The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_vote_lcapFrom light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_voting_barFrom light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

From light to dark, as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) Empty From light to dark, as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only)

Post by Humanity August 23rd 2016, 3:16 pm

The streets of Los Angeles were filled to the brim tonight. Celebration sang out through the streets as the entire city seemed to be alive in the dead of night. The cause for celebration? To celebrate. For some reason tonight the spirit of the party had spread through the streets. The bars and clubs were lit up and packed full. The parks housed conglomerates of people, and continued to snag in every stranger that passed. Matthew found it to be akin to that of a blood clot, and as every blood clot eventually would...this one would eventually cause tragedy.

He walked the streets, beautiful and bright neon signs flashing, the small hum of an electrical buzz drowned out by the sounds of people cheering and laughing. Others parading around and simply singing out whatever drinking songs came to mind. Much to his dislike he couldn't help but notice that there were even children stumbling about with a parent. The irresponsible nature of mankind never ceased to amaze him. Every time Matt had seemed to gain hope in them, even be it only a rice grain, he'd quickly find someone else to boil and eat it. This place was a cancer to him, large bloody ulcer profusely discharging it's infectious contents in a disgusting splotch. Throughout the rumble and tumble of laughter and navigating the streets, stopping in care that one of the hundreds of drunk drivers in this area didn't have a prayer of hitting him.

He may have been a civilian for the moment, but Matthew continued to walk ever prepared, ever perceptive. Every face he memorized detail. Every posture and stance. He knew what exactly was in everyone's hand as he passed, all without ever saying a word. He continued to walk, trying to make it home, trying to keep under the radar. As fate would have it, however, that wasn't in his cards. Not tonight. A sudden shot rang out through the air, several people gasped and many of them began to look around, but none of them moving from their comfortable little cliques. Matt took off running in the direction of the shot. Twisting, turning and navigating a labyrinth of alleyways, his shoes splashing through puddles of water as he sprinted, the rapid tapping of his feet becoming more pronounced. Eventually it all came down to a mostly unlit alleyway. Darkness covered most of it, save for a lone pale light that flickered on and off above and the pale orange lights of the city cast behind him.

Out of breath he swallowed and beheld the visage laid before him. A man in a business suit, his wallet on the ground and pictures laid out, as if spilled or removed from it's square leather casing. The beautiful pictures of children and family were decorated, adorned and christened by  streaks of the man's blood, which splattered the alleyway before him, as small amounts of blood still oozed from the hole in the man's head.  Immediately looking over the man there wasn't too much Matthew didn't notice. The man was in handcuffs, he had been on his knees and he was shot in the back of the head, indicative from where the blood splattered and the exit wound. The smell of iron filled his nose, the faint echoes of movement in the nearby alleyways caressed his eardrum and his eyes began to dilate as he began to worry. His heart was racing, his hair sticking up on end as he tried to focus and center himself.

The sound of sirens could be heard in the distance, but he had to think quickly. did he risk waiting here and encountering a hero? Did he stay here and risk confrontation with the police? Sure it wasn't like he was in costume...but it was undesirable. Thinking quickly, he displaced his phone, tossing it up on a nearby fire-escape, hoping that nothing too important was disrupted. Then he took the phone form the man's pocket and went over to the side of the crime scene and slid himself down on the wall, knees pressed to his chest.  Fixing the beanie on his head and pushing his glasses up his nose, he folded his peacoat a bit tighter as he brought the victims' phone to his face and dialed 911. The sweat beading on his face and coating his back as his shirt began to bunch up uncomfortably.

Deciding to stay may have been the death of him... but that remained to be seen. At least there were none of those heroes to worry about....yet...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) Empty Re: From light to dark, as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only)

Post by Dusker August 23rd 2016, 4:25 pm

Tyler walked around the central area of Los Angeles, watching the world go by as he did so. Everyone was having a good time as they all would at this time of day. People could be found scattered across the streets with bottles and notes in hand, young and old had been enjoying themselves in unison. To Tyler it was almost heart warming.

As he walked he saw a group of girls that looked in their early twenty's walk out of a nightclub with arms slung across each other. "Make sure not to hurt yourself." he smiled as they got close to him, nearly falling over as they did. The girls gave him a look of disgust as they walked past him, almost telling him telepathically 'Who asked for you, weirdo?'

When they looked at him like that and walked away Tyler sighed. "I have no luck with the ladies do I?" he muttered as he thrust his hands into the pockets of his jeans. The phantom answered the mumble 'No you do not.' He then walked into a local takeaway and grabbed a can of Soda.

As he cracked open the soda and took a swig he heard a loud bang, dropping the can at the noise. He then looked to words the shots direction to see a man, a dead one at least, slowly falling to the ground with a hole in his head. He ran over to the dead body to see a guy with a phone in hand, dialing 911.

He then looked into the hole in the mans head. "Sniper bullet." he muttered before looking at the guy with phone in hand. "You. Whats your name?" he asked before looking at the dead man further.

He noticed the handcuffs around the guys hand, appon seeing this he built the scenario in his mind. 'Guy escapes from either the police or a bad guy trying to torture him. He's then tracked down by someone, either a bad guy or a fellow like myself, and shot threw the back of the head by said person.' he deducted...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My stuff:
Dusker
Dusker
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2016-07-29

Back to top Go down

From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) Empty Re: From light to dark, as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only)

Post by Humanity August 26th 2016, 12:14 am

Someone inevitably came, causing Matthew to lower the phone and swallow, feigning nervousness before taking in a shaky breath. It couldn't have been one of the nice guys either that were compassionate to someone whom just saw someone's head get blown off. Nope they just had to be one of the high-stress situation types over every little thing. Someone had been shot; Welcome to L.A this is not all that uncommon. Unfortunately, that didn't mean that it wasn't within either of their personal-imposed jurisdictions. When he was refered to as "You" and then was demanded his name he just remained shaken a bit, his breathing was off and his heart racing from the self-induced panic-like symptoms. Blinking frequantly and licking his lips he looked around as he started to tear up.

"I-I...I-uh. I'm I-We, no. We weren't even supposed to....no. No. I'm just. I wasn't supposed to even come this way. I just figured this would be quicker and I heard the noise I jumped and then he was." He put his forehead on his knees and began to breath in steadily, as if trying to calm himself down. He shook his head and closed his eyes, small tears beginning to fall. He honestly didn't give two shits about this guy, but if he was going to play the part he'd have to play it well.

"I don't even know what happened. We just...We were walking and...bang." He said as he began to shake a little, dropping the phone and leaning his head back, taking in a deep breath before staring right at Dusker and the body. It was true, he didn't answer Dusker's question, but that's for a good reason. No witness to a crime would ever trust a total stranger who just came up and began muttering things like "sniper bullet" to themselves without any form of identification. He actually just heard from a friend of his not too long that their friend actually found a superhuman carrying swords onto a plane and though he could get away with it just because he wrote "I'm a superhero" in sharpie on his license or whatever it was.

"Jesus man...I-I gotta call the cops." he said, partially expecting (and honestly hoping) the person would have enough of an idea to stop him, but if not then the damage would be done as is.

Spoiler:

From light to dark,  as human morality be more akin to Dusk (Invitation Only) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusker August 26th 2016, 4:43 pm

When heard the guy saying he had to call the cops he looked at him and smiled before telling him "No need, I've got it." He then looked down to the guy on the floor and tried to find out anything else that could help him solve this mystery.

He then picked out the guy's wallet and looked inside to see if there was anything that could lead him to a potential contact, maybe his workplace number or an address. As he rooted threw the wallet he found something that might be of use to him, a business card for what seemed to be from a law firm, possibly the guys workplace.

"Yes!" he exclaimed as he jotted down the address and phone number of the law firm. He then looked back at the guy on the floor and held out his hand, offering to help him. "Come on dude, there's no need to cry." he said with a calm tone when he saw the guy had been crying due to the blotchiness of the area around his eyes...

My stuff:
Dusker
Dusker
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2016-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity August 27th 2016, 5:21 pm

Well that certainly proved him wrong.. That's what he gets for jumping to assumptions. The guy jus had priorities that were a little jumbled up in Matt's eyes. Then again you have Humanity running around and all he does is blow the other bad guys up and leaves their victims there for the heroes to deal with. Perhaps priorities weren't the best thing to be debating within ones head at the moment. Of course he tried to start wiping his eyes with his sleeve and he stook the man's hand, getting an assist to stand.

"I just. God damnit... My name's Matt." He said before looking back to Dusker and clearing his throat. He was still shaking but h was trying to get himself back together, to seem like less of a train-wreck of emotions at that moment. "D-did you get anything? Anything that will help? It...It sorta sounded like shot was the same claiber as a 9 milimeter." He offered up. Of course the only reason he knew this was because he was a vigilante that had been doing this shit entirely too long. Caliber of guns all had different sounds, and each one could be picked up on if one was initiated into what they needed to listen for. Sharp sense of hearing helped too. "Should we...stay for the cops?" the question was almost genuine, but then again he really didn't want to. The more they stayed the more it looked like they had done it.

Flipping the man's phone open he began to take pictures of the area around them, trying to be a little discrete, but not overly. Dusker was too busy searching the man anyway to probably notice. He then moved onto the contacts and the last phone numbers that had been seen. What he saw shocked him a little. Meanwhile Dusker had found a neatly folded piece of paper inside the man's wallet that read;

TO: The People
BY: The People

Despite the fine writing skills the addressing was written in blood, if there had been any guess it was safe to say it was the victims. Dusker would find that the man's knees were drenched and there had been absolutely no sign of struggle. The handcuffs had something written in Latin on them, the words circling around the victim's wrists. And of course there had been bootprints closeby, ones that did not appear to be like the man's shoes, not the boots anyone nearby had been wearing.

Quod fit iustitia . Alligata est legi . Averni per hominem.

"Uhm. H-hey. It looks like he had some recent calls..." He showed them to Dusker. The most recent call was a blcoked number that went directly to voicemail. He began to try and punch in some passwords, wondering what was to come of this.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top