The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_vote_lcapWe Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_voting_barWe Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 Empty Re: We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity)

Post by Chellizard May 26th 2017, 9:16 pm

The sudden compliments to his appearance took Malus by surprise. Especially coming from Matthew. This man did not seem like the kind to bat this way, despite the way he acted around of his friends, nor his outfit choices. Blinking a bit, Malus would just feel his heart wrench when Matthew's trailed off words turned into something entirely different. The idea that Pat didn't really like Malus, but only accepted the company due to just... sheer loneliness made him sad.

But, was he also doing that to Pat? Was Malus just using Pat for his own personal gain? Even if it were a fling. But, maybe not. Maybe he wasn't feeling all these things just because he felt lonely, but because he did actually like Pat. Time would have to tell.

As Matthew went on, Malus was at a loss for words. He was processing everything, his lips pressed together in a thin, firm line. He would swallowed, relaxing his face as he finally let out a sigh of annoyance.

"I like to think I am just-" but he was cut off when Matthew brought up a photograph of a painting of him. A painting. How... did he find that? What the hell? Looking at the picture, Malus became ghost pale, his olive skin as white as a sheet at this point in time.

Matthew would finish his speech, his drink, and then excuse himself. Scratching the back of his head, Malus sighed. He loosened his collar, unbuttoning the top of his shirt two times, revealing his toned chest. Tousling his own hair, Malus would just order another drink and wait by the bar, observing for the rest of the evening.

"Matt was right... I need to stop acting like a whiny little bitch! That's who I use to be, following everyone like a puppy! Not any more. I am... Malus Maximillion Annavianna-Takeiro. I'm hundreds of years old, and I'm letting some human make me a little bitch. Not any more. I just need to.. wait for the right moment." thinking to himself, he would sip his bourbon, the rich flavor enveloping his mouth as he drank.

--

Skyler was cut off by Matthew, saying he needed a moment with Luke before she talked to him. Frustration over came her, and she realized she would need to just handle this herself.

"Sure. I'll be over here." she said, offering a very fake smile, but it looked as genuine as they come. And that was part of her training.

Turning from the mass of people, Skyler headed for the stairs that would lead to the upper level, and hopefully to the security room. There had to be something going on in there. As she approached the stairs, a big bouncer was in her way. Scoffing in annoyance, she sauntered up to him after composing herself.

She adjusted her bosom, and pushed her hair from it's sloppy placement across her forehead.

"Oh, sugar. I think I lost my way to the bathroom." southern belle spilled passed her pouting lips as the bouncer cut his eyes to her. She had him.

He would begin to open his mouth to speak, but she would move forward, her hand jamming up and into his throat, knocking him unconscious in one swift motion.

"Sorry, sweetheart." stepping over him, she grabbed his set of keys and taser for extra weapons. Walking up the stairs, small flood lights would illuminate each step so she could see where to put her feet, but other than that, there was almost no light. Approaching the security door, she noticed it was left ajar. Stepping inside, she found no one in the room. Blood was spattered on the cameras, and it looked as if a struggle had went down in here.

"God. Damn. It. Aiva, I need you to be my eyes. I'm going to short circuit a few of the cameras to heat up and force the camera lenses to shatter so we can see. It won't be the best picture, but we need eyes on this club." walking to the command board after shutting and locking the door behind of her, to ensure no one would sneak up on her, she started to work. Her fingers moved over the keyboard rapidly, sending string of code after code, making the small LED bulbs to short circuit in each camera. The lens on each security camera would then start to break, one by one.

Luckily for Skyler, the loud music, massive crowd, and plethora of lights would distract from a few small security cameras seemingly breaking.

"I'm IN!" Aiva said, now giving Skyler a live feed of the club, uninterrupted.

Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 5014
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 Empty Re: We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity)

Post by Stoic May 27th 2017, 1:46 pm

"Yes, yes i am. Thank you for noticing. But, you know what they say, alcohol often reveals the truth. The truth i see now is that you two look great standing next to each other." Drifter said, making a little window with his hands, as if taking a picture.

Ash didn't seem too charmed, but he did just let Pat buy him a drink. To top it off, after Matt showed up the two went off with each other. Success! YAY! Drifter probably wasn't the reason for that, but try telling him that.

In his drunken haze, Luke made out the fact Matt wanted to talk to him. He really hoped it wasn't serious, because to be honest he wasn't equipped to deal with something like that. Regardless, he was pulled off to the side for some private conversation.

Skyler dropped by briefly, apparently also searching for him. She and Matt had a little exchange, and Drifter could only laugh. He was being pulled in three different directions.

"Girls girls girls, one at a time...." Drifter muttered as he was continuously pulled away from the loud clubbing. Eventually they would get to a private area, wherever that was, and so the apparently important stuff would begin.

"Wassup Matt? You look stressed." Drifter said, having a seat in their secluded little area. He was equal parts concerned and dismissive, really just wanting his friend to have some fun.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan May 30th 2017, 3:11 am

Having a smashed Luke around would have normally been a terrible thing, but he did make the whole flirting thing fine. Luckily getting him a  drink did give a name, Pat smiling in an almost sly fashion. ”Well, nice to meet his old pain in the ass.” He said with what sounded like good humor,  turning to see Matt walk into their little conversation with the intention of talking to two of them. Ash however deflected that by saying he wanted a few drinks with him, Pat turning to the male with an intrigued quirk of the brow. Using the nickname Matty was an interesting turn, but he said nothing about it.

The two would walk away, his eyes following Matt for a few seconds before turning back to Ash. ”I...guess I could go for a few drinks.” He said, with a sigh realizing that maybe he needed it. Maybe this was what he needed, or even wanted now of all times. He ordered himself one of those hard sodas, nothing really heavy in the way of alcohol but it did the job. ”Not like I have anywhere else to be tonight.” He then admitted with a shrug, drinking the bright orange carbonated soda drink.

”Heh, was going to say something like “Come here often?” but then my lack of social awareness would be showing.” He said with a chuckle, trying to start some small talk, or maybe just to make things go where he wanted.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

"I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?"

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity May 30th 2017, 3:55 am

"Heh. Too late there bud. So-uh how long have you and Matty uh... known each other?" He asked, he asked it very matter of factly though he had no rcollection of ever having heard of Pat or Luke. Of course they tended to keep themselves out of each other's lives too much anymore. It was a bit strange to suddenly have old friends appear from the middle of nowhere. It was horrific to recall how easily people, friends and rivals were forgotten. Ash just sighed as he turned to look at Pat with a smile, taking a sip from his drink.

Matthew sighed as he sat across the table from Drifter before running his hand in his hair and letting out a grumbling sigh. He tried to think about the confession he was about to make, and how it was going to change everything. Forever. Luke would be pissed, if he wasn't too drunk. That was just his best guess of his friend though. If he wasn't drunk he'd likely hit him, spazz out on him and call him every name in the book. All of this he was prepared for as he took in a deep breath.

"Luke. Have you...ever had something you kept from everyone? Even the people closest to you? ESPECIALLY the people closest to you?" He asked, as he sighed and pulled his glasses off and rubbed his eyes in irritation before he seemed to have a slight breath of anxiety. His eyes began to get red as his heart went a thousand beats a minute. Seriously, you'dve thought he was going to profess his undying love for Drifter, not tell him that they were the same. "I know that telling you, telling Pat...you'll hate me. You will. You'll be pissed, you'll be angry...hurt maybe. I dunno. But I...I kinda feel like I'm at the end of my rope...ya know? Like I'm...I'm not gonna....be around much longer. I-I just. I don't want there to be this dark, horriblle thing I'm keeping from you guys." Now he was crying, not sobbing but he had tears in his eyes, his anxiety through the roof.

Drifter would have his chance to react, but Skylar was in for a surprise as she and her little "daughter" managed to take to the security system of the club, viewing the back door to the entire facility. There was a sudden dimming effect on the camera, as if the power supply had been compromised, but then when the image returned, the two security guards were missing, nothing left in place. Skyler could follow this effect as it hit the camera's systematically, people and club personelle vanishing into thin air.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 8th 2017, 7:36 pm

Malus would down the rest of his bourbon. With a buzz, and newly found confidence, he decided to make himself known, but also make sure to stay mysterious and... alluring. Running a hand through his hair to tousle it, he unbuttoned his shirt a few times and adjusted the collar. He felt a wave of anxiety wash over him as he attempted to mingle into the dancing crowd, waiting for someone else to dance on him first.

A girl chose him, and then another girl. And another. Three women soon turned to a whole group, all gyrating along with him. He didn't care though. He just danced. And danced! He moved with the crowd, being mindful not to step on toes as he smirked, his melting amber eyes catching the lights as they flicked around of the large room.

As he danced, however, a smell infiltrated his senses. He stopped mid-motion and just stood there, his eyes wide. Something wasn't right, and Malus knew. But, as the smell got stronger and stronger, he felt his eyes roll into the back of his head before everything went black.

Dropping to the ground, Malus was convulsing, but no one noticed. At least, not at first glance. Two of the women he had been dancing with let out a scream. One rushed to the bar, the other dropped down and shouted for everyone to get back. He thrashed, one of his legs bent up and under him as he laid there, another arm half tucked up to his side.

How embarrassing.

---

Skyler would keep her eyes on the screens, her left eye swapping from monitor to monitor slowly while her robotic right "eye" within her eyepatch moved with precision. The information was being fed to her at high speed, the eye practically looking at every single monitor at the same time.

As she watched, she noticed one of the monitors went dim. Running her fingers over the console and then double clicking the window to blow the image up on the larger monitor, she realized that it was the back alley camera. A moment before there had been a guard, and only a short two moments later and there was no one. It kept happening. The cameras would continue to go out, one by one, and come back on to reveal people missing. Skyler had to keep up with each body that went missing, attempting to find a pattern in it.

But there wasn't one.

"God.. damnit. I've gotta get to Luke." Pushing her hair out of her eyes, she produced a bobby pin and clipped what little bangs she had left back into a punk-styled pouf. Normally she would wear her hair up in a bun, but there was barely any hair left to consider that.

Newfound basic side arm in hand, Skyler exited the security room. As she ran down the stairs, taking two at a time, she tucked the handgun into the back waistline of her jeans. Luckily for her she had chosen to wear higher waist styled jeans rather than normal low riding ones. That and her blouse covered the gun.

Moving into the crowd, she realized there was a circle of people moving to make room for someone. Her robotic right eye caught sight of who was on the floor. Malus. He had shared his name with her in the hallway.

Cursing under her breath, she shoved through the people and got down onto a knee, stabilizing his head as she turned him up onto his side.

"I'm a Doctor. Move back." she said, gently patting Malus on the side of his face.

"Come on now. We need you to get up, slowly." Skyler's silver left eye would stare down at Malus, worry mixed with annoyance rushing through her.

-My DeviantArt-
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic June 10th 2017, 3:48 am

When Matt opened up, it was always weird. He wasn't one to confide in people about his problems, at least not in the same way Luke had countless nights. It was an interesting script flip, but not one that was too weird to handle. Even while drunk, Drifter was a deep thinker. His self engineered philosophies still came through. Luke paused, thinking over the words his friend had said. He shook his head left and right.

"Matt........... You've been my friend for a long time...... No, you've been my brother. We keep the things you're talking about away from the one's closest to us to keep them safe. Even if that is irrational, it's human nature. We don't want the one's we love to see the darkest parts of ourselves. So my answer is yes, i have kept plenty to myself, but no, i can tell you, i won't hate you." Luke said. His eyes were glazed, but his words were true.

"You know me.... I might get angry, and i might pick apart what you did to call you out for it, but nothing will break what you, me, and Pat have......" Drifter said. He then rubbed his face, sighing as he let his words sink in. There was a commotion in the crowd, but his conversation with Matt wasn't done yet.

"I'm a fucking murderer, Matthew. I'm a liar, and I'm a manipulative bastard......... If you can still stick with me after all we've been through, then whatever you have to say......... Say it. I already forgive you." Luke said. It was at this point that it was evident something was going on, and this conversation would need to conclude quickly. Hopefully Matt decided to say what he intended.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan June 10th 2017, 5:54 pm

Well, at least he had that part of him out in the open despite how terrible that would make things go. For a moment he even forgot why they were here, though he was sure that was being dealt with with Luke and then eventually with him. For now maybe he could just enjoy whatever was going on here. What that was could be considered a whole other beat entirely really. ”How long have we known each other?” He scratched his chin ponderously, looking up and then back to Ash. ”I’d say between 2 or 3 years. We’re pretty tight as far as friends go I guess.” He shrugged, unsure how he would get that across. ”You two must be pretty close if you can call him Matty without any kind of flipping out.” Pat suggested with a smirk, tone more curious than anything else.

Well, from his experience that would happen when he said anything like Matty. That was when he noticed something, it looked like a commotion within someone on the dance floor. ”Wonder what that’s all about?” He muttered to himself, trying to peer around someone but getting close to giving up on that when he noted it was Malus or Marcus, he forgot now. Great, here comes the regret. He sighed, downing the drink he had in one go.

He wasn’t married to the idea of getting up now. Plus there was a doctor, which meant everything was fine now or maybe would be. The drink was starting to get to him now. There was nothing he could do to help anyway, so he would let Luke's girlfriend deal with it.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity June 20th 2017, 11:57 pm

Luke had a moment to express the heartfelt mushy stuff that was emotions and acceptance. Truly it would have made Matt cry, if he didn't know that Luke was plastered out of his mind. He sighed when he thought things over. If there was ever a time to tell Luke, it was now. But to tell him when he was drunk was a bit of a cheap shot, taking the easy way out. He couldn't begin to fathom the level of frustration and hormonal bullshit he'd be getting into once Luke sobered up and Pat was made aware. He wasn't sure if he could handle the passive aggressive and dickish combo. He'd need a cyanide pill on back-up.

"Luke...The only reason I didn't want you guys getting into the whole...vigilante thing was because I was trying to keep you safe. Because I...I know first hand how hard ti can be. My mom, my dad and my brothers are all metahuman vigilantes and I... I haven't been honest." Matthew said as he tried to collect himself, taking a deep breath in and exhaling. "Luke, I'm not the same Matt you knew. Not by a long shot. The truth is Luke, I'm Huma-n." Matt's voice trailed off as he looked over, noting that Malus had fallen down. His friend, Ashtyn had been sitting there with Pat and stood up, looking shocked and almost reading Malus for whatever reason. A faint white fog began to lift, originally it was believed to be simply part of the club's theatrics...alas it was not so.

"Yeah, we're pretty close. Same school, same sports. Same recreations. Been a good guy for a long time.... I uh.... I actually used to be his bully." He laughed a little, slightly nervous as he took a sip before shrugging. "I bullied him and he was the best friend I couldda asked for." He said as he coughed a little, he couldn't get over the faint smell of the smoke on his overshirt. Suddenly there was a gasp and the crowd all reacted, Ash shooting up to his feet and walking over to see Skylar proclaiming the fact she was a doctor.

The next thing he knew, Ash had heard a shot ringing out as glass fell from the ceiling. Screaming could be heard as a white fog permeated throughout the dance floor. Arrows flew out and people dropped dead, the masses began to run out and immediately the attention of the vigilante's were caught. The crowd began to trample one and other to escape as bodies began to litter the area. Soon enough dozens upon dozens of ninja like warriors stood in the colorful lights, surrounding the nearly empty building, letting people exit, except for the vigilantes and their dates.

Matthew saw the smoke and then watched Malus fall, he became alert but then just barely noticed something out of the corner of his eye, behind the stage, off to their side. A mask that sent terror into his heart. Matthew knew immediately what was going on and he dove onto Luke, using his body as a shield as three blow darts sunk into his shoulder, where the nape of Luke's neck had been. People were yelling, screaming and scampering to escape. Ash must have been lost to the chaos, as he had seemed to vanish as the room emptied.

"This lifestyle was bound to catch up with you sometime..." A voice mused from behind a black, terrifying mask as a man emerged from behind the stage, the couple dozen samurai ninja warrior looking men kneeling, save for the two that stood at his heels. The first was a individual in black armor with a blood read hood and vestment on. The samurai sword in his hand seemed to shimmer black and the small metallic fragments on his leggings seemed to consume light. The second warrior was a thing of nightmares. It had red and maroon colors meshed into black, the man was more monster than anything else with gnashing fangs across the face plate and formfitting armor with ribbing and indentations, flame like plumes of spikes protruding from the forearms and shins, an frayed and bloodied scarf-looking accessory dangling behind him. The individual speaking to them, however appeared to be little more than simply a living shadow and a floating mask within.

Spoiler:

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 10th 2017, 10:43 pm

Skyler would help Malus up, but then shit hit the fan. Too bad it wasn't literal shit. She could have more easily dealt with that. Nothing like a hot shower and some hotel shampoo couldn't fix.

But no. There were ninja's, arrows, and people dying.

She had to think fast. She really did not want to, but the only option was to blow her cover as a normal 'human' to Luke's friends and save these people or just let them die. She couldn't let them die. She had to do something. These people were innocent. She, on the other hand, was not.

Skyler would grab a chair from a table and use it to have Malus hang on before she, herself, started to step in front of arrows that were shot at pedestrians. They pierced her shoulders, arms, thighs, chest, and waist. A few of them pierced straight through her arms. She would grunt in pain, but she saved about twenty lives doing this. Finally, she felt herself come to her knees, a gasp peeling passed her lips.

"How did you find me..." she finally said, the shadow-like person with the terrifying black mask offering a short chortle in response.

"Oh, Doctor Karma. I wasn't referring to you my dear, but... We'll let you have your turn." he did not move, there was no emotion, but his voice sent chills down Skyler's spine.

She felt a numb sensation wash over her. It could be the fact that all of these arrows were dipped in a potent poison and her body was warding it off, slower than normal due to the high levels she had endured, or the fact she had been hit with twenty arrows in general. She was betting on the former.

Taking a sharp breath through her nose, her body began to reject the arrows, her flesh forcing the barbed arrowheads to move backward. It hurt like hell, but it was better than keep arrows jabbed into herself. As soon as the two that were in her right arm were gone, she started to rip the others out of her shirt. It was now a tattered mess, and blood stained the floor below her. But, she would live. She felt the slightest bit groggy, but she would manage.

"Then who the hell are you here for?" she asked, her form standing confidently, yet defensively. She would wait to hear what "Fear" had to say... he was, after all, the one in charge and the one that wanted to take her life all those years ago. All over her refusing to join him.

---

Malus would find consciousness again, his body being propped up against a chair. Everything was a blur, and the smell was still giving him a headache, but it wasn't as bad as it had been earlier. It was different now. He could smell... blood? A ringing in his ears finally stopped and was, sadly, replaced with screams of terror as a slew of ninja's appeared, arrows raining down on the pedestrians in the club.

Lives were being taken left and right, and Malus was stuck trying not to seize again. Panic rushed over him when he realized he was here with Pat! Trying to stand up, he fell right back down and looked around. His eyes got wide when he noticed Skyler get hit with a barrage of arrows. What was even more bizarre was when she started to... heal? What?

Watching in awe, Malus would attempt to stand himself up, this time more successful than the last time.

"Pat!" he would call out, worry lacing his voice but, when he realized Pat was okay, he just sighed with relief and got his footing better. What were these people doing here, and why was it like Skyler knew them? And if they didn't really want to be here for her, then who the hell were they here for?

It took Malus a few more moments until he realized the only people left standing was himself, Skyler, Pat, Matt, and Luke. That was it.

What was going on?

-My DeviantArt-
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic July 11th 2017, 2:02 am

Matt seemed to be wearing his heart on his sleeve tonight. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but Luke wasn't exactly used to it. Yes, him and Matthew had deep conversations all the time, but anything that more then skimmed his friend's own issues didn't make but a brief appearance.

Matt seemed to be building to something, some punchline, some confession. Even while drunk, Lukas was hanging on every word. As the tension built, he wanted to know more and more what his closed off brother was going to say. Of course, because this is fiction, Drifter wouldn't get a chance to hear it. Fucking ninjas.

Unexpectedly thrown from his chair by Matt, who had seemingly taken a shot intended for him, Luke immediately went into freak the fuck out mode. With blurry senses and fear for Matt, Drifter did the old vigilante once over. Exits, attackers, potential weapons, assets, chances of making it out of here alive. None of it looked good, especially when Luke saw what happened to Skyler.

He couldn't protect everyone. Hell, he couldn't even protect himself. This was reckless. He let his guard down for just a moment, and now all hell was breaking loose.

They were fucked.

Drifter stood, a glare on his face as he stared the shadow man down. After the leader of these ninja creeps spoke, and his words had time to hit the air, a faint smile finally broke Luke's serious expression. Moments later, it turned into a laugh.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Was all that could be heard from the young man for a solid twenty seconds. He was holding his stomach in apparant laughing pains. He was in a fit.

Finally, the vigilante wiped his face off with a brush of his hand, moving the hair from his eyes. The smirk still played on his face. He was screwed and he knew it, everyone here was. To run was to abandon his friends, and to fight was death. It was so anticlimactic, so, so hilarious.

"This lifestyle? You mean the partying? Or, do you mean the vigilante lifestyle? Either way, um, you aren't making much sense. If you mean the vigilante lifestyle, well, if i had stuck to that and decided to not come have some fun here tonight, this wouldn't be happening, so it isn't that lifestyle's fault. If you mean the boozing, well, yeah, but i already knew my liver was fucked. You don't gotta remind me." Drifter said in classic Dirfter fashion. It was a bit of a hobby of his to deconstruct a person's words, even if it got him nowhere. Drifter drew his 9mm pistol, not pointing it at anything just yet, and moved over to Matt's body.

"Sorry Matt. This seems like the end of the road. Not gonna leave you here, not gonna leave Pat here, and not gonna leave Sky here. It was a good run." Drifter said. Immediately after saying that, Luke turned the gun on himself. The smirk was still on his face.

"Now, I don't know what you want, and i frankly don't care, but I'm sure it has something to do with punishing someone for one thing or another. Revenge, justice, whatever.  The end result here is i get killed in a way that isn't by my choice, or i get tortured, OR, something equally shitty happens. Can't run, can't fight, can't hide.... So ya know what? Fuck it." Drifter said. His finger slowly pressed onto the cold metal of the trigger, the mechanisms audibly clicking as the action was performed. It would only take a moment from now, and Drifter would have a bullet through his chest.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan July 25th 2017, 8:28 pm

Used to be his bully, well that was an odd thing to admit to being. Pat arched a brow at the male, but didn’t seem to say anything in regards to that immediately. ”Well, that’s...something.” He mentioned, sipping at his drink with a tone that suggested he did find that interesting. He was going to say something, though a gasp rang through the room before he could say anything else. Mind snapping to some level of action, just as tendrils of smoke  began to reach through the room. Arrows whizzed through the air and a few people dropped with hideous thuds. ”You’ve...got to be kidding me.” Pat groaned under his breath, ducking under the table he had been sitting at.

He really wished he had a weapon right now. It would have felt nice to have one, though not like he could do much for it right now. Keeping down, he noted that people were running out, faint shadows within the smoke. What he was hoping to do was find was Matt and Luke, maybe  go from there. Someone had called for him, though his mind was all took keen on looking for prior mentioned two people.

Crawling through a club being attacked by ninjas, this was going to suck.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity August 29th 2017, 4:21 pm

Matt groaned as he reached up and hit Lukas' hand, throwing the barrel off course a bit as the shot clipped his shoulder instead. Matthew coughed a bit as he rolled over and reached back, starting to reach for the darts in his back. After a struggle he managed to remove them before groaning about feeling a little off. He brushed himself up before looking to Luke in shock.

"They're not here for you..." Matthew said as he tried to stand up straight, fixing his glasses.

"Oh too true, Matthew." The voice said, a chuckle rumbled a little as the many warriors remained stationary. Matthew closed his eyes and exhaled a slight sigh at the mention of that name. "We have come for the Son of The Minister, Brother of Archangel and Rapture. The gift of God himself." a few of the ninjas began to move closer. Matthew put his hands up and walked forward.

"As for the rest of you....your interference will not be tolerated. Therefore, we have prepared a little game to ensure your cooperation." The figure said as he looked to all the vigilantes and their perspective plus-one's. His eyes fell to Karma once again before they narrowed. If one could see beneath the hood and the fetid mask they could only imagine a wide Cheshire smile glimmering behind. "I do so love a game of cat and mouse, don't I, Doctor?"

"I don't, so cut to the chase." Matthew said as he looked to Pat, then Luke and the Malus and Skyler. He didn't know what to do, even as Humanity. He hadn't thought that the Bloodmoon would have made such a brazen statement as attacking him here, like this.

"Oh so impatient...raised in such a family, I would have expected more of you. Though, what can one expect of a murderer?" The man said as he pulled a curved blade from his back. "Everyone in this room is to run. Run until daylight while we give chase. Run, for if you do not, then it is not you who shall receive my blade, but you whom will be scarred."

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard November 29th 2017, 2:20 am

Malus was at a loss for words. So many things had just happened all at the same time. If he had been any other person, or just your average guy, he would be much more terrified than he was in this instance. However, he wasn't.

And he had to make sure he was brave for Pat. He had to do it in order to make sure that the rest of these people were safe, too.

A sudden gunshot drew his attention, his auburn eyes snapping to look at Luke, blood coming from his shoulder quite rapidly. Oh boy.

--

Skyler stood still, her body finally patched back up, the stinging pains of being shot with the poisonous arrows fading away to become an afterthought.

"If they're not here for me, or you... then what in the world is going on?" she asked, looking to Matthew as soon as she heard the gunshot.

She then realized that, as the last word left her lips, Luke was the one that had been shot. She moved to him faster than a normal human could perceive. Unlucky for her, these men were not your average men.

Two of them scooped her before she could get to Luke, a grunt passing from her as a knee made it's way into her solar plexus.

The air left her lungs for a second before she gasped and looked back toward "Fear," if that was even him.

She wanted nothing more than to start tearing apart these people, but the next words she heard made her feel her stomach drop.

"... A game?" she muttered, her left eye transfixed onto the man in the hood, the smokey like appearance swirling underneath of it hiding the true man deep inside. But he wasn't really a man. He was just... an entity. It was something she had yet to figure out, really.

Pushing back from the two men in front of her, she quickly smashed their hands together, temporarily sedating them in order to get herself over to Lukas. Applying pressure to his wound was easy, but making sure he didn't pass out from blood loss was the hard part.

---

Malus would contemplate what to do. His mind was going a million miles a minute. His main goal was to get these people to safety, but he also had to choose who to save. Pat, Matthew, or Lukas. It seemed that this Skyler woman had everything under control. But, he had to choose. Pat or Matthew. The obvious choice was Patrick, considering that was his date, and the main reason he was out here tonight mixed up with scary samurai and smokey men.

The two men that Skyler had bashed the heads together stood up, rolling their shoulders before moving toward her. Malus saw this as an opportunity. He made his way over to Pat and moved to place a hand on his waist to guide him out, if Pat even let him.

"We need to leave. The man said to run or we're going to be scarred. I vote we run. There's no point in getting tied up in this shit." Malus said with an urgency in his voice.

He really wanted to go when it seemed as if everyone else wanted to stay.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic December 1st 2017, 6:17 pm

Oh. Ya know, fuck this.

"You're..... a dumbass, Matt....." Luke said, grunting as he held the bullet wound in his arm. It seized with pain, like a constant taser under the skin. He gently opened his jacket, trying not to hurt himself. When Drifter finally got it open, some of his Kevlar and metal plated armor was revealed. Unfortunately it wasn't his normal armor, just a vest, because his normal stuff would have stopped the bullet that ripped through his fucking shoulder. Apparently Luke had played his part so well, not even Matt saw through it.

"Who the fuck shoots themselves in the chest? If i really wanted to kill myself because of this dumb shit, i would have put a bullet in my head. No, when confronted with odds that are impossible, you play dead.... You don't actually die..... Not every night is the fucking train. Thanks for getting me shot," Drifter tried to pull himself up to a sitting position against the wall, having been knocked to the ground by the shot. Thankfully, he was successful, but that didn't make the pain any less terrible.

"Now I'm pissed the fuck off. You all are dicks, invading my space on my day off........... And my God, update your wardrobe. Historically inaccurate Japan called, and they want their style back," Luke drunkenly quipped. It was at that point that Skyler got to him, putting pressure on his wound. It was nice to have a Doctor as a girlfriend, especially with how much trouble that seemed to follow her. Luke sluggishly pointed to a bottle of vodka on the table next to him, requesting Skyler to get it. If she didn't, he would exert himself a bit and grab it himself. He took a swig just as the leader of this group told them to run.

"Yeah, ok, fine, whatever. It will be more of a sluggish walk at first... Sorry, kinda shot here, and a little bit drunk. Gonna need to give me a little head start in this game of tag," Luke said. He was quite aware how lightly he was taking this, and that it was actually serious, but his mind was a little too numb to think that way right now.  

He would sit up further, put his hand on Skyler's face, then give her a kiss.

"Let's go.... We don't have any other choice." Drifter tried to use Skyler as a prop, getting to his feet. He needed to get his wound tied up if he was to move quickly, but he would worry about that once outside. These guys didn't seem like the patient type.

"Coming, guys?"

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan July 3rd 2018, 5:43 pm

It was times like this that Pat was grateful they were in a bar, so full of alcohol and various other nice things. Clear bottles of vodka and what he assumed were scotch were carefully cradled within his hands, as many as he could carry. A few even pressed into the crooks of his arms as he kept crouched behind what he felt like was a bar, rummaging through what wouldn’t be needed at the moment. He was sure Ash and Malus wouldn’t mind his little disappearing act. Why didn’t he bring his messanger bag? Not that anyone would have expected to be suddenly assaulted by shinobi rejects who seemed to have a hate on for Matt. Apparently they also had some cat and mouse game that involved chasing them until morning.

”Okay, this is officially the worst night out ever.” He muttered, barely making note of Malus with narrowed eyes, as the male seemed to be leading him somewhere with a hand around his waist. He didn’t argue with the procession, still trying to keep the potential molotov fuel in hand. Not that he didn’t expect Luke to have some kind of incendiary things, but having things now was more important than maybes. If they were fighting ninjas, he didn’t want to be at their mercy an entire night when Pat was more than aware of his lacking stamina. Ten minutes and he knew he would have his pretty little throat slashed open. No ifs ands or buts about that little fact.

”Gotta agree on him with this one. Fighting  weird ass ninjas is not in my job description.” Not without some kind of plan anyhow, because that would have been a pain in the ass and he didn’t need people somehow being set on fire. Not good for the whole no killing gig goin on. That was when he noticed that Luke had been shot, eyes going wide in a deer in the headlights fashion. ”And now this. Let’s...just get the fuck out of here.” He hissed through clenched teeth, quickly pushing through the doors outside with the cold night air serving as a means to propel him forward. ”Gotta admit, I have no idea what i’m doing.” He finally said, trying to conjure a plan from the aether.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus July 3rd 2018, 11:55 pm

Matthew was concerned. Not for himself, for those he called his friends. Already they had been harmed, damaged and sent on an impossible mission because of him. At least if this had been Bolt or Cypher they would have had a damn chance on evading these guys. He looked to the leader, Fear and his eyes narrowed, and he couldn't help but realize what form of grand design he had in store. This was not going to be an enjoyable evening.

"You...I like." The masked leader said with a hearty and yet somehow sinister laugh as he pointed to Luke. "Fifteen minutes..." He said as he snapped his fingers. The Bloodmoon agents flourished their weapons, then sheathed them as they utilized a very familiar wrist-like attachment to grapple themselves to the ceiling, disappearing in the darkness above. The slight sound of feet on metal beams faintly echoing. There was nothing he could do, not without revealing himself. Fear would wait until the others had left.

"For the first time since I've met you that night in the alley...I smell fear." He said, though he did not sound so sinister. His hands came up and he pulled off his mask, ripping down his hood and peeling away the veil of secrecy.

"You don't have to do this. Walk away. You know what you're doing is wrong..." Matthew said, attempting to remind his old mentor exactly of the morality they once shared. Before despair overtook one, and hopelessness the other. There wasn't even a cinematic pause, it was immediately responded to with a fist burying itself into Matthew's ribs, a sickening crack heard as he dropped to his knees.

"You must answer for your crimes, Akuyaku. Tsukiyomi demands it." He said with a sigh. "Now we will see if your love for your NEW brothers is stronger than your love of yourself. We have brought in an old friend. The Inquisitor, you remember him I'm sure." He said as he motioned with his arm, a very strangely dressed member arrived, wearing a gold trimmed cloak with an empty void of darkness over his face, the rest of his front torso was exposed to reveal his several ornate tattoos on pale, ashen skin. Black traditional leggings accompanied by sandals clicked on the ground as the man stood, his hands together with hsi fingers laced within one and other.

"Your friends run until daylight. If they are caught, we will kill you. However... if we fail to extract the information we need from you... we will kill the people that mean most to your beloved friends...and yourself." He said as he looked to the Inquisitor, nodding and stepping aside. "If they catch your friends too quickly...then you cannot tell us what we need, thereby we will execute our promise and remove Patrick's mother, and Lukas' brother from this world to accompany you to the gates of Hell. However...if you tell us, then the only one who dies here tonight...is you. Food for thought. Perhaps you can finally save someone selflessly." Fear said as he placed the mask back upon his face and walking off. Leaving Humanity with The Inquisitor.

"They deserve to know...By the writ of Honor, I demand you proclaim your advantage over the lessers you have challenged." Matthew began, but he was quickly kicked with a wooden sandal, sent flying onto his back as the darkness coiled arond his wwrists, transforming into solid chains of black liquid. The Inquisitor grumbled as he reached down and picked the man up by his throat.

The group had departed and made their way out into the town. They had only so much time before they were pursued. If fifteen minutes wasn't enough time then there was going to be a problem. No doubt someone would bring up the idea of driving away to out-maneuver the ninja-kin clan through sheer speed. Of course there could even be the potential of a trap or some form of last-ditch effort to make a save. Lukas was bleeding, though thankfully it wasn't fatal. Skylar had the healing factor and Malus was just starting to warm up to the situation...though proved to be the most...prudent to the situation.

There was a great curiosity about this group, something that wasn't understood about them. they were a very different group of individuals, that much was certain. It wouldn't be long now before the game was in it's total field of view. There would be a buzzing on Luke and Pat's phones, a group message had been sent from Matthew's number.

We have the younger brother of Lukas and the mother of Patrick. When we catch you, we kill Matthew and that will lead to their untimely ends as well. You have been warned. My honor remains intact. The text said, it probably caught on quickly that Matthew wasn't using his own phone. But the others were made aware of the full stakes of this fucked up game. It was times like this that weaknesses such as honor were very useful tools. Especially when Matthew wasn't capable of defending himself for a moment. His cell phone, on the other hand was quite useful.

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) - Page 4 Asmode10
Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 145
Job : The Progenitor of Robo-sapiens
Humor : :red:
Registration date : 2015-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top