The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Unremembered I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Unremembered I_vote_lcapUnremembered I_voting_barUnremembered I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Unremembered

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unremembered Empty Unremembered

Post by Pain July 26th 2015, 6:00 pm

New York city, it's been years.. I haven't seen it since the attack. Didn't think I'd ever bring myself to see it again. This city. It was my home... Now I barely recognize it.

Pain stood atop one of the highest buildings in all of the new city, overlooking the seemingly peaceful metropolis. On the surface it seemed almost like a utopia, glorious buildings that reached to the clouds. Skylines that nearly blocked out the sun. The city is filled with life and commerce, but it is also filled with crime and corruption from top to bottom.

He wore a grim expression, brows furrowed as the bright sun glared onto him. His recognizable clean-cut look was no more, instead stood a worn and bearded man with a look of desolation in his eyes. High winds gusted into him, his long hair fluttering in the wind. It covered one of his icy eyes, waving off to the left. He wore black armored leggings and an old tattered armored chest piece, the very set Black Knight designed for him. It resembled sleeveless steel roman armor. Though dated and heavily grayed, it still served it's purpose in surviving his intense combat.  

From here several violent and petty street crimes were heard across the city, mostly from the more economically poor areas. Screams for help screeched through his ears, it had been so long since he'd actually listened to them. A flood of memories rushed him, bombarding his brain along with the cries for help. For a moment, he saw the city in ruin just as it had been after the attack. The smell of smoke and carnage felt so real, he twitched in disbelief and stress. He began to breathe more heavily through his mouth as the visions became more vivid. Reality became twisted, he began seeing them all die again. So many that he could not save, so many he had to let die. Feeling soaked in blood, he shut his eyes tight, trying to fight off the visions. His mind cycled through countless lives in a flash, nameless bodies on unremembered streets. It didn't stop until he saw her.

With shaky hands he covered his mouth in great distress. It was Rebecca, smiling at him just before his visions faded into smoky darkness. With great difficulty, he swallowed his grief and ran his hand over his face. He wiped his eyes in an attempt to clear his mind. Reality seemed to return, now he only heard the cries for help. With fists clenched and nostrils flaring, he gritted his teeth and fiercely scowled.

No more. I've done nothing while others suffer for too long. Convinced myself I was beaten, that they were better off without me. I won't ignore them anymore! I won't let anyone else die!

His fists shook with determination, his eyes filled with a fire that had been absent for years.

"No more!"

He shouted from the rooftops just before rocketing into the sky towards the cries for help. For the first time in years he would patrol the city, using his powers to once again stamp out the filth and corruption that plagued the lives of the innocent.

Pain flew through the city at incredible speeds, blasting to the scene of the crime in a matter of seconds. For a moment he hovered high above, analyzing the area before making his move. A car chase was unfolding, several police vehicles were trying to run down a black four door car. They were driving through highly populated areas, if they were not stopped soon or correctly many could die. Heavy gunfire came from the vehicle, seems like they were equipped with assault rifles and side arms. The criminals vehicle was moving extremely recklessly, it whipped around the corner down the sidewalk and nearly lost control. A man and his son were trying to get home when the vehicle came towards them. The driver had little control, or perhaps didn't care and drove head on into them.

In an instant Pain descended before the vehicle with a ground shattering entrance. With an open palm, he effortlessly stopped the vehicle. The vehicle came to a crashing halt, totaling the entire front half. He stood tall between the two bystanders and vehicle. "Go." He demanded calmly over his shoulder.

"Th-th-thank you so much." The father frantically thanked him before picking up his son, holding him close to his chest and running as far from here as he could get.

The police all pulled up around the scene, drawing their weapons and attempting to control the situation. They stood by their cars still, wary of the criminals still in their vehicles. Pain was unrecognizable, but to them someone who helps isn't an enemy just yet. "Come out with your hands up." An officer shouted to the band of criminals still in their vehicle, seeming unconcerned with Pain for now.

Almost immediately two men armed with assault rifles stormed out of the back seats. They opened fire on the man who stopped them first, but to their horror it had no effect even when they aimed for the head. The bullets merely reflected off his skin and armor. While distracted, the two were quickly gunned down by the officers. "Surrender and you can walk away from this!" An officer tried to reason with the remaining criminals.

Pain's eyes were completely fixated on the criminals ahead, he overheard their scheming. He stated boldly to the two remaining thugs. "I can hear you.. It won't work."

-

Butch snorted in frustration then immediately kicked open the door and opened fire with an assault rifle. "If you can't beat em', make em' bleed like pigs!" He bellowed as he fired wildly at everyone around.

Last edited by Pain on July 26th 2015, 10:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Unremembered Empty Re: Unremembered

Post by Chellizard July 26th 2015, 6:45 pm

Breathing in the morning air, Skyler was perched with her rump resting on a fire escape and her feet dangling below her. She over looked the more ruined parts of New York City, her thoughts racing. She had been in a whole different country when the Assault occurred here. She could remember the news feed and how many lives were lost. It had been all bad things for New York, and Skyler couldn't remember a time she visited this city without something horrid happening to her, or someone she loved.

Swallowing her absentminded thoughts, she stood up, turned, and grabbed hold of the fire escape railing above her and pulled herself up. The muscles in her arms flexed with her slow motions. She was just strong enough to handle lifting herself, and maybe sending a grown man onto his ass. For what she lacked in pure strength, she made up for in wit, charm, and craftiness. She continued her climb, only two more stories, and finally reached the roof top. The building was not very tall, and part of it was still a mess. She had called this building home once. At least, a room in it. Sighing, her shoulders rose and fell dramatically.

"Mama," muttered a soft voice.

"Yes?" she replied just as soft.

There was a numbing silence as a small hologram of a girl appeared in front of Skyler, blocking her view of the city. The hologram became a full sized, roughly sixteen year old, looking girl.

"Are you sad?" Aiva finally asked, her head tilting to the side curiously.

Silence fell again, and Skyler diverted her eyes from the hologram. Well, her eye. One of her eyes was masked behind of an eye patch.

"I am, too." Aiva said finally, impatient for Skyler's reply.

"Let's just focus on our task. Our target is a man - a bad one." Skyler said, reaching into Aiva's holographic form.

"That tickles! hehe!" As she giggled, Skyler laughed as well, a genuine laugh.

Skyler then went on to ask Aiva to play the police scanner aloud. Listening, there was a report of a black four door vehicle zooming wrecklessly around of the city. The police then gave a rough description of the people inside of the car.

"I think the man we're looking for is in the car," Aiva said, fizzling out and becoming just a voice.

"Then we need to go four blocks East and two blocks North. Let's go." Skyler said, making her way to intercept the car chase.

--

As she turned the last corner, she heard open gunfire. Her heart sank but she drew her own gun as she came around to join the police. Her advantage to blending in was her military background. No one questioned her presence. Her attire might have been a little bit questionable, however. She wore a vest/corset top and a skirt. A guard was on her left thigh and arms, along with a gun holster on her hip and knife attached to her right thigh. If her outfit wasn't weird enough, her silver hair that fell just above her shoulders might have been.

The scene in front of Skyler was definitely an odd one. An older man with a scruffy face and armor was standing in front of the car, a definite hand print baring the metal of the hood.

"Mama... that last man is our target." Aiva pointed out as if Skyler hadn't figured that out yet.

"Then we need to apprehend him, right?" she said, her hand snatching a pair of cuffs from one of the officer's belts. She then dashed forward, making her way toward Butch. Handcuffs were in her right hand, and her gun was in her left. Being ambidextrous was always helpful.

Taking aim as she made her way forward, she took a shot with her Higpoly Revolver. The gun shot two bullets simultaneously, aiming for Butch's forehead. Skyler was confident in her shot.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Unremembered JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain July 26th 2015, 8:10 pm

What the.. What a strange woman

With his peripherals, Pain spotted an odd looking newcomer rushing to the aid of the police. She was clearly some sort of super, no normal person would walk around like that. As of now she wasn't a threat, he would concern himself with her true intentions after this thug was dealt with.

The officers all ducked down behind their vehicles, attempting to return fire at the mad gunman but with little success. Their bullets seemed to have no effect whatsoever, simply being absorbed and spat back out by his odd blob-like flesh. He laughed maniacally as he fired off into their cars before turning to let loose the last of the clip onto Pain.

Pain stood still with no reaction, his fierce expression unchanging as he glared down the gunman. "You done yet.." He nonchalantly questioned.

-

Butch grew frustrated, his face growing red as he began to shout. "Who the fuck do you think you are ya' freak!? You come flyin' down lookin' like old man jesus thinkin' you're hot shit!? I run this part of the city, no body messes with the Fists!"  Butch tossed the rifle aside and balled his fists up, ready to brawl the man who stopped him. However his plans were swiftly interrupted by the silver haired woman. As he moved to charge in, two powerful shells blasted into his forehead knocking him to the ground with a smash and utterly obliterating his head.

-

Though Pain had seen her come running up, he was genuinely surprised to see the man go down so easily after having withstood the onslaught from the police force without any damage whatsoever.

Dead already?

-

Butch's body begins to change shapes, starting with his injured head, becoming more bulbous and blob-like. His head is reformed the by blob mass, and he immediately begins shouting. "You little BITCH!"

-

Didn't think so.

-

Butch wiped his lips with the back of his hand. "Oh-ho-ho, the things I'm gonna' do to you! Just WAIT til' I get my hands on ya!" He psychotically grinned as he lunged towards her, flinging himself towards like her like a rubber band. He soared through the towards her and dove in to attack with both fists.

-

Pain made no moves himself, deeming it unnecessary to act just yet. He would watch on briefly as Butch made his attack, studying the man's powers and usage of them. Strategically it made the most sense, testing both of their abilities without having to move a muscle himself.

Last edited by Pain on July 26th 2015, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 26th 2015, 8:50 pm

Taking a step back, ensuring range between herself and the man she just opened fire on, she slowly lowered her weapon.

"Mama! You killed him!" Aiva said, shocked beyond belief. The teenage hologram flickered into view. She was a bluish white color, and would occasionally glitch in and out next to Skyler. Her software needed debugging again. Skyler made note of that in the back of her mind as she focused her good eye back on the man now on the ground.

"He's not dead... not yet. And even if he were, did you see me bat an eye, Aiva?" she said in a colder than usual manner. It had been too long since she got to take anyone down that really was a nuisance to the world.

But she had spoken too soon. She could see that the man had a form of regeneration, and moreover, an odd physical composition. He was definitely the man she was hired to kill.

And kill him she must.

"A sweet talker, huh? You just know how to make the ladies swoon, bub." Holstering her gun, she readied a full on melee skirmish, her arms raised to guard her face. She was ready for anything now, and accepted her fate.

After all, karma decided everything.

The fists came for her head, but her arms were up and blocked the fists in lightning time. The cellular regeneration that Skyler possessed since birth also gave her enhanced reflexes. She smirked when Butch got frustrated with her.

"I still got cha!" he said, making Skyler's smirk dissipate. A big blob of a fist was wrapped around of her waist. The giant hand squeezed and lifted Skyler off of the ground, showing the world her black athletic shorts beneath the skirt she wore. Kicking the air, Skyler reached down, grabbed her knife, and stabbed it into the giant blob hand.

"HEY! Help my mama!" Aiva demanded, flickering in and out even more now as she appeared in front of the old "Jesus" looking man. Aiva threatened Pain with her eyes, but also begged him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Unremembered JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain July 27th 2015, 12:29 am

The officers held their fire, stunned by the grotesque powers displayed by Butch. He tightened his grip on the woman, trying to crush her in his grasp. After feeling a sting in his hand, he looked to see a small blade dug into his head. Though it loosened his grip for a moment, he still laughed at her attack.

"Those bullets hurt a hell of a lot more." He taunted as he continued to laugh. Butch then reared up his other fist, having it grow into wrecking ball of blob-skin.

-

Pain turned his eyes away from the fight to the small flickering hologram making demands. He did not respond and instead turned his gaze back to the fight. For a brief moment, he wore a slight smirk on his face. Once it faded, he sprinted forward immediately closing the gap between them. It had been a long time since he'd fought, but he felt stronger than ever. He would need to show serious restraint though, he couldn't risk injuring someone else.

Butch was off guard and occupied, there was no chance of reaction. Pain threw a vicious downwards hook punch, severing the arm that held the silver haired woman and obliterating the point of impact. He then immediately, using his opposite hand, backhanded the blob. His hand ripped through him and blasted him back with great force.
-

"I'll show ya' what really hurts ya-AGGH!"

His words were cut off, screaming out in agony after having his arm forcefully ripped apart by Pain's fist. Butch seemed to be in distress, having lost a chuck of his body. He quickly began to regenerate though it felt excruciating.

"You two are really pissin' me off! You're both dead! Dead you hear me!"

Butch took a brief moment to continue his regeneration before preparing himself for another attack. His eyes darted between the two, but they seemed more fixed on attacking Pain first.

-

Though Pain kept an eye on Butch, he turned his focus to the woman who Butch had just attacked. Her presence here was an anomaly, but something about her seemed off. He had the feeling she wasn't here just to help, she had to have her own agenda.

"Who are you?" He sternly questioned, not acknowledging any of the threats Butch was shouting out.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 27th 2015, 12:22 pm

Skyler's nose filled with a horrible stench, and it almost made her gag. It was worse than the smell of decaying flesh. Her blade did nothing but loosen his grip, and she was thankful for that. With her fingers sliding into the knuckles on the hilt of her knife, she attempted to slide out of Butch's grip.

"Be sure to," she cut herself off as she grunted, shifting in his grip.

"shoot you some more," she finished, frustration rising within Skyler.

Aiva was standing with her hands waving in the air, her form glitching more rapidly as Butch's hand squeezed Skyler's waist. The device that projected Aiva's hologram was being destroyed ever so slowly.

"You can't just ignore me! I'm really annoying!" Aiva blurted angrily, her form finally vanishing as Butch prepared to throw a wrecking ball styled appendage into Skyler's face to smash her to bits.

Aiva reappeared as a miniature version of herself on the cusp of Butch's hand gripping Skyler.

"Mama! I've tried all I can there's nothing I can do!" Virtual tears welled up in Aiva's eyes as she glitched into nonexistence.

Skyler closed her eyes, accepting her fate now. This horrid man was too strong for her to get out on her own, and the police were standing by along with the bearded man.

Just as she was sure her body would become a bag of bruises, she felt the ground meet her feet and the grip around of her waist was no longer there. Her knees bent as she was dropped, gracefully landing hunkered down. She stood up as the blob hand started to inch backwards toward Butch, whom had been knocked back quite impressively.

Her attention turned toward the massive man with the scruffy unkempt appearance and gave him a solid nod of gratitude. She then drew her gun and took a couple of shots at the hand that was regenerating to Butch's body. She was about to speak toward Butch when the strong man finally spoke toward her.

"Shouldn't I ask you the same question?" she said, raising her left brow inquisitively.

-My DeviantArt-
Unremembered JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain July 28th 2015, 3:20 pm

The foul stench had little effect on Pain, with a flick of the wrist he shook off the goop still stuck to his hand and arm. After hearing her answer he gave her a glare for a brief moment, showing his distaste for her question before refocusing himself onto Butch.  

"I'm not the one you should be worried about." He retorted without looking at her, his eyes shifting to the fourth thug who had just left their getaway vehicle. Immediately he opened fire with his pistol, aiming at Pain and the silver haired woman beside him. Without hesitation, Pain pushed her aside and moved himself in her way. The bullets ricocheted off, having no effect on his superhuman body.

Though he was concerned about her true intentions, she wasn't the immediate threat. "If you want to survive this, follow my lead." Pain said with his blue eyes focused on her over his shoulder.

-

"You idiots forget about me?!" Butch shouted mockingly as he catapulted into Pain, slamming his entire form into him. This forced the big guy off his feet and sent him flying into the building behind him. Butch hung on, hoping to do as much damage as possible. When they came to a halt deep within the destruction, he would continue to assault the downed Pain with a flurry of punches to his face.

-

Having been off guard, Pain was easily swept off his feet and blasted into the building. Debris crashed down onto him, though the building remained intact the first few stories were utterly destroyed. He wound up on his back in a mess of rubble and before he could even attempt to rise up, Butch pummeled his face back into the concrete. Screams and chaos erupted all around as the destructive punches hammered over and over. For a moment Pain felt disoriented, unable to stop the assault.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 31st 2015, 12:58 am

"That's what people I should worry about say," she said gruffly, her eyes shooting the big brute of a man a look before turning her attention back onto the blob of a man in front of her. She was already used to the stench, but it brought back haunting memories.

Standing in the middle of the street, Skyler was covered in blood, her fists dripping with crimson. She had just gotten done beating a man senseless. Walking toward her, finally awake from an unconscious state was a man. His name... Eric. And who was he? Her son. The man at her feet was Franklin Salters, a vile man that deserved nothing but death. The smell of his beaten corpse wafted up Skyler's nose. She felt her chest sink. She hadn't killed him yet though, no, just maimed him horribly.

Before she could finish him off, he reached up and jabbed a needle into her leg.

"Got cha... bitch." He muttered, blood bubbling up passed his lips as his head lulled to the side.

Skyler felt weak at the knees, her attention turning up to look at the figure walking toward her.

"Eric... I... I did it. You're free baby," she said, her chest rising and falling. She felt suddenly fatigued as the serum coursed through her veins. She had been injected with an agent that would stop her cellular regeneration. She was a mortal until her body processed the antigen.

She felt tired, sick to her stomach, and weak. She felt broken beyond repair.

Snapping back into reality, Skyler was literally shoved to the side, her body bouncing off of the asphalt. She used her arm guard to take the brunt of the fall, her combat boots becoming scuffed as she fell. Standing up a moment later, she hesitated but gave a firm nod.

"We work together or not at all," she insisted, drawing her hand gun.

"Do you trust a stranger?" she asked, giving him a second to respond before Butch made his move. She rolled away, a bit annoyed internally because she had just stood back up. Standing, her gun would be aimed at other man wielding the machine gun. She would aim for his hand, looking to relieve him of his firearm. She took her shot, making sure to squeeze the trigger twice. This sent four bullets soaring to tear apart the man's hand. She was not here to play games. She was here to end this skirmish and take out her target. Her target that was now inside of a building with the big guy.

Grumbling, she rose her voice in anger. "Don't be idiots! Get these pedestrians to safety!" she called, informing the police it was time to do their job.

Turning, she started to run toward the building that Butch and Pain had been flung into. The mess was horrible, debris and broken building everywhere. She heard screams of victims from the destruction, but she also heard officers making their way to save the casualties.

Skyler took aim at the back of Butch's neck and called out to him.

"Karma will always settle things her way," she said, the gun spitting out six rounds this time, intending to pulverize the back of Butch's head and neck, slowing him down tremendously this time.

-My DeviantArt-
Unremembered JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain July 31st 2015, 10:23 pm

The officers had already began moving into position as the silver haired woman barked her demands. A small group moved immediately to check on the injured thugs. All three survived, but one was in real bad shape. A firing squad moved in towards the building, their first priority would be to save as many as they could from the destruction. Their second, take down Butch. The remaining members of the force moved to evacuate and secure the area with a blockade. For the most part, these men and women were used to this. They were the backbone of the heroics, always had been in Pain's eyes.

Through the unmerciful pummeling, Pain was able to mentally connect himself to Butch. Their close proximity made it far easier. Though he could have been vicious with his connection, instead he took this time to pry through Butch's mind unknowingly. Blood spurt from his face, nose and lips as he was continuously crushed by the onslaught of the villain's strength. His bearded face had nearly been crushed, now bloodied and beaten to the point he was hardly recognizable. Butch still did not let up, his slimy hands covered in the blood of the once mighty hero.

Though it seemed Pain had no control of the situation, it was quite the opposite. Though Butch was destroying his physical body, Pain had been learning of the things he had done in his past. What made him into the man he is today. Though Butch was far from a good man, there was a time in his life that he was better. Butch had a family once, a daughter who he loved very much. Everything was slowly stripped from him when his suppressed super human gene came to fruition. He was a monster to all, unable to fully control his powers. He lost his job, his wife, his daughter. He turned to a life of petty crime, the only way he could afford to aid in supporting them. One day, they were taken from him. Killed in the crossfire of a superhuman bout in the attack on New York. Butch blamed himself, he should have been there to save them. He devolved further and further into his life of crime. He hurt people, so many people. Pain felt that, he felt all of their suffering and Butch's as well. Despite the horrors Pain witnessed in this man's mind, he pitied him.

"Butch..." He spat up, blood soaked in each syllable. "It-.. doesn't have to be this way." Pain spoke with a deep sincerity, having no desire to inflict the same damage to his foe. Though he would if given no choice, Pain hoped to resolve this with his words.  

-

Butch seemed utterly confused by the man's words, the look in monstrous his eyes showed a deep burning pain. At first he seemed upset, that Pain's simple words had struck deep. Though he didn't verbalize it, Pain felt his inner suffering. That he felt it was far too late for him. The expression lasted for just a moment before his sorrow turned into rage.

"WHY WONT YOU DIE?!?" Butch screamed at the top of his lungs, raising both arms up in attempts to finish his foe off with a vicious hammering. Just as he moved to throw his strike, that woman's voice called out from behind him. Immediately a flurry of bullets blasted towards him, giving him no time to react.

They exploded upon impact, blasting Butch into several small pieces across the room. There was no blood, no gore, just pieces of slimy odd flesh all over. A significant amount smothered Pain, the rest scattered across the destroyed room. There was no movement in the putty-like flesh, it all laid still and lifeless.

-

Pain sat up and wiped his bloodied face, though it barely made a difference. He seemed in a shock, having experienced Butch's death first hand. His blue eyes widened as he sat there blankly, no longer trying to clean himself of the blood and mess. He didn't make an effort to stand, instead he sat there with both arms resting on his knees as his body began repairing itself. With tongue in cheek, he was stunned, like a child who had just seen the boogieman.

"Thank you." He broke his silence, directing his thanks to the silver haired woman who had come to his rescue. The look in his eyes returned to normal, he proceeded to pick himself up and stand tall. He wiped his face again as he turned away from her, moving to exit the building without another word.

Feeling someone else die, that's something I'll never get used to.. Memories. Dreams. Aspirations. Fears. Everything wiped out in an instant. A life filled with events, gone forever, leaving nothing behind but an empty shell... I've never feared death for myself. It's life that scares me, what I might do with it. What I've done... Maybe Butch was right..
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 29th 2015, 12:05 pm

Skyler's chest rose and fell dramatically as she took in deep breaths. Calming herself, she watched as Butch's slimy body exploded all over the room, coating the destroyed building in disgust.

During the flurry of fighting, Skyler's hair fell down out of the tie it was in. The simple bun was now a mess of silver surrounding her features. A bit of blood trickled from some cuts on her arms, knees, and face. Being knocked out of the way saved her from potential danger, but had left her a bit bruised. Her body, however, repaired itself much quicker than Pain's. She was almost instantaneously better, now only marked with blood and dirt as the aftermath.

A strong breeze rolled in as the fire trucks finally arrived. There was chaos moving around of the two heroes. Skyler stood stoic as if she was accustomed to the death. She actually was. She had no mercy for this scum. She was glad he was dead. She knew it was never a good thing to kill, but she also believed it was what was deserved. Karma is a bitch, and she always gets her way.

As reality crashed back around of Skyler, she was pulled in by the nearly faceless hero in front of her. His voice breaking through the silence between them. His thank you lit something inside of Skyler. She had no idea what it was, but she knew it was something more. Something she could see herself enjoying. Was it friendship outside of family? Was it truly?

"Mama? Aiva muttered, glitching into view as a small hologram.

Skyler's eyes followed Pain as he stood and turned to take his leave. She watched him, her good eye actually watching him walk away.

"Yes?" she said finally, her attention half diverted to Aiva.

"Remember what you told Lilia? About never letting something you like get away?"

Skyler nodded absentmindedly, her attention almost eighty percent returned to Pain's back as he made his way out.

"Go." Aiva said, glitching back to nonexistence.

Skyler was about to walk out and follow after Pain when a crew of fire fighters came by her. One was following behind, carrying a smaller child. The kid looked alright, but scared. The building had lost one of it's main support beams, and the fire fighters were insisting everyone get out of there. The one man and child were far behind when it happened. The building let out a loud whine and the second out of four of the support beams cracked, bringing another section of the building down.

Skyler's phenomenal reaction time allowed her to dash and shove the man and kid out of the way, leaving her to get crushed underneath of the massive beam. Pinned under the weight, Skyler's body convulsed as it tried to regenerate from the sudden force struck upon it. She coughed up blood, her back against the ground.

A shrill scream erupted from Aiva as the holographic girl appeared kneeling next to Skyler.

"Mama NO!"

-My DeviantArt-
Unremembered JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain August 29th 2015, 6:50 pm

The chaos that ensued around him felt almost in a different phase of reality, seemingly deaf to the crumbling structure that surrounded him. It never escaped his mind that these people were in danger, but he had hoped his part here was finished. The slightest crumbling of the support beams rang through his ears briefly before it's collapse. He pivoted his upper body, turning round to see the upper floors collapsing down onto fleeing innocents. Through his eyes, things seemed to be moving much slower. He had more than enough time to save these people, but he was beaten to the punch.

To his surprise, the very mercenary who had come to his aid sacrificed herself for these people. Now she seemed to be nothing more than a gory mess under the heavy support beam.

Why..? I could've saved you too..

He was perplexed, though she didn't seem evil he hardly expected such an act. Why was she so eager to throw her life away?

"Go! NOW!" He demanded sternly of the few that remained, they were still in shock due to their saviors demise. Pain's booming voice snapped them out of it, and they immediately fled to safety. Nearly everyone had been able to evacuate, now only Pain and what remained of the silver haired woman were in the massive collapsing structure.

The building was quickly coming down on top of them, debris raining down in heavy chunks. They were running out of time. With incredible speed, he charged through the destruction and over to the massive beam that pinned her bloodied and broken body to the ground. With one heave, he lifted and effortlessly tossed the beam aside into more debris. Amazingly she was alive, though in very bad shape. To him she seemed like she was dying. He knelt down to pick her up, cradling her in his arms like a child. Before he could stand, several chunks of the building crashed down directly onto them. Pain turned his back to it, absorbing as much as impact as he could.

There was no more time, the entire building began crumbling down onto them. He was left with no choice, he held her close to his chest and shielded her with his body as the destruction rained onto them. The pressure forced him to a knee, but it would not be nearly enough to fold him. They were buried underneath the wreckage, an entire building collapsed onto them.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 29th 2015, 10:06 pm

Her abdomen was basically jelly, the only thing holding her together being the clothes on her back. A raspy gasp curled through her as Aiva fell down next to her, the hologram phasing through the rubble.

"A--...Aiva.." She attempted to speak, her voice barely audible.

Before Aiva could utter a word, both the artificial intelligence and her creator were startled by the sudden booming voice commanding the bystanders. Soon after, and with calamity not skipping a beat, Skyler could feel the ground shake beneath her with each massive step Pain took to close the distance between her beaten body and himself.

Both of her eyes stared up at the man as he effortlessly lifted the beam. The string of her eye patch had been severed as her head smashed back against the ground. Aiva stood up and was broken in half as the beam soared through her. She dissipated, returning safely to the digital world.

Skyler's body was beginning to numb over as it began to repair itself. Starting with the major organs first, and focusing on the nerves and other small things last, the reason she was able to call herself a hero started to work. Her bones seemingly snapped back into place as Pain's hands lifted up her broken form. She had never felt like this. So fragile. She had never been this close to another human, besides Lilia, and liked it.

Fear, for the first time, rushed through her. She was not going to be the reason this fella died.

"I---" she attempted to speak, but instead felt a deep pain rush through her, forcing her to wince and writhe into Pain's grip.

She could hear what was happening. She could feel the atmospheric pressure change around of them as her nerves began to repair themselves. The building was coming down. She wanted nothing more than to make it out alive.

As her mind raced to Lilia's face, Skyler's eyes closed to accept her fate. The shock of Pain falling to a knee was absorbed mostly by his massive form, but then the building took them, burying them beneath it's weight.

---

After a few moments of silence, Skyler attempted to speak again.

"No... thank you." It was a late reply to his sign of gratitude, but Skyler felt it was only the right thing to say at this exact moment. Within the darkness, Aiva's blue holographic form appeared, washing the two heroes in cerulean.

"Hey Mama.." she said, her voice soft as the tiny hologram walked along the air in the limited space.

"Hey... How many hours of oxygen do we have?" Skyler asked, taking small, shallow breaths to ensure survival.

"One moment!" Aiva said, her eyes becoming white as binary code scrolled over them.

"Two hours approximately." She said.

Skyler simply nodded, her back arching slightly as her vertebrae finally repaired themselves. She let out a groan of pain but gritted her teeth in defiance to ensure she wasn't the one using up all the breathable air.

-My DeviantArt-
Unremembered JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain September 9th 2015, 11:49 am

This took more out of him than he would like to admit, it had been far too long since he had made use of his powers. He felt rusty, out of breath and far weaker than he should be. Though his stamina is seemingly inexhaustible, he huffed heavily into the darkness that surrounded them. He heard her thanks, but gave no reply other than a slight nod of recognition. Instead his mind wandered, puzzled by the building's destruction.

We couldn't have done that much damage, there's no way we brought down this building alone. Something else is going on here, something bigger than just Butch.

His thoughts were briefly interrupted by the woman writhing in his grip. He heard her attempts to speak and quickly hushed her with a calm demand.

"Save your strength."

She declined his demand and thanked him, then proceeded to assess their situation with the aid of her AI friend. For someone with a broken body, she showed a fierce yet self-destructive determination. The more she flailed in his grip, the more obvious it became she was healing from her grievous wounds.

"Just keep breathing. I'll get us out of here."

For him, it only took a booming swipe of his free arm to clear a path. The rubble scattered about in a hailstorm of concrete and dust, exposing the trio to the bright sunlight and wind. Pain then proceeded to walk over to a flat stone, where he softly laid the recovering woman down. He stood tall over her, briefly giving her eye contact as he spoke.

"Just because you can heal,"

Pain looked away off into the distance, as if something else had grabbed his attention. He had much on his mind, especially given this event. "Doesn't mean you can't get yourself killed." His mind seemed to wander after that statement, wrapped up in his own thoughts. He stood aloof, arms at his sides with blue eyes looking towards the cerulean sky.  

He spoke without so much as glancing at her, as if what he was focused on was more imperative.  "You didn't know Butch, I saw that while I was in his mind.. Given your actions, you had nothing to do with what happened here either... But I'd like to be sure, so I'll only ask this one more time." His glare drifted down onto her, icy eyes scanning her for signs of dishonesty.

"Who are you?" He questioned authoritatively.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 14th 2015, 2:00 am

As soon as her spine had finally realigned itself, and the nerves were sparking back to life, she felt a wave of relief whoosh over her. The sudden release of dopamine within her brain sent her body into a rush. Her pupils dilated, her breaths quickening in pace. Her chest felt tight as her heart beat faster and faster. The dopamine triggered adrenaline, sending her body into overdrive.

"I trust you," she said quickly, her eyes darting up to greet his face. His features were not as muddled as they had been from being pulverized, and looked purple from his red blood mixing with the blue light coming from Aiva.

First there was the inky darkness, but a hurried punch from Pain forcibly removed the rubble keeping them trapped. The eruption of fallen building scattered, raining debris coating the street, sidewalk, and nearby cars.

As if it were scripted, the brute carried the broken beauty to lay her down, gently, upon a concrete slab. She laid still for a few more moments while her body finalized her healing process. The adrenaline rush and sudden skyrocketed amounts of dopamine settled throughout her body, leaving her in tip-top shape. She leaned up, sitting herself with most of her weight pressed upon her left palm, it positioned slightly behind of her.

"I..." she started to retort to his comment. She did not have a death wish, but part of her might. She needed to do a psychic evaluation on herself, it seemed.

Pain looked off into the distance as he continued on, bringing up the fallen foe. Skyler rose to her feet, adjusting the tattered clothes clinging to her torso. As she stood, her form, elevated on the platform, just barely came to his chin. She felt more level with his eyes now. Her silver irises locked onto Pain's own icy blue hues.

His words soon became questioning ones. She felt his tone change as his eyes looked down upon her own, holding a glare within the icy gaze.

Unnerved by the stare down, and with only Pain in her direct vicinity, she spoke.

"I am not good, but I am not evil. I do what is right for this world and take away the trash. I'm not like most heroes that sweep shit under the rug, bub. I make sure to put an end to it, and if someone is gonna pay me for it? I'll accept it. Just like this bounty on the Blob. I only had his human identity, Butch. But, seeing as he truly was a waste of oxygen, I'm glad to have put him to an end." She skipped giving out her name, at least for now.

-My DeviantArt-
Unremembered JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain September 18th 2015, 5:52 pm

He heard her words, though they sounded as if she was trying to convince herself of their truth more so than him. Her reasoning incited disgust, her claims to enjoy taking his life immediately played Butch's death over in his mind. Towards the end of her speech, he gave a slight nod of recognition.

"I see.." His eyes dropped away from hers, his gaze shifting off to the floor for a moment while he collected his thoughts. Taking life was never something he enjoyed, even in his most crazed state against the most reprehensible of villains. He felt lust for violence, but never for death.

"Skyler, was it?" His eyes quickly trailed back up to her, his furrowed expression seemingly analyzing her. Though his presence was intimidating, in reality he held a concern for her. The path she may take, or perhaps may have already taken is a road he knows all too well. "You neglected to share that."

"You seem driven by selfish motivations under the guise of heroics." He immediately followed up, his words harsh and his voice stern.

"You refer to your victims as trash, but you're a murderer yourself.. What makes you any better?" Though he didn't raise his voice, sorrowful anger seethed through his words. Deep down he knew he once sounded like her, that if he hadn't left he may very well have fallen down that path. Perhaps, subconsciously this was therapeutic. As if through her he was reflecting on his own inner demons.

He cut her off, having no desire to hear her answer. "Don't play the hero." He stated contentiously, the raspiness in his voice showing strongly. Seemingly done with their exchange, he turned his back to her once more. "Be one." He stated harshly over his shoulder before looking ahead.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down