The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Charlatan I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Charlatan I_vote_lcapCharlatan I_voting_barCharlatan I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Charlatan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charlatan Empty Charlatan

Post by Charlatan July 28th 2015, 5:02 am

Patrick Marks

"Charlatan"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Bio

Hero Name: Charlatan
Title:
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race:Human
Hair: Dark brown [Occasionally dyes it]
Eyes:Hazel
Height: 6’1
Weight: 183
Blood type: B +

The Looks

The Personality

You want to know more about me? Well that's not a question alot of people ask, probably because i'm not too much of an interesting guy. Sure, alot of people could argue that but then again thats because they know nothing about the person that is me. Well i gotta be objective about this, so prepare for some pure objective fun. Many people have come to call me a nice guy, for one reason or another, maybe it's that underlying caring nature I have. That's true, I actually care about what people think, well most of the time. There are cases where I don't but that sort of sums up the people I really don't like. Well usually i'm a nice guy, and at times you may find that I will even admit that, when i'm not practicing good ol humility anyway because being prideful is sorta lame. Something about falls anyway, and it's not even autumn yet. Rambling aside, well it times you could say i'm petty and I likely will not deny that, because damn am I petty. If I see something as someone slighting me, I will likely look into it more than another person would and try to read some hidden message between the lines. Its a really nasty habit I gotta admit, but then again never said I was all together in the first place. But let's not get too into detail about myself, that would take out any incentive to actually talk to me. So yeah, do that more and ask less question about me. Getting really sick of this twenty questions stuff.
The Story

History, the whole life story. Well I can't say I would have anything interesing like a spiderbite or falling into radioactive waste, because those actually kill you. Don't see it too often in comic books though, there they just give you supower powers and whatnot. No, i'm just your average everyday human with average everyday human problems, no superpowers to deal with them either. Ya know, I always thought I would end up getting some kind of meta powers, oh that would have been lovely but then again fate decided I didn't deserve them. Ranting about lack of superpowers aside, I came from a broken home with a father that did nothing for me and a mother that tried her best to make sure I succeeded. Well, I don't think i'm quite at ny best but then again what do I know about anything right? Well for most of my life I was mired in teenage angst, an annoying prospect but then again I was always an angsty fellow, on and on with the angst to the point I imagine alot of people were sick of it. Imagine my elation I actually managed to do something with my life, well not that it was easy, because it was not but I did it anyway. However, you might want to know why I do what I do, why i'm a badass vigilante that takes down the wicked with wicked awesomeness, and well I guess I can spill a few secrets since his is all off the record. Well it started with a conversation with a few friends, well it started off simplle enough with us just discussing stuff, video games and usual friendly stuff. Well unfortunatly or fortunatly depending on your stance on thing, it developed into something else. This change had me thinking, and thinking even long after I had learned about this, until something hit me with the force of a ton of bricks...not actually though. This world was rotten, much like a wormy apple and I did nothing to stop it. All I did was sit around, lamenting my own powerlessness and hoping things would get better and the more I thought, the more it drove me mad. The corrupt went on living, and in style while the good were usually pushed down, marginalized to the needs of the powerful, corrupt politicians and businessmen all gaining power from the suffering of their lessers. Just thinking about it now makes me cringe but that's just how things are. So I decided, after long thought that I would do something about it, that I would if even slowly fix this world and so that's why I do what I do. See, wasn't so hard to listen now was it? Now if you'll excuse me....it's time I take out the trash.

Thinking back on this, I just sound really edgy.
The Priority

1. Agility
2. Endurance
3. Reaction
4. Strength

The Powers

Is human, has no powers.
The Weaknesses

Codependance: Codependent, this guy is pretty dependent on certain peoples approval and praise as well as attention, and without much interaction can fall into states of depression and slight manic actions to fix that.

Pride: Despite what many would belive to be a shitty self esteem level, he still believes himself to be worth something and will go out of his way to prove that.

Fear of being alone: Hes scared of being alone, and you could say he also makes crazy strides to avoid that.

F*ck this, i'm out: If something becomes too stressful, he tends to try and leave rather than deal with it.

Bullets hurt: Hes only human, so he can be killed like any human.

Think of the children!: He has a soft spot for children and will go out of his way to protect them, even breaking his usual no killing for someone that would harm them, though that can be used to goad him into situations he would normally avoid.

Weakness for a pretty face: Well, he is easily manipulated by a pretty face. That's kinda it really.

The Items

Jolt Cola: Custom made cans of soda filled with a reactive mix of chemicals that, when shaken, trigger detonation in about 5 seconds. Each "flavor" has a different effect.

Jolt Cola = Explosive

Jolt Dr Chili = Incendiary

Jolt Lemon Lime = Stun

Jolt cola weaknesses: Sufficient motion around can cause the colas to go off early, which is bad when close to him. Puncturing the cans also risk the effects going off prematurely. He isn’t safe from the effects of the Cola if they go off too close to him.

Sparky: Metal baseball bat with batteries wired to it in such a way that it shocks like a taser on impact.

Sparky weakness: With a damaged energy source, it would stop functioning as a taser bat.

Pokemon Cards: An array of weaponized pokemon throwing cards. Each type has a specific effect, based upon the type of pokemon on the card.

Fire = Amped up flash powder basically. On impact the cards burst into flames, and can easily start fires.

Water: On impact a chemical coating the card reacts and produces enough moisture for a good amount of water to pour from the card.

Electric: These cards are lined with fine circuits  that, when disturbed, produce a high voltage shock.

Fighting: Sharp metal edged cards

Poison: Coated in a small amount of a nerv agent. None lethal but a normal person would probably slow and then drop after 10 minutes without proper treatment.

Ghost: A card with religious symbols on it coated in a thin layer of silver and dried salt. Made because Pat couldn't think of anything better to represent the ghost type.

Ice: Coated in a reactive powder form of nitrogen. Cools anything it comes into contact with rapidly, but not to a very heavy degree.

Pokemon Card weaknesses:

• Fire: Damage to the flash powder can cause premature explosion and set the holder on fire.
  • Electric: The circuits can be disrupted and card made useless either through being submerged or cut.
  • Poison: Requires skin contact, so clothes can stop it from taking effect and anyone above human are immune to it.
  • Ice: Effects can be halted by simply washing off the powder with warm water.

NitroBoost: Three medical grade adrenaline shots inside an already highly caffeinated energy drink. Triggers fight for flight response, making Charlatan gains increased stamina/somewhat strength equal to an adrenaline kick for a short while. (obviously on a human level.)

Nitroboost weakness: After using it Charlatan goes through a form of low, making him useless for at the very least until he can properly sleep it off.

Baptism by Smash: a dumbbell attached to a staff. No, not kidding. Used for those times when cracking skulls is what’s needed.

Speakers: Two hip mounted speakers capable of playing music (or whatever) at 150 decibels. Prolonged exposures can lead to pain, permanent hearing lose, and rupture of the eardrum. Mostly just used to cause distraction and pain in people during combat. Yes Pat has earplugs.

Weakness: They’re just speakers. Smash them

D20 smoke pellets: A large amount of smoke creating agents are packed into a D20, which contact with the ground with enough force releases a massive cloud of smoke which allows an easy escape. Nat 20 bitches!

Weakness: Can’t use them without the use of his arms. Has to be throw typically to gain enough force to actually make a smoke screen.

Various Mundane weapons: He has access to various levels of mundane weapons such as .9 milimeter pistols and things of that nature, such as homemade ex[plosives and other things.
The Minions

Do Drifter and Humanity count?
The Fluff

Combat training: While it may not be anything superhuman, he's been trained to shoot somewhat, has some experience with hand to hand and knows his way around a knife. He might not even be a master but he is slightly better than your average street thug, so that helps somewhat.

Common Sense: Hey, it's not a very common thing around here sadly.

By the power of google: He's done enough google research to know that mixing certain things will have certain results, so he puts that to use.

Borrowed Ingenuity: Through learning from others and a little self teaching, he's learned to make mundane explosives and various household weapons.

Pain Threshold: He can take alot more pain than your average person without being taken down.

The RP Sample

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Withdrawl on December 2nd 2015, 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

"I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Charlatan Empty Re: Charlatan

Post by Zell July 28th 2015, 5:09 am

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 1st 2017, 9:43 pm

Edits made
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Romulus Emanuel Mercury October 1st 2017, 9:49 pm

Approved Until Stated Otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Romulus Emanuel Mercury
Romulus Emanuel Mercury
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "I am not a hero nor a villain I am simply a man prepared to do what is necessary to make sure no one goes without a family."

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss October 1st 2017, 10:15 pm

Approved

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top