The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_vote_lcapDarkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_voting_barDarkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) Empty Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG)

Post by Arcana August 11th 2016, 11:09 pm

Black like death the mists rolled over the tumultuous waters, curling as they appeared to grow ever thicker. The ship rocked within the water, slowing down as it edged ever closer towards the thick fog. ”Damn, this thing looks pretty bad, reeks of nether too.” Sean thought to himself, leaning over the bow of the ship as if that would giver him a better glimpse. He was dressed for this kind of thing, a thin black tshirt under a black hoodie, with a pair of cargo shorts that he tended to shove things in.This only really lead to him confirming that the mist was indeed very thick, so he would have to actually venture into it. Inhaling deeply for a moment, Sean turned on his heels and approached the cabin, one that empty.

Honestly, he didn’t need anyone else coming with him and including anyone else would have put lives at risk. The vessel itself, as out of shape as it looked was kept moving with his mastery of water magics alone, trudging along and releasing small wakes. Moving something this small however, well it didn’t cause any real strain upon his magical stores and so he was fine expending some energy.

Just from the shade of the sky visible, he could tell that t was approaching dusk, that time when colors bloomed across the sky. Winds blew, parting the black mist, pushing back grasping tendrils of mist that sought to creep over anything within it. Shadows of half broken boats floated within the waters, shattered as if by a great fist. Glowing silver eyes narrowed upon them, considering even harder what could have caused such terrible damage. Something was coming to LA and it was, likely more dangerous than originally thought.

A trill cry sounded off in the distance, a bird but not a gull.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) Empty Re: Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG)

Post by The Nekromonga August 12th 2016, 1:22 am

Near the edge of the mists, a lone figure emerged from the water and up onto a large wreck. Dragon Girl wore her uniform, a sort of armor/dive suit made of gray nano weave material. It helped her blend with the water, and she went highly unnoticeable as she investigated the damage, taking in the smell.

It was a foul smell. Otherworldly, and not the usual aliens- but something wholly supernatural.

Once she could find no more clues, June slipped back into the water. The sun had begun to sink below the horizon, and all was deathly still out here. Almost no aquatic life stirred in the water, the feeling of an empty sea so disturbing and quiet.

Her enhanced senses eventually picked up on a lone boat inside the fog, still moving on its own power... but June didn't feel the engine. She moved quickly to investigate, with the agility of a black marlin, hands held out in front. "Maybe a lone survivor?" she wondered.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG) Empty Re: Darkness rolls in (Ultragal and DG)

Post by Ultragal August 12th 2016, 10:48 am

Jayne Bas Chava was visiting California today.  Once the land of her ancestors, it was little more than a gaudy mess now.  She was riding her moped, as usual, and was heading to L A.  

An eerie chill seized her entire form.  Jayne turned her moped towards the source of the coldness. She was taking aback by the raven-black mist rising from the Pacific Ocean.  As she'd intended to do some diving anyway, she'd brought scuba gear.

First, though, she changed into her costume.  Thankfully, the night-like mist concealed her transformation from "Plain" Jayne Bas Chava (She's attractive, but not supermodel drop-dead gorgeous. She can best be described as looking like a "wholesome girl-next-door" in appearance) to Medicine Woman, Native American heroine and nature advocate.  It was a sure thing the mist was [i]not[i] natural.  Medicine Woman donned the scuba gear and swam into the fog with great care.  The rank (another word for "rotten") smell was starting to make her body feel uneasy, too.

After some distance, shadowy forms appeared in the mistiness.  There were wrecked boats all over the place...except for one that was moving on the water among the mist...and a single form currently in that boat.

Medicine Woman swam over as close to the bobbing craft as she could...then saw another form, but swimming much faster than her.  She called out to...what/whoever it was in a soothing voice: "Hello? Who are you? Are you OK?  Do you need help?"  

((OOC: Next thread, please? ))

Last edited by Ultragal on August 12th 2016, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a sentence.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Number of posts : 263
Job : Office work/clerical/occasional multitasking
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana August 13th 2016, 6:16 am

Sean had expected something to rise form the water,  unleash an ear piercing screech and attack the ship. However all he heard was the sound of the wind sweeping through, a soft whisper along with it’s caress against his skin. With a soft sigh, his eyes fell down to the surface, dark surface still rolling along with small waves. There was then the sound of something in the distance, steel bending and tearing loudly, followed something slipping into the water with a splash. ”So the trouble starts.” Sean muttered, pushing off of the bow, stepping back only a few feet as another sound cut through the fog.

It was a voice, one that didn’t sound familiar at all. A jarring experience, but it was rare that someone trying to kill you would ask if you were okay. Walking over to where the voice had come from, he looked over the side of the boat to see someone swimming in the water, decked out in scuba gear, along with oxygen tank as if prepared for prolonged time underwater. ” A fool trying to stop whatever’s coming, but looks like i’m not the only one.” With a snap of the finger a small sphere of fire formed from his thumb, growing in size until it cast a soft blue light over the water Medicine Woman swam in.

There was something about them that felt different butt hat might have just been him considering the bravery required to swim into such unknown circumstances. ”Probably don’t wanna go swimming around here there, never know what’s swimming around in these parts.” He offered a hand to pull her out of the water onto his boat, something that offered a brief reprieve from the depths.

If Medicine Woman chose to accept the gesture, he would pull her into the boat, making use of his power over water to lift her up somewhat and give her a modicum of personal space. If she did not, he would let her pull herself into the vessel however she wished. ”As you can see i’m fine. Had heard that people were goin missing, and even the meta’s that went out to sort the problem out went missing too. Thought to myself that maybe they just needed a professional touch to fix things.” Should Medicine Woman look around, she would see a moderately sized vessel, with a slightly covered section where one could turn it on and pilot the thing from there.

”What brings you out here of all places? Aren’t you worried you’ll disappear like the others?”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga August 13th 2016, 7:18 am

DG continued to reconnoiter the sea as far as her senses could perceive, hoping to find something aside from emptiness. Then she sensed another swimmer in the water, human and sluggish, carrying the ponderous equipment needed for a non aquatic to be in the ocean. She proved no threat, and, was even first to extend a hand of cooperation. Thus far it seemed both of them were quite civil.

Gathering no further information where she was, she surfaced to converse, taking a breath though it was unnecessary. She made sure to be easily seen.

"She's not the only one around. Well, actually, the water's empty of life. That can only be bad news. Can I come up too? Let's talk."

Dragon Girl took a good grip of the anchor chain and helped herself onto deck, getting water everywhere. Water didn't seem to stick to her or her suit for long, a property of her heritage and the high tech material respectively. DG was emblazoned on her chest, golden letters that shone on the dull gray swimsuit. She studied the two airbreathers "So. Introductions? I'm Dragon Girl. I swim."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal August 14th 2016, 3:16 pm

Medicine Woman accepts the male's hand. Of course, her first question is: "Do you have name? I am named Medicine Woman. I am a Native American. I am trying to help rid the misty miasma from this place. My bow & arrows are useless, as the laws of physics dictate that the force of all this water is greater than air which is needed for my arrows to do anything. I have a tomahawk, a small axe-like weapon and a knife. They should function underwater just fine."

She smiled pleasantly at Dragon Girl, now that she knew her name. "Us three against that black horror might be successful...that is if you, sir, are willing to make a duo a trio against the obvious threat looming before us? And I am quite pleased to meet you, Dragon Girl. You and the gentleman can just call me Medicine Woman.
And yes, I may very well vanish as the others did, but I am willing to take that chance...for the sake of saving L A and its residents...and whoever else may need help.'

Now, she simply waited for the as-yet-nameless male to bring her aboard his boat...if that's what he'd choose to do...
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana August 15th 2016, 2:32 am

”Yeah, I got a name.” Sean responded with a soft smirk, helping Medicine woman up and letting her get comfortable on the ships deck.The taller female mentioned something about there being no life within the water, something that made sense considering who they could be dealing with. ”The names Sean, pretty simple to remember.” He then considered Dragon Girl, giving her a small considerate nod. Both had been interested in helping stop the oncoming black fog and yet he could tell they had no idea what they were truly dealing with.

In all honesty not even Sean knew the full story of the mist, but it felt like something he had encountered before. ”Well, it sounds like i’m dealing with a few heroic types, but I can’t help question if both of you even know what we’re dealing with.” As he spoke, Sean  paced over to one side of the boat, hands now intertwined behind his back and the sphere of blue fire floating along behind him.

As they boat floated further into the thick curtain of fog, something became apparent. Shape, in great numbers a floating along the surface of the water. With the given light of the fire, it was shown that they were a massive amount of what looked to be fish floating on their sides. Fish, a few sharks as well as a large whale floating belly up, flesh seemingly painted black as if with rot. The smell itself was odious, burning his nostrils enough that Sean needed to pinch his nose and default to breathe through his mouth. ”Okay, this is just looking even worse.” He muttered to himself, spinning on his heeels to look to the girl self identified as Dragon girl. She stood nearly two feet taller than him, something that made him feel like a child looking up to an adult.

”The water’s empty of life, but it sure as hell is full of dead things. Dragon girl, I need to you dive down, maybe check out if there’s something goin on deeper.”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga August 15th 2016, 3:16 am

"Aliens. Inter dimensional beings. Evil spirits. What else could it be?"

June was used to the smell of flesh, but when the missing sea life turned up she audibly gagged. June needed a moment to compose herself on the boat rail, as she had to block out the smell from her sensitive nose. If it was bad for humans, it was worse for her. Like... the worse smell ever so far.

She only heard half of what Sean said, mostly boiling down to her doing what she was already doing. "Anything to get away from this smell! Be right back then!" June wasted no more time to get into the water to dull the stress on her nose. She swims out and scouts ahead, covering 200 meters ahead before returning to share whatever she'd find. What a waste of seafood, she thought.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal August 15th 2016, 4:33 pm

"Mr. Sean, I am not ashamed to admit that I do not know what I am dealing with. But just as the mystery of Atlantis' fall is still being researched, that stuff out there is a puzzle to be solved, if a solution is possible. Abandoning hope just because that massive miasma is an unknown...thing... is not an option.

It is a threat. It must be either neutralized or eliminated. As the ancient quote teaches me: Hope springs eternally. As long as there is even a tiniest sliver of hope, I will not give up !"

Medicine Woman looked at the shattered boats scattered in the water. She nodded decisively at Sean: "If any of those broken watercraft are made of wood, I can use a few pieces that are in relatively good shape. I have not done it before, but making a wooden harpoon, perhaps with your help, Mr. Sean...if you are willing to, of course...might be useful against the dark mist.

I always carry a variety of medicinal herbs, roots, leaves and flowers in my medicine pouch. They are mostly intended for use as first aid, but have other applications as well. I can coat the harpoon's tip, if it can be made at all, with one of those natural remedies and hope it will be strong enough to at least weaken that mist-thing."

(( OOC: MW's app mentions the pouch and herbs and how they were made more potent when Jayne's great-grandmother's spirit bonded with her own. ))
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana August 17th 2016, 6:12 pm

As Dragon girl dived deeper into the murk, she would find something that defied the usual means of sensing. Odd serpentine creatures, ten feet in length swimming through the depths. Eyeless they were, as if used to a life without light , sensing the tall woman swimming through the water and whipping towards her with a frightening quickness for something in the water. Without any real warning, they would dart towards the dragon in human form, teeth bared to bite into them, not really the type to care to find out if they would even be able to do any harm to her.

”Alright, I like that answer.” He noted with a smirk, appearing to fiddle with a rather ornate ring on his left ring finger. ”I guess if everyone is adamant about the whole fighting the forces of darkness bit, then I have no problem with helpin you.” Wind gathered under him, helping propel Sean over the side of the boat, while keeping him aloft over the waters surface. Some of these vessels were made of wood, though it looked rather ruined, though likely not waterlogged. It appeared that whatever methods they used to water proof something managed to keep any form of soaking from occuring.

All it took was an application of his air magic to slice off a portion that could make an excellent shaft for a harpoon. ”And a little bit of my own special touch.” The markings decorating his left arm began to glow with a subdued golden glow, infusing the wood within his hand with energy. ”Alright, this might help.” Sean noted landing back of the ship, handing it to the woman and letting her do whatever she wanted to do with it. While it would likely help them deal with what he assumed was causing this, it would also heal any of those pesky injuries one incured while holding it.

”Probably want to finish up that harpoon of yours, something tells me things are about to get rough.” It might have been the tattoos on his right arm burning, or the fact that the waters were growing even rougher.

”Oh, you have no idea.” A female voice spoke within the darkness.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga August 18th 2016, 6:05 am

Dragon Girl was taken by surprise by a creature that sliced through the water, had scarcely a scent, and no bio-electric signal. She responded calmly, wincing a bit as the teeth clamped down on her dragon skin. Once it had a good grip, she took the things by the lower jaw, pried it off and finished it off by breaking its mouth open. She rinses and repeats with the next few creatures, even throwing a punch with such force as to explode one out of the water.

Rather than risk staying and being overwhelmed, she grabs one and swims back to the boat, tossing it on deck to get a better look with Sean. "Take a look at this one. And there's more coming!" June said once she surfaced.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal August 23rd 2016, 4:22 pm

Medicine Woman stared at the creature Dragon Girl threw into the boat. I certainly looked nothing like a normal aquatic creature. She glanced at Sean, then at Dragon Girl.

"Perhaps I will try my luck. Give me a moment. I will make a harpoon." She shows the length of wood to Dragon Girl, then turns her back, facing away from the mist. It takes a while, but she turns back around. She faces the mist head on from her position on Sean's boat.

"And...finally...a little something that I hope will at least slow down that black stuff..." From her medicine pouch, she removes a tiny stem of baby's breath (a tiny flower in a pure white color with a smell, as per its name, like a newborn baby's breath). She ties the stem part to the harpoon's tip.

"This tiny flower has a double symbolism: The pure white light of hope and the bright joy of a baby's smile. The flower of innocence and purity. Perhaps that's enough to keep that stuff from spreading to LA itself. Perhaps not. I have to try, at least."

Medicine Woman was still wearing her diving gear. She slipped smoothly from the boat into the water. Not caring about herself, but for those who may fall victim to the black mist, she swam at the swirling mass. She held the harpoon with both hands, hoping to strike with it harder that way. Her progress toward the misty menace was slow, but steady and determined.
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top