The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Medicine Woman I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Medicine Woman I_vote_lcapMedicine Woman I_voting_barMedicine Woman I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Medicine Woman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Medicine Woman Empty Medicine Woman

Post by Ultragal May 20th 2016, 2:48 pm

Medicine Woman
"Every rock, tree and creature has a spirit,   meaning and a name."

Basic Biography

Heroine Name: Medicine Woman
Title:  Shaman (A more "formal" word for  a tribal healer/councilor)
Alignment: TN
Race: Native American/American Indian (Sometimes called "AmerInd")
Hair: Black
Eyes: Deep brown
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 101 lbs.
Blood type: O (AKA "Universal Donor")

The Looks

Copper-red skin, athletic build (she spends a lot of time outdoors), general "Wholesome/Girl-Next-Door" appearance.

Costume:  doeskin dress (below her knees, but not "maxi"), headband, gloves, "fanny pack"-like waistpack and boots. ("Doeskin" is equivalent to the brownish-tan of a baby female deer's natural overall color).

The Legacy

Personality:
Melancholy (she still mourns her great-grandma's death, even in adulthood), good, kind and fair. Save lives, help the helpless and defend the defenseless.

History:
When her great-grandmother died,  her spirit/"soul" bonded with Jayne's.  Jayne loved her great-grandma so much,  it was only natural for such a union to occur.  Jayne inherited her great-grandmom's  medicine pouch.  She made it into a "fanny pack" to disguise its true purpose.  This is where her "powers" come from.  This History/Legacy will be solely about Jayne and her great-grandmother, Bas Chava.  She was the main influence on Jayne's life.  I will, mention, though that Jayne's parents were (they're both dead) "eco-actvists", hence Jayne's interest in nature. (An "eco-activist" spends his/her life protecting/defending/guarding nature's ecology.)

Fast forward several years:  Bas Chava continued caring for Jayne.   Bas Chava finally realized that Jayne's parents never returned. She became Jayne's teacher, spiritual advisor and "life coach" (to use a contemporary term popular today.  Sorry, I can't think of a better way to put it. :-( ). Essentially, Bas Chava shared all her knowledge with Jayne.

When Bas Chava knew she was dying, she told Jayne about her "medicine pouch".  The natural curatives, antidotes, etc, were "blessed"  by nature to regenerate but *only if a tiny bit, even if crushed* was still left.   The medicinal herbs, roots, and flowers would *not* "bless" Jayne with immortality.  She'd eventually "return her spirit to nature when the time comes".  (That is, Jayne would die.)

As Bas Chava took her last breath, she gave the pouch to Jayne. Jayne's love for her "attracted" her great-grandmother's "spirit" to her own.  Death then claimed Bas Chava.  Jayne's love was the "binding" that bonded both spirits.  

Now:  The "joined spirits aura" (not an actual visible "aura") triggered Jayne's metagene. It also infused the "medicines" in the pouch with *slightly* more potent healing properties (e.g. an antidote for poison that lasts 20 minutes.  In fact, those same 20 minutes affects all the rest of the "medicines"   They originally lasted only 5 minutes.)

((My apologies once again.  I couldn't think of any more History/Legacy details to add.)) The bow, arrows, knife, quiver and tomahawk are standard gear for every member of Jayne's tribe (which is too widely scattered to have any info available).

Medicine Woman
The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: When Jayne is "Medicine Woman", her "metagene" opens her pores, releasing what I call a "memory pheremone (sp?)".  It triggers the "memory scent" that most animals are born/hatched with.  In other words, an animal would "remember" that Jayne's great-grandmother (who died at 101 years old) helped his/her ancestor.  This memory brings out a sort of "payback" .  Namely, the descendant of that animal's instinct is to help "Medicine Woman". To "pay it forward", so to speak. This "power" is suppressed when "Medicine Woman" is "Jayne Bas Chava" .  The "memory pheremone" is disguised by Jayne's favorite rosewater (a "natural perfume", for lack of a better term) that she uses daily.

For trees/other "growing" things:  Since AmerInds believe that everything in nature has a "spirit", a tree's "spirit" (for example) responds to Medicine Woman's "joined spirit" (hers and her great-grandma's).  An apple tree (to name only one kind of tree) would drop an apple on the ground if its "spirit sense" detects that Medicine Woman is hungry. Different kinds of trees or growing things' "spirits" help in different ways.

Natural inanimates (like a boulder), help Medicine Woman on a more simple and basic level. If a boulder is 6 feet or less from Medicine Woman, and she's fighting a foe, the boulder would roll towards that foe. (It rolls slowly, so it's the foe's choice to dodge/evade or not.)

BTW, the "6 feet rule", as I call it, applies to anything found in nature. If further, this "power" fails. Medicine Woman is left to fend for herself. Furthermore, Medicine Woman's "powers" are easy to resist since they affect nature, but not the "supernatural/paranormal".

Medicine Woman's "power" has no effect on humans, aliens, AIs/constructs (like a robot or earth elementals respectively) and "supernatural/paranormal" being

Power 2: Nature, in return, is "aware" to Medicine Woman's presence.  (e.g. a branch would snap off a tree if a foe confronts her under that same tree)

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Anything artificial/synthetic/chemical (e.g. she can't free herself if an enemy ties her up with steel cable).

Weakness 2: Over-processed food(s) and beverage(s) will poison her.  (e.g. a hot dog  and soft drink respectively)

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s): Casual RPer, but I do obey all applicable rules, regulations , procedures and processes.

Items/Minions Items:
bow & arrows with a quiver
concealable (folding) tomahawk (small axe-like weapon)
a bowie knife (larger than a dagger, but smaller than a shortsword).  

Minion(s): None that she can "command", but nature (such as a animal) will help her.  This is due to the "Nature's awareness" mentioned above.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility 2
Endurance 2
Reaction 1
Strength 4

Last edited by Thorgron on August 16th 2016, 3:58 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more IC details)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 263
Job : Office work/clerical/occasional multitasking
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Medicine Woman Empty Re: Medicine Woman

Post by Humanity May 22nd 2016, 1:47 am

Ok, so here's the deal.

I like the concept of a shaman.

That being said I want to approve this, but just a couple things need to be fixed or elaborated (explained) upon a tiny bit more.

First:
Power 1:Nature empathy. She uses nature (but never, ever abuses it for evil!) to fight for right and justice.

You tell us the name of the power, but you don't tell us what the power does? Currently "Empathy" means that you can feel the emotion, or have some form of secondary sensory to nature? Is this just plants? Is this animals? What about people? This power may be worth more than one actual power depending upon how you intend to play it, so we gotta know what you can do with it. Make sense?

Otherwise the only advice I can give is maybe give us a little ore info on her history and personality. Otherwise it might be ok, or it might need an extra weakness for safety sake.

Looking forward to seeing Jayne in action soon!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Medicine Woman Empty Heroine Character

Post by Ultragal May 22nd 2016, 11:36 am

Power 1: When Jayne is "Medicine Woman", her "metagene" opens her pores, releasing what I call a "memory pheremone (sp?)".  It triggers the "memory scent" that most animals are born/hatched with.  In other words, an animal would "remember" that Jayne's great-grandmother (who died at 101 years old) helped his/her ancestor.  This memory brings out a sort of "payback" .  Namely, the descendant of that animal's instinct is to help "Medicine Woman". To "pay it forward", so to speak. This "power" is suppressed when "Medicine Woman" is "Jayne Bas Chava" .  The "memory pheremone" is disguised by Jayne's favorite rosewater (a "natural perfume", for lack of a better term) that she uses daily.

For trees/other "growing" things:  Since AmerInds believe that everything in nature has a "spirit", a tree's "spirit" (for example) responds to Medicine Woman's "joined spirit" (hers and her great-grandma's).  An apple tree (to name only one kind of tree) would drop an apple on the ground if its "spirit sense" detects that Medicine Woman is hungry. Different kinds of trees or growing things' "spirits" help in different ways.

Natural inanimates (like a boulder), help Medicine Woman on a more simple and basic level.  If a boulder is 6 feet or less from Medicine Woman, and she's fighting a foe, the boulder would roll towards that foe. (It rolls slowly, so it's the foe's choice to dodge/evade or not.)

BTW, the "6 feet rule", as I call it, applies to anything found in nature.  If further, this "power" fails.  Medicine Woman is left to fend for herself. Furthermore, Medicine Woman's  "powers" are easy to resist since they affect nature, but not the "supernatural/paranormal".

Medicine Woman's "power" has no effect on humans, aliens, AIs/constructs (like a robot or earth elementals respectively) and "supernatural/paranormal" beings.

Last edited by Ultragal on May 22nd 2016, 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More detailed information)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal May 22nd 2016, 12:16 pm

An expanded "History/Legacy" will hopefully be posted later today. I'm still working on that part in MicroSoft Word.
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Medicine Woman Empty More Info

Post by Ultragal May 22nd 2016, 8:21 pm

Medicine Woman's/ Jayne Bas Chava's History & Legacy:

This post will be solely about Jayne and her great-grandmother, Bas Chava.  She was the main influence on Jayne's life.  I will, mention, though that Jayne' parents were (they're both dead) "eco-actvists", hence Jayne's interest in nature. (An "eco-activist" spends his/her life protecting/defending/guarding nature's ecology.)

When Jayne was three years old, her parents joined a sort of commune for eco-activists.  Her great-grandmother volunteered to care for Jayne.  Bas Chava didn't know, of course, that Jayne's mother and father would both die there.

Fast forward several years:  Bas Chava continued caring for Jayne.   Bas Chava finally realized that Jayne's parents never returned. She became Jayne's teacher, spiritual advisor and "life coach" (to use a contemporary term popular today.  Sorry, I can't think of a better way to put it. :-( ). Essentially, Bas Chava shared all her knowledge with Jayne.

When Bas Chava knew she was dying, she told Jayne about her "medicine pouch".  The natural curatives, antidotes, etc, were "blessed"  by nature to regenerate but *only if a tiny bit, even if crushed* was still left.   The medicinal herbs, roots, and flowers would *not* "bless" Jayne with immortality.  She'd eventually "return her spirit to nature when the time comes".  (That is, Jayne would die.)

As Bas Chava took her last breath, she gave the pouch to Jayne. Jayne's love for her "attracted" her great-grandmother's "spirit" to her own.  Death then claimed Bas Chava.  Jayne's love was the "binding" that bonded both spirits.  

Now:  The "joined spirits aura" (not an actual visible "aura") triggered Jayne's metagene. It also infused the "medicines" in the pouch with *slightly* more potent healing properties (e.g. an antidote for poison that lasts 20 minutes.  In fact, those same 20 minutes affects all the rest of the "medicines"   They originally lasted only 5 minutes.)

((My apologies once again.  I couldn't think of any more History/Legacy details to add.)) The bow, arrows, knife, quiver and tomahawk are standard gear for every member of Jayne's tribe (which is too widely scattered to have any info available).

Last edited by Ultragal on May 23rd 2016, 11:06 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added item/gear/equipment info.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 23rd 2016, 11:06 am

All of these add-ons need to be edited into the original application.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Medicine Woman Empty Posting Problem

Post by Ultragal May 23rd 2016, 2:42 pm

I've added the new info to the original application.  I'm trying to delete the 2 or 3 extra posts I wrote.  I couldn't remove them.  Could a mod please help me erase the posts so that only the corrected original application is left?  Thank you.

Problem 2: I can't copy/paste the *full* application and the newly added info into one single post. Please help me get everything that's required into its proper place. Thank you.
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 23rd 2016, 7:36 pm

Hey Ultra, you haven't been approved yet. Because of this I will be removing your post from the "Tiger in the Bushes" thread. Please do not post in any in character threads until your character is approved.

Also as a little etiquette side note, that "open" thread you posted in has been going for awhile with just those two characters. You should probably make sure it's cool with both of them before just dropping yourself in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas May 26th 2016, 4:56 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top