The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTwo Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_voting_barTwo Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 Empty Re: Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity)

Post by Chase Blackburn February 1st 2016, 5:47 pm

Chase stood up, putting his hand on her chair as she advised. They walked out of the shop, and Chase lifted his cane, pointing it off to the left. "I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in that direction."

Chase saw the skinny boy brandishing a pistol, but thought nothing of it. What cunt would steal from two disabled people? Well, apparently this one would. As soon as they walked by, he put gun up to Samantha's head. In fear of the slight chance that any slide remark would cause him to pull the trigger, Chase waited until the gun was up to his head to say "You're literally stealing from two disabled people. Things must have gone down hill really fast for you to need to do this."

In a flash of swift movements, Chase yanked the gun away from him, dismantling it piece by piece to leave on the ground. He then knocked the first item out of his hand. The boy, most likely thinking this would be an easy steal, started to run, and Chase let him.

Chase turned to his right, already knowing what the look on Sam's face it, just doing it more out of habit from when he still had his sight. "Looks like I have a couple things to explain..."

Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2015-10-11

Back to top Go down

Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity) - Page 2 Empty Re: Two Speedsters Try To Stop A Mugging (Velocity)

Post by The Grey February 2nd 2016, 9:47 pm

Samantha spent the next few moment unable or unwilling to say anything. Her fingernails dug into the arms of her chair. She knew that this was the speedster from before. She also knew that he had been looking for her. It would be too great a coincidence otherwise.

"Y-you...your," she began to say, teeth clenched in a desperate attempt at keeping her cool. "How did you find me?" she finally asked. She could not bring herself to look Chase in the eyes, rage and resentment simmering just below the surface.

The next question Sam hissed: "What do you want from?"

Then she saw her stuff, dropped by the thief before he ran. Her pride chafed as she realized she would not be able to pick up her things without relying on this metahuman's aid. God, why did her life have to become so complicated...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Corey Jardin (The Grey)[XP]
Special Agent Sarah Jardin[XP]
Heather Jardin (Violet Feral)
Antonio Ramirez (Guerrero)[XP]
Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Blackburn February 2nd 2016, 10:53 pm

Chase picked up her belongings and set them on her lap. There's no way in hell she's believing that I found her on accident, he thought as he contemplated on what he should do. Despite knowing she probably wouldn't believe him, he decided to be honest.

"I just sat down. I wanted to converse with someone, it just unluckily happened to be you..." Chase told her, almost resentful that he had to reveal it like this. He scratched head, thinking of what to say before taking a deep breath and continuing. "I knew it was you from the moment we started talking. You may try to disguise it, but I could hear the similarities between you and your alter ego."

"All I wanted was to learn why you hate me." Chase said, hesitating to place his hand on her shoulder to reassure her, ultimately deciding it would be best not to.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" ~ Distubred

Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvbiGp_Evgo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey February 3rd 2016, 4:12 pm

Seeing Chase return her possessions, Samantha tensed. She was reluctant to speak, but part of her knew the meta deserved that much. Hesitantly, she wispered, "Thank you." She was quiet and most would not have heard her.

Much as she had resisted speaking but knew she should have, Sam also wanted to just leave the man and knew he had not earned her ire. She looked up from time to time but for the most part failed to meet Chase's gaze. Sam had begun to feel a dull ache in the back of her skull.

Finally, the Tinker spoke. "I'm sorry," she began. After all, he had genuinely tried to be nice to her and she had acted absolutely vile. "I just have...issues with metahumans." She almost laughed at herself for saying it. Glancing up a little, Sam continued: "All the power you have, power you never had to work for. You just wake up one morning and suddenly you can reshape the world. On a whim!"

"Other people, people like me? We have to study and work our arses off to even dream of what you can do. But you?"
Sam swept her hand in Chase's direction. "You just win the genetic lottery and decide to play 'Cops and bloody Robbers.'" Samantha laughed again. "And half the time you don't even know what you're doing."

Samantha looked away. She had allowed herself to vent but she did not know if she wanted to see Chase's reaction...

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Blackburn February 3rd 2016, 9:49 pm

Chase stood through her ramblings, wanting to interject but not doing so. When she finished venting and was looking away, that's when he allowed himself to mumble "I don't think this is genetic..."

Quickly after doing so, Chase walked into her line of sight, crouching to the point that he would be looking into her eyes if he had sight. He removed his glasses to reveal his eyes, pale irises showing that he was indeed blind, hoping that it would make him sound much more sincere. "You hate me because I'm a meta? Maybe you had to work harder to get power similar to mine, but you still got it. If you're interest is in the lives of people, how you obtained your powers shouldn't matter. If not, maybe it is reasonable to fixate on something like that."

Chase paused, breathing deeply in and out, almost exasperatedly. "I'm going to level with you. All this-" Chase paused to put his hands up in a way to signify he meant himself "-this hero stuff is just me following my moral compass. Whether I know what I'm doing or not doesn't matter as long as I know I've saved lived."

Chase stood back up, putting his glasses back on and placing his hand reassuringly on her shoulder. "We all have tribulations, even those born wtih excessive luck." With that said, he removed his hand, slowly walking away.

The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" ~ Distubred

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey February 4th 2016, 9:42 pm

Samantha was silent for a time. She had even tensed up as Chase's hand came to rest on her shoulder, though she tried to hide it. And she found herself peering up at the boy as he turned to leave.

Then she mumbled, more to herself than Chase, "And where are we left when your 'moral compass' isn't enough to save us?"

The engineer would quickly put away the things Chase had returned to her. Then she would spin her chair 180 degrees and head away. Sam was unsure where she was headed but she knew she had to clear her head.

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Blackburn February 6th 2016, 12:32 am

Chase heard the comment, despite Sam only mumbling to herself. A tear trickled down his face, which he wiped away quickly. "When that happens, I'll try to save others to compensate for it." He muttered, only audible to himself.

He was fully aware the comment wasn't meant to be heard, but he still did. His thoughts drifted to the bank robber he tried to stop. The guy had hostages. Chase made a mistake and it had cost them their lives. The innocent blood of six people are on my hands he thought in gloom.

Chase was faster now. If the same thing were to happen now, he would be more than competent enough -- not only to make sure no civilians died, but also to be able to respond without giving into the demands of 'villains'.

Despite his attempt to comfort himself in his mistakes, his mound was still clouded. He needed to get them off his mind. Thinking of no better way than to do so, he started running, zipping through the city, trying to distract himself from his guilt.

The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top