body left for the generation of the mist itself. Meaning he must keep some major body part (usually torso or head) materialized to generate the mist
3) Using a combination of both of his powers can result in parts of his body being stuck in either the physical realm or spirit realm. Using his mist while phasing can cause the mist separated from his body to not be able to reconnect. Which would result in damage to his body corresponding to the mist that isn't reconnected.

The RP Sample

Moving up to the door Raymond dissipated his right arm and reached under it, hardening and turning the handle on the other side. As he opened the door he clouded the room, releasing as much mist as he could to create a smokescreen. The men inside fired a couple of shots, and then Raymond moved into the room and started to close the mist around the two men. The darkness closed in on the men and began to constrict them. Raymond squeezed the two men just enough to force all the oxygen out of their lungs, leaving them empty for just enough time to cause the men to pass out. "Oh jeez, I really hope I didn't hurt those guys" he said, walking over the unconscious bodies of the two men and towards the table in the middle of the room. On the table was an open large metal briefcase, inside lay a few small computer chips and electronic components. None of which he could properly identify, but that wasn't his problem. He was just here to grab the stolen components and leave. So he closed the case, picked it up, and left the room.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

kyrinthian
kyrinthian

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-08-24

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top