The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:49 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Deathbringer  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Deathbringer  I_vote_lcapDeathbringer  I_voting_barDeathbringer  I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Deathbringer  I_vote_lcapDeathbringer  I_voting_barDeathbringer  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Deathbringer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deathbringer  Empty Deathbringer

Post by Forceaus December 4th 2014, 7:27 pm

Deathbringer
I'm starting to believe that my purpose is to become one of history's greatest monsters. I do so hope I succeed.

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Deathbringer
Title:
Alignment: CE
Race: Metahuman
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'11
Weight: 158 lbs
Blood type: AB negative

The Looks

Jacob is a fairly tall and lanky man. He's rather plain looking. His hair is short trimmed and he has perma-stubble for facial hair that's a bit more prominent around his chin to make it look like he has a slight goatee.
His costume is a fairly simple heavily layered black outfit that covers every inch of him.

The Legacy

Personality: Jacob is mostly a classic total psychopath. Though not the same as many. He completely understands the good qualites in people, and also how to tear them down for he doesn't believe they're part of a person's real nature. Jacob is great at manipulating others to the point he believes it's his real superpower and everything else is just stuff that lets him continuing doing so. He is very proud of his accomplishments and refuses to let himself be challenged or truly harmed by anyone that hasn't proven their worth. Jacob is fond of others whom are proud and seeking to prove their worth. He doesn't consider himself leadership material, preferring to make allies with those he feels he can easily work with, usually by manipulating them into thinking they have no reason to ever not trust him entirely.  

History: Jacob Coleman started off as nothing. Plain looking, mundane life, nothing special about him. It was something he was left confused by even as a child. All that talk about how people are special and unique in their own individual ways and here he was with nothing to show for it. His real parents were only teenagers when he was conceived and put him up for adoption after two failed abortions brought him into this world. His adopted parents were generally good natured, but fairly incompetent at raising a child. They didn't know how to teach him anything of value and it left him unable to figure out what all these things he would hear mean't. Jacob would find himself ostracized everywhere in life and came to think this was his way of being special and unique, and it did not feel right to him. It wasn't good enough for him. He felt he deserved more.

Jacob would spend much of his childhood trying to find his place in this world, but years of failures and shortcomings slowly took their toll. The only things he found himself to be remotely good at were based around fear and control. This made him think he was mean't to be evil. Mean't to be a monster, and those thoughts awakened his powers. For a time he set about trying to understand his powers. The knowledge of people with powers in the world was becoming more and more widespread, and he knew he was one of them, and with these powers, he could make an impact and prove himself special and unique. Perhaps he had not been lied to as a child after all. They just didn't provide him with all the crucial information.

Jacob eventually decided to test out what he was really capable of as a monsters in this supposed safe world. He chose the name deathbringer due to how straightforward it was even if it did sound ridiculous. The somewhat laughable name only provided him with the motivation to make it one that would be feared by all those that heard it.

Jacob got his start when he would up joining a group of would be supervillains that were trying to make it big. Power-wise, they were mostly on the lower end of the scale and struggled to succeed at anything. Their ambitions were too far beyond them to begin with, and soon they drew attention from those that could easily stop them in their tracks. This included superheroes and the government. Jacob's desires to succeed slowly caused his powers to grow to the point where at one point he was one of the more powerful metahumans around, though this was short lived as the scale grew in capability over time to the point where most of the current metahumans quickly became obsolete by comparison. Jacob eventually took control over this group, though he had to kill the current leader in order to do it. He moved them away from those that knew them well and they travelled far and wide for a new place to start. They eventually settled in a town of less than 100 people. They wound up killing about a third of the population and have managed to keep their presence there a secret via Jacob's ability to influence people. He accomplished this by instilling in them the thought that trying to get help would be too much work. As a result they've secretly lived there for a nearly five years.

Despite having a safe place to live, the group constantly set out performing acts of villainy to challenge and improve themselves for Jacob simply refused to settle with controlling a tiny little town. The constant activity led to them becoming more well known as new members joined to replace those that were lost over time. By now only one member remains from when Jacob originally joined.

The Powers

Power 1: Jacob has developed extremely high levels of intelligence through a combination of studying, life experience and his metagene enhancing his brain's capacity for learning. He has also developed an ability to influence the minds of others(Mind control, player permission required to use on other character. I know the rules guys, don't worry.)

Power 2: Jacob is somewhat built like a slasher film killer. He is highly durable and can regenerate from fatal wounds very quickly. He's not quite unkillable, but seems to be pretty close to it, and may even improve over the course of time.

Weaknesses:
Limited combat skills: Jacob just is not much of a fighter and prefers to let others do the work whenever he can unless he feels like he'll win easily.
Obsessed with manipulating people: Jacob is a master of manipulation, but sometimes can't stop himself.
Likes to play games: He enjoys the thrill of the hunt and messing with people so much he oftens puts himself in danger.
Complexity Addiction: Jacob constantly tries to be too clever and artistic with his plans to the point that he might overlook seemingly insignificant details, thereby causing them to go astray.

Items

Item Name: Infamy Blade

Item Description: A sword that was made via a bunch of stolen bits of advanced technology over the years combined with the powers of various individuals. It retracts into its hilt for easier transport.

Item Power(s): A near masterpiece of technology infused with superpowers. It's a highly durable broadsword with a retractable blade that's mainly designed to cut through nearly anything. It has an extra long handle with a few gadgets installed into it that grant it a few extra abilities.
Abilities:
Aerokinetic blaster. Allows the blade to fire out sharp gusts of wind whenever the sword is swung.
Barrier. Generates a barrier around the wielder of the sword to protect them from incoming attacks.
Flame generator: Produces flames that surround the blade. Can be launced outwards.

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es):
The additional powers can only be used one at a time.
Flames only last up to two minutes and take five minutes to restore.
Barrier isn't completely impregnable and takes over a minute to be used again if destroyed.
The aerokinetic power requires a proper swing to work.
The sword's powers can be disrupted if hit by magic.

(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility: 3
Endurance: 1
Reaction: 2
Strength: 4

Last edited by Forceaus on April 2nd 2015, 12:11 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added an item)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Deathbringer  Empty Re: Deathbringer

Post by Danger December 4th 2014, 10:53 pm

Approved
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus February 23rd 2015, 5:27 pm

Unapproved for edits

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus February 23rd 2015, 6:58 pm

Finished

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 23rd 2015, 10:11 pm

Approved and moved!

-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell April 2nd 2015, 12:07 am

Unapproved upon request

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell April 2nd 2015, 12:12 am

Last edited by Forceaus on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:11 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added an item)

^ That works for me

Approved until stated otherwise.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top