The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Lesson #1 Detail I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Lesson #1 Detail I_vote_lcapLesson #1 Detail I_voting_barLesson #1 Detail I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Lesson #1 Detail I_vote_lcapLesson #1 Detail I_voting_barLesson #1 Detail I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lesson #1 Detail

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson #1 Detail Empty Lesson #1 Detail

Post by shbmroctober22 November 9th 2009, 9:14 pm

I am going to give you two examples to posts given by a fake rper. You decide which one is better.

"Ember walked out of the bar."

And example #2

"Ember, slightly tipsy, accidentally walked into the door of the bar. "My bad" He yelled behind him as he limped out onto the street that he has always known."

Which one is better? Right, the second one. Why? DETAIL! It makes it so much easier not only to understand your post, but also to reply to it. If you do a simple one liner, then not only are you cheating yourself of the glorious joy that is RPing, you are also denying that privilege to others who may want to join that topic.

If you are starving for Ideas, don't be afraid to ask someone to look at your post. A fresh set of eyes helps everything. Also, always ask questions. "What did it feel like?" "Why was that there?" "Where was he coming from?" "Who is that guy?" "How did this happen". Also, Surroundings are big. WE all know that you are in the room, but what is in the room with you? Is the room tiled? Floored? Does it even have a ceiling? You would be surprised how much this boosts both the length of your posts, but also the quality of them.

For your first assignment, elaborate on this statement. I will then rate you, and hand out constructive criticism.

Your statement is:
"The man, ate a taco."
And.....GO!

Last edited by shbmroctober22 on November 9th 2009, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ana Powergrid
Lesson #1 Detail Ana_Grid
shbmroctober22
shbmroctober22
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Lesson #1 Detail Empty Re: Lesson #1 Detail

Post by Guest November 9th 2009, 9:17 pm

The man stood on the side of a New York street on a cracked grayish side walk a finger had written big bubba was here a group of pigeons were pecking the ground a few feet away,The man was a buisness man from Phoenix and had just arrived and spotted the taco stand.The man held a black jack taco to his lips taking a bite of the crunchy goodness lettuce fell out of the back and sighed in satisfaction of the amazing flavor.*MM now that is a taco*.He said before picking up a napkin wiping away the mild sauce he had added.

Last edited by Wolf on November 9th 2009, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist November 9th 2009, 9:18 pm

Eduard had been looking for a place to eat for a few minutes now. Pain's marijuanna was top-notch but it always gave Ed the worst case of the munchies. Finally Ed had found a taco vendor, he didn't care if the cart looked shady, Ed was unbearably hungry and needed to eat. He handed the vendor a hundred dollar bill and reached into the nearest warming tay, picking up several tacos. He bit into the first taco, nacho cheese spilling out, covering the corners of his mouth in hot orange goo. A swig of vodka washed it down before the large Australian took another big bite. Within the third bite the taco had vanished into the Aussie's gullet, prompting him to start on another.

((I don't care if it sounds weird that he has a bottle of vodka. Anyone that knows Ed, knows he has vodka with him at almost all times.))

Last edited by Slamfist on November 9th 2009, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by shbmroctober22 November 9th 2009, 9:30 pm

Wolf, I know that this isn't the lesson, but PUNCTUATION IS KEY! If you are unsure whether or not the punctuation is correct, then open up word and send it through. Other than that, pretty good. Don't just lay it all out in sections, mold it together. Instead of listing first his surroundings, then where he is from, then a whole bunch of other details, mold them together. "The man from phoenix looked at the gray sidewalk while moving his head slowly up toward the taco stand."

Slam, Where did he get the taco? Why was he at the Taco stand? No offense, but it wouldn't heart to use more...educated words. Instead of 'The large Australian took another large bite' What about 'The large Australian took a second gigantic bite' You may feel silly when you write it, but trust me, it helps.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ana Powergrid
Lesson #1 Detail Ana_Grid
shbmroctober22
shbmroctober22
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist November 9th 2009, 9:34 pm

NO. He take large bites, because he's a large Australian.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 9th 2009, 9:36 pm

lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss November 9th 2009, 9:40 pm

(( just trying my hand ))

David sighed in the mid morning air, his lungs were elated at the smell of the city, diesel smoke, cheap, greasy food, and of course, something he didn't recognize at all, David was walking down the side of a dirty street lined with stores and restaurants on either side, the state of the neighborhood was evident by the graffiti scrawled on almost every surface, and cracks in anything from the sidewalks, streets, and shop windows

David frequented a local Mexican restaurant called "La Fiesta's" it was a friendly place with a nice atmosphere and hot food, one of his favorite kinds, he trudged down the street, hands in his pockets, he had on a pair of loose fitting blue jeans and a green tank top, which showed off his musculature, his keys jingled mildly in his pocket

David arrived at his destination, the great Latino cuisine awaited him, though you couldn't tell by the look of the ramshackle building, he walked in and was immediately hit with a new motley of scents, mostly bean and beef related

He sat down at his usual table and drummed steadily on the marble top until a waiter came to serve him, he already knew what he wanted "Hola David" the tan waiter said with his thick Hispanic accent, saying his name as "Daveed", He smiled "Hey Julio, I just can't quit you guys" they both laughed at this comment "regular please" he said, Julio jotted this down and then took off to the kitchen

David waited hungrily for a while before his food came out, Julio laid a plate on the table and briskly walked away, on it lay a taco, nice and golden shell, fresh green lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded monterrey jack and cheddar cheese, delicious guacamole, tantalizing sour cream, mouthwatering shredded beef and of course, amazingly tasty salsa

David picked it up and bit into it hungrily, the salsa juice dribbled down his chin in tiny rivulets, the flavors burst into being in his mouth, flicking his tongue with their delights, David enjoyed his taco slowly, dismayed a bit when he finished, finding only a few crumbs left on his plate, he threw his money on the table and walked out, waving goodbye to the staff "ill be back tomorrow" he smiled

(( i space it out, but i don't use punctuation, like at all, so don't say anything, i know, i don't care ))

Lesson #1 Detail Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult November 10th 2009, 7:14 am

I like that Inferoo made like a page about eating tacos, to be honest I didn't even read it all it was so long.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knows, the long posts don't just stay here, don't make your posts extra long to impress admins then go out and continue to post one liners, this is for your improvement and I hope to see it do so. Good luck to all those enrolled.

Lesson #1 Detail Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 November 10th 2009, 12:04 pm

Inferoo357 wrote: ...juice dribbled down his chin in tiny rivulets, the flavors burst into being in his mouth, flicking his tongue with their delights, David enjoyed his

..........Wait, this thread is about TACOS?! Are you sure? Lol, jk. I'd post here too, but I'm not in a taco mood. Once I feel like eating a nice juicy p... erm... TACO, I'll be back. I promise 8)

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : ↑
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain November 10th 2009, 12:35 pm

LOL
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss November 10th 2009, 12:49 pm

LOL, I admit I went a little overboard, and yes, I do sometimes post one liners, though when my imagination is lacking I do TRY to post a little something of substance instead of just making a post saying "ok" and most of my posts are quite lengthy, Ive been known for lengthy posts, in fact, most complaints I get when RPing with someone is the length of my post, Pain's complained several times about me posting so much and giving him too much to read lol

Lesson #1 Detail Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Exotic Pickel November 10th 2009, 3:12 pm

Kalos walked into el burrito and ordered his usual, the flaming Green Card Taco,It was packed with jalepenos and cheese then drenced in a special sauce. When it arrived you could tell it was one spicy bastard.Kalos reached towards the taco and lifted it towards his mouth, the spicyness was felt from even before it entered his watering mouth. Then it hit him like a bitch on her time of the month, the spices and peppers scorched his taste buds like the flames of hell them self.
Exotic Pickel
Exotic Pickel
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 188
Job : Wtfproductions founder,WTF star,other star of web shows
Humor : Anything funny
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs November 10th 2009, 5:03 pm

I don't want to clutter up the topic and that but...What IS a Taco. I know I sound really english when I say this but the only taco I have seen is a cartoon thing on Simpsons...What are taco's?
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 10th 2009, 5:41 pm

A crispy outer shell with meat and vegetables inside.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs November 10th 2009, 5:42 pm

Lol thank you ^^
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top