The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Marina Bellamy I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Marina Bellamy I_vote_lcapMarina Bellamy I_voting_barMarina Bellamy I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Marina Bellamy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marina Bellamy Empty Marina Bellamy

Post by Marina Bellamy March 25th 2014, 11:26 pm

MARINA NATSUKO BELLAMY
there is a fine line between censorship and good taste and moral responsibility

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Calypso
Title: N/A
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Half-Siren
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 128lbs
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Marina:

Calypso:

The Legacy

Personality: Marina is a very kind and sweet girl. Ever since learning about her powers, she has made a very conscious effort to make sure she was not using her powers unintentionally, as she is very big on protecting free will. In fact, she is very big on protecting freedom in general. Though freedom is not the only thing she strives to protect. Marina uses her alias "Calypso" to bring light to many injustices throughout the world because it is the only way she knows how to attempt to make the world a better place.

One should not mistake her kindness for weakness. While she has very little physical strength, it takes quite a good deal of courage to throw oneself into potential danger and take photos of things that could get her killed or at least severely injured. Marina is far from stupid, she knows the risks and she knows that even though she has yet to be hurt, her luck will not last forever.

She is also a very passionate person, another reason she decided to take the road she is now on. When she decides to do something, she throws herself into it with as much ferocity as she can. This makes her a fantastic friend and lover, but it also makes her a powerful enemy. If someone manages to cross her (which is, by itself, a feat) she will make sure they regret it.

History: Marina's mother Ren Bellamy was an Olympic swimmer with two gold medals. In the summer of 1998, Ren was training in the English Channel when she met a man and fell in love. She had never been a romantic, had always scoffed at the idea of falling in love at first sight, but the second she lay her eyes on Dorian she was in love. Unfortunately, they were only together for three days. By the third day, Dorian realized that he had started to fall in love with Ren as well. He was a siren and sirens equate love to weakness. So he did the only think he could think of. He lured her out into the sea and attempted to drown her. But he had never known how strong of a swimmer Ren was, she'd kept that to herself as lots of guys tend to be intimidated by that kind of success. It wasn't until Ren was back home in Paris that she realized she was pregnant.

Three years after Marina was born, Ren started to notice some odd things about her. They weren't too obvious, but Ren could see the way her daughter was able to persuade kids on the playground to do what she wanted without having to convince them. She worried she would have to track down Dorian to find answers, the absolute last thing she wanted to do. Instead, she started with research and eventually landed on a few myths about sirens. Looking back, it had been so blatant that Ren dissolved into nearly hysterical laughter.

Knowing that Marina was half-siren changed everything. All of the myths she read pointed to sirens being evil, using their powers to seduce and kill humans. Ren refused to let that happen to Marina, and so she forced herself to become hyperaware of her daughter's actions, determined to prove that nurture could win out over nature. And it did. Whether it was due to Ren's parenting or because Marina was only half-siren, neither of them knew or cared. All they cared about was that Marina's moral compass pointed firmly due north, to the point where she felt she needed to do something about it.

She decided to become a photojournalist, to capture injustices on film and tell the world about them. However, she knew that there was a chance she would would be in danger, so she decided to submit the photos under a pseudonym (Calypso) and disguised herself when she took them. As she needed a source of income, Marina took a job as a photographer at a fashion magazine where she actually made quite a name for herself within the fashion industry, allowing herself to earn a high enough salary that she was able to live quite comfortably while still throwing herself into potential danger on a regular basis.

The Powers

Siren's Song: Courtesy of her Siren father, Marina possesses the ability to charm (but not necessarily control) nearly anyone she comes into contact with. Her voice becomes hypnotic and alluring, making people want to do as she says. [REQUIRES PERMISSION FROM OTHER PLAYERS]

Grid
Intelligence: 8
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Durability: 7
Ability: 1
Fighting Skills: 3
Wealth: 4

Last edited by Marina Bellamy on April 18th 2014, 8:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Marina Bellamy
Marina Bellamy

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 11
Job : Vigilante Photojournalist
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Marina Bellamy Empty Re: Marina Bellamy

Post by Marina Bellamy April 18th 2014, 4:46 pm

And I'm FINALLY done!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
click the image for her application
Other Characters:
Marina Bellamy
Marina Bellamy

Number of posts : 11
Job : Vigilante Photojournalist
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 18th 2014, 8:36 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top