The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Paper World  (Stryker)  I_vote_lcapPaper World  (Stryker)  I_voting_barPaper World  (Stryker)  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Paper World (Stryker)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paper World  (Stryker)  Empty Paper World (Stryker)

Post by Booster October 5th 2015, 8:26 pm

Freddie Smith.  Seven priors for mugging, armed robbery and carjacking.  A subject matching his description had been I.D'd in a purse snatching outside a grocery store ten minutes ago.  The cops were getting a statement from the victim, but Freddie was long gone from the scene. The police would open an investigation and would probably try to collar him over the next few days, question him, see if they could find the missing items. Derrick wasn't going to let it take that long, not with how much the NYPD had on their plates. As Knightstaff, he could take care of things a lot faster.  Freddie may have fled the scene ten minutes ago, but Derrick had picked up his trail in five. It was lucky for the victim that Freddie had mugged her in one of his patrol routes.  In no time at all, he had caught up to a sweating, thin and reedy Italian man.  The perpetrator was only a block ahead of him, oblivious to his surroundings.  But then, people hardly ever bothered to look up.

Derrick zero'd in on his target as he grappled from rooftop to rooftop under the cover of darkness, running across abandoned buildings and leaping across burned out husks. Much of the city had been destroyed and it had hardly been able to recover with the rampant crime rate that had climbed in the devastation's wake.  Of course, Derrick thought quietly to himself, it wasn't as if the police were equipped to deal with people who could creat earthquakes, time travel, or take control of peoples minds. He didn't fault them for that, but he did fault them for failing to find a way to adapt. Using his rope, Knightstaff swung off of a streetlight and hit the ground with his staff, bounding forward on it like a pole vaulter and then swinging it as soon as he hit the ground in one fluid motion, his suit flexing with him as he did so.  With a loud thwack, the metal middle of the staff hit the back of both of the perp's knees, sending him sprawling to the ground in heap. The purse snatcher groaned and flipped himself over, rubbing at the affected area. His eyes scanned the area in bewilderment  before alighting on Knightstaff with an eyeroll.

"Oh for crying out loud, another one? A man can't make a decent living with all you hero types running around, shittin on the little guy. Where were you when Dr.Necrodium attacked huh? I lost everything because of that shit!" Derrick cocked his head to one side. He could sympathize with the man, but it didn't excuse the theft. "Be that as it may, you didn't have to resort to this. Tell you what. If you return the purse now, I'll let you go to find something more...constructive to do." The man spit, a glob landing on Derrick's chest. "Screw you. The hell do you think you are, my moral compass?""The name is Knightstaff," Derrick replied in an  irritated  tone.  "And despite your circumstances you could have done the right thing."  The staff smacked down hard, on the mugger's chest, generating a blast of electrical energy that caused the man  to spasm and fall to the ground stunned.  With a satisfied grimace, Derrick grabbed the stolen purse and shouldered it after dialing 911 with the criminal's own phone and leaving him for the authorities.  The purse was returned quickly and with his grappling hook, Derrick left the scene almost as quickly as he had arrived, retreating to a rooftop and returning to monitoring the police band in his suit.  There were always more things to do.

Sudden movement off to his left put him into fight mode, and he whirled around with his power staff. Not many people frequented rooftops. "Who goes there?"
Booster
Booster

Quote : Not the one from the 25th century.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-10-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top