The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Santo Dorado
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Fusion Frenzy
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Pleasant Point
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:45 am by Cerek

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_vote_lcapIntro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_voting_barIntro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_vote_lcapIntro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_voting_barIntro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) Empty Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost)

Post by Anthem March 14th 2019, 10:44 pm

A desolate house in a small town just outside Pittsburgh in the state of Pennsylvania. It was an opportunity Asher couldn’t possibly pass up once he heard of it. He had been on his way to the International Airport, hoping to leave the country and see the world, though his desire to have a home was suddenly thrust upon him. His plan was quite simple, go into the house and claim it as his own. Whenever someone wanted to come in or do something stupid like move in, he’d just play a haunting little melody. Extra emphasis on the haunting portion. A small sigh came from the young man’s mouth as he saw his breath in the cold air. He had gotten used to not breathing for several minutes at a time before panic suddenly overtook him and he’d gasp for air. Of all the things he loathed about his tortured existence, breathing manually was the worst part.

Taking his violin case off of his back he would set it onto the ground and contemplate his entrance to the old house. He first tried the door, it was locked, of course. Then he decided that it was best to rely on his strengths. He withdrew his curled violin and quickly placed it to proper position, tucking it by his neck and took to the bow. A quick little flick of the wrist and then creeping into a familiar flow, treble to sharp the violin sand it’s song and with an exhale, Asher saw his breath fly towards the door, taking a slight humanoid form before passing through the door. After a few more pulls and the song came to an abrupt stop. The door unlocked and Asher smiled.

”We can try this for a couple nights. If that doesn’t work then I guess we’re only thirty miles from a flight to China, right?” He asked, seemingly no one as he looked around, as if seeing something that wasn’t there and shrugging. He stepped into the house with his violin in his arms, looking back at the open door. “Oh, Uncle Jack I forgot my case, can you-?” The young man asked before the case outside was violently propelled across the air and into the house. Asher ducked to make sure it’s crashing into the house didn’t involve a collision with his head. He muttered a thanks as he glared to his angry uncle. Looking around he took notice that the two story house was partially furnished, nothing overly comfortable but that didn’t matter. He didn’t really sleep much...unless he was bored. The baby grand sitting in the living room told him he would not be sleeping too much tonight. With a smile he sat down and peeled off his jacket, clicking his tongue as he searched for the music he had written on napkins.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) Anthem10
Anthem
Anthem

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-08-07

Back to top Go down

Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) Empty Re: Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost)

Post by ghost March 15th 2019, 5:48 pm

The gravel under Theum's boots was difficult to walk on. The body he was in didn't help, mostly because his host had died about four hours ago. The control takes a little getting used to, but soon he wont have to worry about it. It has been four days, three hours, fifteen minutes, and Theum looked at his watch, four seconds since he began stalking his next host body. A young man that goes by the name, "Allen Scott" was about to get out of basketball practice, he always came down the way Theum was watching, St. James street and Klick Avenue.

"There you are." Theum thought as he glared over the gravel trail, across an empty paved road, to a young man with his head tucked back into his hoodie. Theum had noticed the kid never really looked up, always walked around like the world beat him every morning, today Theum would take advantage of that. A few minutes before the kid's arrival Theum had placed a silver ring in the path, there was almost no doubt that Allen would pick it up.

Pain raked across Theum's neck and shoulder as his attention was drawn to the southeast. After the pain was gone an odd drawing filled his host's bones. After death, sensations in the body tended to be chaotic, but this was something Theum had recognized, similar to the first time he had died. It almost brought back memories of the past, though Theum tried not to hold on to those too tight. It was too tempting to pass on, he needed to know what was causing it.

The kid bent down and picked up the silver ring. Theum smiled, "I'll be seeing you later." he thought as he turned toward the odd feeling. His thick leather coat almost allowed him to vanish into the night, but the pale dead skin of his host reflected light far too well; he managed to go unnoticed by Allen.

As he traveled in the direction he was drawn, the sensation intensified and became almost pin point. He found himself in front of a house on Vecna St. It was radiating with music...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Avatar image: By Ofelia Generated with AI.
ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 450
Job : Medical, Navy
Humor : Your mom
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthem March 18th 2019, 9:55 pm

The song started out simple enough. As his bow slid across the violin’s neck he could feel the images of lives prior. A knife across the throat, the warm liquid falling between his fingers leaving behind a gross and sickly film. The tears and emptiness of a woman looking out to sea. A small child, freightened and shaking in his bed, knowing that this breath would be his last. Focus... He needed focus. He had to latch to one. He needed to latch to the story, the meaning behind one of them. With a deep inhale, he took in life, driving back his connection with the dead, but with a slow exhale he felt them all creeping closer, all of them staring at him with expectation, anticipation. The creeping whisps and nightmare-fuel of his ancestors staring as he sought to connect with one.

Empty... To empty his mind of anticipation, of doubt and to become one with his surroundings. Abandoned... Much too like the house around him. Abandoned, empty. What else could he feel? He allowed the spirits closer and closer, searching for the motivations, sieving through their stories for the one that he would tell. Anger... Anger was strong, lingering as a feeling of betrayal when mixed with the abandonment, and emptiness one felt. He heard not one soul, but two. With a small smile he began to bring his haunting melody to a close, calling fourth of the two souls with the story to tell.

Silence within the house for a moment. His eyes opened as he wondered if the spirits simply did not wish to respond, or if he would need to force them. Of course at times it took the spirits themselves a moment to orient upon their return to this plane. Suddenly there it was. The piano. A small melody beginning, slow and almost morose in its beginnings.

”Tell me, tell me God. What is left here for me? I’m a ghost in the window, oh God….set me free. And in Twilight hours...I await forgiveness...That never comes.” Asher’s voice spoke, but the words were not his own. He could see the ghost of a young man standing there, his hair drenched and his skin bloating slightly as he seemed to float across the room, differently than other ghosts had prior. Looking to the piano, he could see an old woman sitting at the piano, playing gracefully on the keys as she took great care and surprising dexterity. Ghosts began to wisp and pour throughout the building, circling and invisible to the eyes of the living, undetected by many as they roamed freely throughout the house, appreciating the solemn song of the ghost opera. Inside the house objects began to shift and move, levitate and twirl with the music.

Anthem
Anthem

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost March 19th 2019, 9:16 pm

Theum was intrigued. Through the window he could see things moving around and hear multiple instruments playing at a time, there was no way he was doing it all alone. Not to mention the feeling he was getting, it seemed to subside the closer he walked toward the house. His hand pounded on the door almost on its own. His body was dead, there was no way this was his host fighting back. He wondered how the person inside would react to such a scene, a dead man knocking on the door. Before it opened Theum was sure to push his Host's thick brown hair out of his face and squeezed his cheeks a bit, a poor attempt to bring blood to the area.

Theum pulled at his pants nervously. He noticed the police issue handgun was still tucked into his belt, held tightly against his back. Of course there was no need for it, he couldn't get anymore dead than he already was, but he liked to think he could cause pain if the need raised.

The kid had slipped to the back of his mind. There was no need to worry about such a thing right now, it wasn't like he was about to graduate tomorrow. And even if that had been the case, the kid wouldn't just sell the ring he had picked up. No one ever just sold it, from experience Theum had speculated he would keep it on his person for the next day or two, long enough for him to take care of business and check out an odd feeling or two. He smiled.

ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthem March 23rd 2019, 5:29 pm

A knock on the door interrupted the melody, suddenly all instruments falling silent as all faces of the ghosts seemed to lose detail, appearing like skulls with sharper teeth and wisping hair that bled into tendril-like appendages. The ghosts became formless and featureless in an instant, their creepy undead stare just glaring to the door, as if wanting or waiting to charge. There was an almost eerie chill that settled to the area. The young man looked up to the door and walked over, shooing the spectral apparitions and restless family of souls behind him. They rarely made social interactions easier. If anything they did stupid things like scare people, give them bad vibes and make them run away crying when they could rarely allow themselves to interact with the material plane.

The white-haired young man twisted the doorknob and opened the door. The spirits seemed to have vanished, retreating to the veil, away from both the true world and the netherworld. As they had hidden themselves, awaiting their descendant’s call, the young man opened the door to see what appeared to be a man, or an officer with what appeared to be slightly pale, but his face had some slight color. His eyes were not fooled, however. He saw nothing more than a man puppeting a corpse. Asher didn’t really react. He’d watched family do this enough times to know what this entailed. He nodded and smiled slightly.

“Caaaan I help you officer?” He asked, inquiring as to why he had an officer knocking on his door. Well it wasn’t his door. This place was entirely vacant, with no owner. Just a few pieces on the inside that made it look barely furnished. Asher tried to slip himself out the door if possible...if not he figured this officer was going to find out one way or another.

Intro: Ghost In the Window (Ghost) Anthem10
Anthem
Anthem

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost March 23rd 2019, 9:49 pm

A young man opened the door. It felt like forever, anticipation and desire, things that Theum usually pleased in an instant, he didn't feel like himself. He needed to grab hold of reality, take back what was his; life. The kids question shuddered Theum out of his desperate inward plea for normalcy. He began to play the roll of officer Ross. "Yeah, what are you doing here kid? Don't cha' know it's illegal to squat?" He tried to peer into the house, noting the now quiet spaces.

When the young man tried to leave he pushed his arm out to block the doorway. As soon as he did the sharp feeling disappeared. It was the kid. Theum couldn't understand as to how yet, but he intended to find out. "What's happening here?" He pushed himself inside. Not sure if even the kid knew the origin of his question, was it this house? Maybe when he touched it, a thousands like sounding solutions pounded its way through the cadavers lifeless head.

There was only minimal furniture, obviously abandoned, dust settled onto the floor in such a layer it told a story. Foot steps from her to there to the old couch to the door. His gaze danced around the building like a tiger seeking a gazelle. He looked for anything out of the ordinary, though nothing stood out. Theum in all of his wisdom decided to not speak again, he only stared at the young man till he began to speak...

ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top